The Manchester United Thread

Too much talent in 1 pic.
f0SESyR.jpg

Who is that random bloke in the middle?

FFS Young,Valencia to play on wings and Giggs,Jones in CM :( Mata will hardly see the ball tonight.
Nani's injured, Rooney is unfit probably, Januzaj needs rest, Kagawa is next to useless on the wing. Young and Valencia are the only choices we have. Also, Carrick is injured, Fletcher needs rest, Cleverely is useless. So yea. This is best that we could line up.

I think it's a matter of respect mostly. If a manager like Ancelloti or Mourinho comes in, players respect them immediately because they have been there and done that. For a guy like Moyes, it's a bit hard to stamp his authority on a bunch of players who have won everything there is. I think the consequences of that can be seen on the pitch as well. Players like Valencia not giving a **** whether United are winning or losing...

Not that it's Moyes' fault. Tbh not many other options for him. Hasn't been deal the best set of cards by Woody and Fergie either. Definitely will be a summer clear out regardless of whether United get CL or not imo

Moyes has a 6 year contract. He's going nowhere. He gave EVERYONE a chance, if you can't be arsed to motivate yourself to play for Manchester United, you don't deserve to play anyway. If he gives you a chance, respect him or not, you'll be gone long before he is, and chances are, unless you're RVP or Rooney, you'll never reach the same heights again. That's your motivation.

How are they ever going to respect him if the players don't respect him in the first place? Even ignoring that I find the respect argument ridiculous, the only way he'd ever earn that respect is by having his own team playing for him, ergo replacing everyone who didn't respect him.

And he hasn't been acting like a 'tough guy', the whole time. Since he's started he's been the exact opposite and talked up the squad, it's only now that we've signed Mata and he's pretty **** confident that he's getting new players, that he's come out with something between his legs and told them how it is.

RVP back again! I know it is only 10 mins into the game but we are playing some attractive football, at least better than most of what I have seen this season. I hope it continues. like I said though it is early but we look good.

To be fair, great goal by Young. Much prefer him to Valencia right now.

Well I'm just amazed we've managed to keep a clean sheet vs Cardiff without Juan Mata destroying our defence.

Well I'm just amazed we've managed to keep a clean sheet vs Cardiff without Juan Mata destroying our defence.
No, no. Mata was subbed off because he was threat to our defense. Credit to Moyes for seeing that.

Back