The Manchester United Thread

If we can get Mata, we can get a CM. The money is there to do something, can we not recall Nick Powell? I'd much rather see him than the above mentioned playing there. Bit of youth in the centre is never a bad thing.
That is really not how it works. This isn't Football Manager. Powell can't be recalled iirc. You write off Fellani, but you just want any old CM regardless of if they actually fit or solve anything. That's pointless.

Go name the mids we can get that are actually worth the trouble.

That was a joke.. as I don't have anyone else to suggest. I honestly think the Fernando to MCFC is surely BS though because why would they need another midfielder. Furthermore, why would they sign him now and not earlier in the month, not like they suddenly have a problem.

Because they want to offload certain spanish midfielder fit enough to play for a midtable side at best. :D

That is really not how it works. This isn't Football Manager. Powell can't be recalled iirc. You write off Fellani, but you just want any old CM regardless of if they actually fit or solve anything. That's pointless.

Go name the mids we can get that are actually worth the trouble.

FERNANDO, KOVACIC, HERRERA, BANEGA, GUARIN (ON LOAN), REMY CABELLA, GREMIER, MARCHISIO.

Would say Tiote... but I think that one is not doable with Cabaye gone.

FERNANDO, KOVACIC, HERRERA, BANEGA, GUARIN (ON LOAN), REMY CABELLA, GREMIER, MARCHISIO.

Would say Tiote... but I think that one is not doable with Cabaye gone.

In order: Trying (possibly failed): Bilbao dont want to do business any more (and is not playing well); possible but flaky and not sure he is the player we all once craved anymore; Inter only looking for sale (though not sure they can now because fans so angry) though maybe something can be done with Hernandez but unlikely, not a centre mid; not a centre mid; all but failed (as with Vidal) because Guarin did not go to Juve they wont countenance a sale. Tiote not good enough and is a walking yellow card magnet.

Also Ribeiro: he is playing as a right winger. He's pretty much one right now.

In order: Trying (possibly failed): Bilbao dont want to do business any more (and is not playing well); possible but flaky and not sure he is the player we all once craved anymore; Inter only looking for sale (though not sure they can now because fans so angry) though maybe something can be done with Hernandez but unlikely, not a centre mid; not a centre mid; all but failed (as with Vidal) because Guarin did not go to Juve they wont countenance a sale. Tiote not good enough and is a walking yellow card magnet.

Also Ribeiro: he is playing as a right winger. He's pretty much one right now.

He's one of the few people I've seen rival Toure in the middle of the field. (Tiote).

But anyway, throw Kagawa at Dortmund for Gundogan with maybe a little cash, before the window shuts. Lets take our chances with that. Pretty clear Kagawa is well down the pecking order now.

He's one of the few people I've seen rival Toure in the middle of the field. (Tiote).

But anyway, throw Kagawa at Dortmund for Gundogan with maybe a little cash, before the window shuts. Lets take our chances with that. Pretty clear Kagawa is well down the pecking order now.

One game, on the other hand he goes batshit and gives away cards. You need to think over a season. Good player, not sure if good enough over a season for us. Dunc will be livid I said that.

Dortmund wont readily sell Gundogan in Jan just because you throw money. They will wait to see if he re-signs (contract up in 2015). Though concerns about back have made them soften their stance on him. He might be too injury prone.

One game, on the other hand he goes batshit and gives away cards. You need to think over a season. Good player, not sure if good enough over a season for us. Dunc will be livid I said that.

Dortmund wont readily sell Gundogan in Jan just because you throw money. They will wait to see if he re-signs (contract up in 2015). Though concerns about back have made them soften their stance on him. He might be too injury prone.

I hate to say this but if we're waiting for the summer to get Vidal.. we'll be extremely disappointed. Unless we pay ludicrous money... ala ?50m?

Think Gundogan's decision is made. It's just a matter of time for it to come out.. like Lewandowski,

Gundogan wouldn't even pass a medical atm and may not be fit for weeks/months also has a really bad illness aswell atm.

I hate to say this but if we're waiting for the summer to get Vidal.. we'll be extremely disappointed. Unless we pay ludicrous money... ala ?50m?

Think Gundogan's decision is made. It's just a matter of time for it to come out.. like Lewandowski,

We don't really have a much of a choice but to wait (hence why we are looking at mutiple big players). We needed Guarin to go to Juve so they had good cover ( if Guarin didnt ask for so much money I'd say go on and buy him, though I dont like him much, but then he would be at Chelsea already). We would be paying a fortune anyway mate. I would be stunned if he went for under 40m, put it that way.

Gundogan wouldn't even pass a medical atm and may not be fit for weeks/months also has a really bad illness aswell atm.

I'm aware that I clutching at straws, but I just don't want to see a midfield which is non-existent due to current options for months and months more, can't take it any longer!

Play Kagawa in CM.... rather see him than Giggs.

That's a really good point. he would 100% fail a medical right now. And with his history of injuries we couldnt afford to do a light one, he'd need an extensive medical.

I'm aware that I clutching at straws, but I just don't want to see a midfield which is non-existent due to current options for months and months more, can't take it any longer!

Play Kagawa in CM.... rather see him than Giggs.

Can't always get what you want. January is a tough place. If we are being realistic, we did extremely well to come out of it with Mata. To get Vidal/Marchisio we needed other deals to go our way.

That's a really good point. he would 100% fail a medical right now. And with his history of injuries we couldnt afford to do a light one, he'd need an extensive medical.
Yep has had really bad calf injuries In the past aswell.

Can't always get what you want. January is a tough place. If we are being realistic, we did extremely well to come out of it with Mata.

I defo think it's worth a try playing Kagawa at CM, who knows how he would do there, can't do any worse than Cleverley, Fellaini (so far) or Giggs.

When you have someone like Fletcher by him you always have the kind of semi-cover.

I defo think it's worth a try playing Kagawa at CM, who knows how he would do there, can't do any worse than Cleverley, Fellaini (so far) or Giggs.

When you have someone like Fletcher by him you always have the kind of semi-cover.

It's not unthinkable. But much as we want a CM and I know you are going mad for one, you think about the calibre we want, and you realise its a tough call even in the summer. January its twice as hard.

Could work in a 3 with carrick and fletcher or fellaini and carrick

It's not unthinkable. But much as we want a CM and I know you are going mad for one, you think about the calibre we want, and you realise its a tough call even in the summer. January its twice as hard.

Yes I realise that... hmm. I liked how Mata was dropping deeper in to the midfield last game, at least passes were going forward.. even if we were supplying them from the man who should be further up the pitch.

Yes I realise that... hmm. I liked how Mata was dropping deeper in to the midfield last game, at least passes were going forward.. even if we were supplying them from the man who should be further up the pitch.

Nah let him conduct and create where he needs to be, made 4 chances.

Nah let him conduct and create where he needs to be, made 4 chances.

Shame of Rooney's big head to be honest, he could do a job in midfield for the remainder of the season and then you can have Mata further forward where he should be, without having to drop deep.

Yes I'm dreaming again.. sadly Rooney won't do that.. even if it is for the team.. it seems.

Shame of Rooney's big head to be honest, he could do a job in midfield for the remainder of the season and then you can have Mata further forward where he should be, without having to drop deep.

Yes I'm dreaming again.. sadly Rooney won't do that.. even if it is for the team.. it seems.

We don't need him to, at all. Mata "further forward" could be anywhere across our attacking midfield, he doesn't need to be where Rooney is.

Back