The Manchester United Thread

I think he is on 90K euro and wants to double it, so that's around 75k pounds and 150k when its doubled. Still less than what Cabaye is poised to get in PSG.

I'd still pay that.
Honestly? Upto 40-45m and 200k with someone like Kroos at the heart of our midfield. Won't happen though.

Would defo wait till the summer and sign someone like Vidal or Kroos than wasting money on Cabaye to be a expensive squad player in 6 months time. Anyway still couple of days left after today so will see what happens.

Cabella, is less of a central mid than Grenier.

If you want young prodigies, then you want Kovacic. But we even then are not talking about players sure-firing you to top 4 and beyond.

Kovacic isn't exactly a CM, either. He played more of an AMC role, and hasn't been as good when playing deep. Inter are trying to reconvert him to a regista of sorts and I don't think they'd be willing to part with his services, considering they're going through a rebuilding process of their own.

I'd still pay that.
Honestly? Upto 40-45m and 200k with someone like Kroos at the heart of our midfield. Won't happen though.

Wont he cost much cheaper than 40-45m considering he will be in the last year of his contract? 25m looks more likely imo

Kovacic isn't exactly a CM, either. He played more of an AMC role, and hasn't been as good when playing deep. Inter are trying to reconvert him to a regista of sorts and I don't think they'd be willing to part with his services, considering they're going through a rebuilding process of their own.

Oh I agree on all fronts, reason I say him because he reminds me of Modric and is the more talented of the trio. And yeah I can't see why Inter would let him go either.

Wont he cost much cheaper than 40-45m considering he will be in the last year of his contract? 25m looks more likely imo

Maybe. We'd have to see, it'd be a bidding war if it came down to it.

Seems United had been trying for Vidal now as opposed to the summer, but the Vucinic - Guarin - Inter - Juve farce killed that (hence Vidal saying he was staying), looking at Fernando. Been told no by Porto, but trying because his deal is up next summer

Seems United had been trying for Vidal now as opposed to the summer, but the Vucinic - Guarin - Inter - Juve farce killed that (hence Vidal saying he was staying), looking at Fernando. Been told no by Porto, but trying because his deal is up next summer

I think he signed extension earlier?

Toni Kroos was subbed on the hour mark, threw a strop chucked his gloves at the bench and did not shake team mates hands, then stormed off down the tunnel. Its on guys its on! :)

Perhaps you could post more of what's on your twitter feed, it sounds fascinating.

I don't have a twitter feed, I don't use twitter. It was shared on a football page on facebook. Didn't meant to offend anyone.

Fernando? not yet. Vidal yes, early in season. Makes him very costly (40m). doubt that would stop anyone bidding though.

Yea Fernando. Though he signed somewhere after Milan registered interest in him.

FFS, how are they planning on complying with the FFP then? Getting their Arab uncles to give them another shady sponsorship deal?

They are making it too easy for UEFA to ban them. Those shady deals too easy to spot and re-evaluate into fair market value.

FFS, how are they planning on complying with the FFP then? Getting their Arab uncles to give them another shady sponsorship deal?
God knows how they will fiddle it mate? City really goiong for the clean sweep this season by the looks of it.

God knows how they will fiddle it mate? City really goiong for the clean sweep this season by the looks of it.

They really don't need any more players ... Their squad is more or less perfect. Perhaps the only place where their is a slight weakness will be centre-back. It will really be some achievement if Arsenal or Chelsea beat them to the title tbh

Back