The Manchester United Thread

You just use excuses for ever single player I mention so what's the point. No wonder we don't ever sign one.

That's because I'm not using borderline retarded thinking like you. Which is why almost everyone (even non united fans)tends to shred you.

No one at the club was going to pay Cabaye 170k a week.

No one at the club is likely to pay Guarin 140k (though not ruled out) a week, maybe more like if they somehow move Nani in the process, and even then unlikely. That is why Guarin isn't at Chelsea, and they pay bigger wages than we do.

That would make them comfortably the THIRD highest paid players at the club. They are certainly not that valuable interms of wage, good players that they are.

If that kind of reasonable thinking upsets you. Tough.

On a football forum mate, why don't you... if you can't talk about United problems in here then where can you? Why don't you just accept that we need a CM and leave me to rant about it. Or are you blinded by the Mata signing, the luxury signing which we didn't really need to solve any of our weaknesses.

Errm... this is awkward... I posted in wrong thread. Even wrong forum....

Apart from the mop-head who was a panic buy it really isn't... we never sign central midfielders in years and years.

Well ... I think you are under-estimating what a good buy Mata was. Sunil makes a good point when he says that players of Mata's quality don't come around everyday. Not to mention he is the sort of player who can absolutely rejuvenate your season on and off the pitch. He is THAT good

I do agree with you that Mata doesn't negate a weakness per se. But to put it into contact, I would gladly allow Chelsea to sacrifice Matic if it meant we could get Lewandowski/Rooney in Januaey. One player negates a weakness in the squad. Another player is so good that he can cover up the weakness and lift the club on his own

That's because I'm not using borderline retarded thinking like you. Which is why almost everyone (even non united fans)tends to shred you.

No one at the club was going to pay Cabaye 170k a week.

No one at the club is likely to pay Guarin 140k (though not ruled out) a week, maybe more like if they somehow move Nani in the process, and even then unlikely. That is why Guarin isn't at Chelsea, and they pay bigger wages than we do.

If that kind of reasonable thinking upsets you. Tough.

Cabaye has been quality for Newcastle, proven in the Premier League and I think would be even better with quality players.

There is options out there... Remy Cabella.... Everton Ribeiro would of came if we offered the right price to buy him.

Cabaye has been quality for Newcastle, proven in the Premier League and I think would be even better with quality players.

There is options out there... Remy Cabella.... Everton Ribeiro would of came if we offered the right price to buy him.

No one doubts his ability. He still isn't worth paying 170k a week to. That's the bottom line.

Well ... I think you are under-estimating what a good buy Mata was. Sunil makes a good point when he says that players of Mata's quality don't come around everyday. Not to mention he is the sort of player who can absolutely rejuvenate your season on and off the pitch. He is THAT good

I do agree with you that Mata doesn't negate a weakness per se. But to put it into contact, I would gladly allow Chelsea to sacrifice Matic if it meant we could get Lewandowski/Rooney in Januaey. One player negates a weakness in the squad. Another player is so good that he can cover up the weakness and lift the club on his own

I'm not saying Mata isn't a good player, we all know he is. Whilst I understand the point you're trying to make I feel not signing a CM this window is very risky and at the end of the season it's too late to then go and say "Ohhh we'll just get one now". Not only are the options going to be more limited (if we miss out on top 4), but we also have loads of issues we have to address in the summer as well.

I'm not saying Mata isn't a good player, we all know he is. Whilst I understand the point you're trying to make I feel not signing a CM this window is very risky and at the end of the season it's too late to then go and say "Ohhh we'll just get one now". Not only are the options going to be more limited (if we miss out on top 4), but we also have loads of issues we have to address in the summer as well.

You ever though the club might have taken this into account? There is a reason why they are scouting now for the summer.

You ever though the club might have taken this into account? There is a reason why they are scouting now for the summer.

I know... but why are we still trying to convince ourselves in here that our main targets will want to join without CL. Then if they do it will only be because of more money... but then we're back to why we didn't want Cabaye in January.

Well it's not like United are exactly starved of cash so signing Mata will have absolutely no impact on their pursuit of a central midfielder. It's honestly better to wait till the summer and purchase a great player rather than pay ridiculous wages for an average one

Although you do have a point that missing out on CL might cost you in the pursuit of top players. Guys like Kroos and Gundogan will have quite a few major clubs chasing them in the summer and things like qualifying for the CL could prove to be a tangible advantage

What are your thoughts on Clement Granier? Seems like a good young player with potential and he looks like he is available

Eh, maybe. Good young player. That's all you can really say. Wouldnt mind having him, wouldn't be fussed if we didn't get him.

BTW Zzezzy, Grenier pretty much is an attacking mid. Can play central, but most of his games are at attacking mid.

I know... but why are we still trying to convince ourselves in here that our main targets will want to join without CL. Then if they do it will only be because of more money... but then we're back to why we didn't want Cabaye in January.

Because someone like Kroos would be more worth the 170k than Cabaye. And they can still win titles too. Let's not forget that.

Eh, maybe. Good young player. That's all you can really say. Wouldnt mind having him, wouldn't be fussed if we didn't get him.

BTW Zzezzy, Grenier pretty much is an attacking mid. Can play central, but most of his games are at attacking mid.

He wasn't one of my suggestions. They were Remy Cabella and Ribeiro.

Because someone like Kroos would be more worth the 170k than Cabaye. And they can still win titles too. Let's not forget that.

Kroos, if he does leave Bayern, will demand 200k+ I think.... the only reason he would be leaving is down to money, lets face it.

He wasn't one of my suggestions. They were Remy Cabella and Ribeiro.

Cabella, is less of a central mid than Grenier.

If you want young prodigies, then you want Kovacic. But we even then are not talking about players sure-firing you to top 4 and beyond.

Cabella, is less of a central mid than Grenier.

If you want young prodigies, then you want Kovacic. But we even then are not talking about players sure-firing you to top 4 and beyond.

Kovacic would be much better than using Giggs there, I would love him. But if Moyes likes him is another story and whether Nani is going in the other direction is probably a good bargaining tool.

Kroos, if he does leave Bayern, will demand 200k+ I think.... the only reason he would be leaving is down to money, lets face it.

He is only on 50k, and wants to double it. But even then Kroos at 200k a week is better value than Cabaye

He is only on 50k, and wants to double it. But even then Kroos at 200k a week is better value than Cabaye
I think he is on 90K euro and wants to double it, so that's around 75k pounds and 150k when its doubled. Still less than what Cabaye is poised to get in PSG.

Back