The Manchester United Thread

If we signed a quality centre midfielder this window, I'd imagine you'd be saying how ****** you are we couldn't have brought a world class left back in but can spend money on two midfielders

Some people are never happy.

We've needed a CM for ages, years and years in fact. Now we're in a position where without signing one we might not make top 4. And you can kiss good bye any hopes of signing a top, top drawer CM without Champions League. Kroos.... forget it. Vidal... forget it. Marchisio... forget it.

SORRY IF I AM COMING OVER LIKE THAT TO YOU, BUT IF YOU THINK WE CAN COPE WITHOUT A GOOD CENTRAL MIDFIELD FOR THE NEXT MONTHS WITH THE RISK OF NO CL TO THE END OF THE SEASON AND THEN SIGN A TOP DRAWER CM (TALKING WORLD CLASS) THEN YOUR VERY MUCH MISTAKEN.

I'm not too bothered about a LB, despite Evra costing us loads of goals over the last 18 months or more, that probably can wait until the summer.....

We've needed a CM for ages, years and years in fact. Now we're in a position where without signing one we might not make top 4. And you can kiss good bye any hopes of signing a top, top drawer CM without Champions League. Kroos.... forget it. Vidal... forget it. Marchisio... forget it.

SORRY IF I AM COMING OVER LIKE THAT TO YOU, BUT IF YOU THINK WE CAN COPE WITHOUT A GOOD CENTRAL MIDFIELD FOR THE NEXT MONTHS WITH THE RISK OF NO CL TO THE END OF THE SEASON AND THEN SIGN A TOP DRAWER CM (TALKING WORLD CLASS) THEN YOUR VERY MUCH MISTAKEN.

I'm not too bothered about a LB, despite Evra costing us loads of goals over the last 18 months or more, that probably can wait until the summer.....

I'm not denying we need a centre midfielder but people cry out for us to make a world class signing and we do, those said people then say "oh not that one a different one" or "we need two not one". And as for not being able to sign a world class CM if we don't make top four, while it may be harder it won't be impossible, we are Manchester United! It's already been covered in this forum about Juventus etc. so i won;t go over it again.

CM signing now isn't crucial for you. At least that's my opinion.

Throw Carrick and Fletcher there once Carricks back and allow Rooney, Mata and Crock do their thing and you will most likely finish 4th.

I'm not denying we need a centre midfielder but people cry out for us to make a world class signing and we do, those said people then say "oh not that one a different one" or "we need two not one". And as for not being able to sign a world class CM if we don't make top four, while it may be harder it won't be impossible, we are Manchester United! It's already been covered in this forum about Juventus etc. so i won;t go over it again.

There will be other clubs in for world class central midfielders, CL is something that can tempt them. Without it, we will really struggle to get say for example Kroos because why would he choose us when we're not in Europe's elite competition, when someone like idk Arsenal are. Whoever else would be interested.

CM signing now isn't crucial for you. At least that's my opinion.

Throw Carrick and Fletcher there once Carricks back and allow Rooney, Mata and Crock do their thing and you will most likely finish 4th.

If one of them 2 get injured we're in deep trouble, Tom 'Sideways' Cleverley and Mop head are not exactly great back-up options. Unless you want to consider Giggs in to the mix as well lol!

You're annoying, go away.

On a football forum mate, why don't you... if you can't talk about United problems in here then where can you? Why don't you just accept that we need a CM and leave me to rant about it. Or are you blinded by the Mata signing, the luxury signing which we didn't really need to solve any of our weaknesses.

If we don't sign a CM this window I'll be ******.

So frustrating how we can splash out on Mata but not on another good CM. Cabaye was another one that got away, I would of paid ?20m for him any day of the week, great value for a quality player in this window.

PLEASE WOODY PULL SOMETHING OUT THE BAG, IT COULD GRANT OUR TOP 4 HOPES.

You don't get the chance to sign players of Mata quality every year. You just have to make a move when players like him are available. CM is very much needed but can wait till summer if that is good in long run

You don't get the chance to sign players of Mata quality every year. You just have to make a move when players like him are available. CM is very much needed but can wait till summer if that is good in long run

Mata's good player, but every game our problems lie in the same place and it's never addressed. If we don't get top 4 because of this you can honestly not come back crying to me... who will be saying... I told you so. Look at our options in central midfield? It's beyond scary...

Mata's good player, but every game our problems lie in the same place and it's never addressed. If we don't get top 4 because of this you can honestly not come back crying to me... who will be saying... I told you so. Look at our options in central midfield? It's beyond scary...

We've done this. Name a readily available CM. And dont say Cabaye, because the club would never pay him 170k a week. Because he isn't worth it. That's why they didnt bid last week.

Needing a CM and getting a CM, are two different things.

More to the point. The club are already doing the summer work. The whole point is that they can still draw who they want in the summer, regardless.

Last edited:
On a football forum mate, why don't you... if you can't talk about United problems in here then where can you? Why don't you just accept that we need a CM and leave me to rant about it. Or are you blinded by the Mata signing, the luxury signing which we didn't really need to solve any of our weaknesses.

Mata isn't a luxury signing. Jesus Christ. Do you even know what a luxury signing is, or are you throwing out random buzzwords?

If one of them 2 get injured we're in deep trouble, Tom 'Sideways' Cleverley and Mop head are not exactly great back-up options. Unless you want to consider Giggs in to the mix as well lol!

Not ideal, but that's just what you got and there aren't that many better ones available. And those ones along with your forward line should be enough to handle most of Prem clubs.

We've done this. Name a readily available CM. And dont say Cabaye, because the club would never pay him 170k a week. Because he isn't worth it. That's why they didnt bid last week.

Fernando stands out as the most doable in the last few days. But I'd take anyone at this point, even if it means spendiing O.T.T

Guarin on loan with Nani going the other way isn't a bad shout either. We need a short-term fix to ensure of top 4.

More to the point. The club are already doing the summer work. The whole point is that they can still draw who they want in the summer, regardless.

What are your thoughts on Clement Granier? Seems like a good young player with potential and he looks like he is available

What are your thoughts on Clement Granier? Seems like a good young player with potential and he looks like he is available

Nah mate.. we're United we only do Attacking midfielders, we're quitely confident Giggs is the next big thing anyway.

Fernando stands out as the most doable in the last few days. But I'd take anyone at this point, even if it means spendiing O.T.T

Guarin on loan with Nani going the other way isn't a bad shout either. We need a short-term fix to ensure of top 4.

Spending 140k or 170k a week on short term fixes, is mind blowingly ridiculous.

Guarin doesnt want a loan, he wants more freaking money.

Spending 140k or 170k a week on short term fixes, is mind blowingly ridiculous.

Guarin doesnt want a loan, he wants more freaking money.

GO FOR ****** BANEGA THEN. OH WAIT NO HEAVEN FORBID... HE WANTS INCREASED WAGES.... RUN AWAY NOW.

Mate that's way too harsh, change United with Chelsea and I can agree with you whole-heartedly

Apart from the mop-head who was a panic buy it really isn't... we never sign central midfielders in years and years.

Back