The Manchester United Thread

We don't need him to, at all. Mata "further forward" could be anywhere across our attacking midfield, he doesn't need to be where Rooney is.

I know that. But what I mean is if we have Mata and Rooney both in the attacking midfield type positions. Then you're back to the same old problem in the central midfield behind them. My idea would be to try and drop Rooney further back so we can actually still have the supply of possession going forward to our attacking players. Sadly our central midfielders can't do that it seems, so maybe Rooney in central midfield would be the best solution until the end of the season along-side a Carrick/Fletcher.

I know that. But what I mean is if we have Mata and Rooney both in the attacking midfield type positions. Then you're back to the same old problem in the central midfield behind them. My idea would be to try and drop Rooney further back so we can actually still have the supply of possession going forward to our attacking players. Sadly our central midfielders can't do that it seems, so maybe Rooney in central midfield would be the best solution until the end of the season along-side a Carrick/Fletcher.

Solution is actually keeping Carrick and Fletcher and getting Fellaini upto speed asap, and try to play two of those three as much as possible at any one time. That would provide the stable platform for the deadly trio + whoever is selected, to do the damage. That's why Fernando was looked at.

Rooney as CM? Would rather use Giggs, at least he doesn't give away stupid fouls and can perform as poor man's Carrick if paired with more combative midfielder like Fletcher. Rooney may have the skills and will to work hard but doesn't have the mindset to play so deep. Its basicallly FMish idea :P

He's one of the few people I've seen rival Toure in the middle of the field. (Tiote).

But anyway, throw Kagawa at Dortmund for Gundogan with maybe a little cash, before the window shuts. Lets take our chances with that. Pretty clear Kagawa is well down the pecking order now.

We have the player who rivaled Toure in the midfield and won the physical battle, apparently you are not happy with that signing.

We should have hired Big Sam as our manager, at least his press conferences are so worthy :D

Well, Manager is stretching a bit so maybe in some PR dept.

Last edited:
Rooney as CM? Would rather use Giggs, at least he doesn't give away stupid fouls and can perform as poor man's Carrick if paired with more combative midfielder like Fletcher. Rooney may have the skills and will to work hard but doesn't have the mindset to play so deep. Its basicallly FMish idea :P

Rooney also has legs. We don't want a poor man's Carrick, since, oddly enough, we have Carrick. In many ways he has a lot of the attributes we need in CM in abundance, and it'd free up options up front for us. I wouldn't play him there against City, but for most games he'd be more than an improvement on what we have.

We have the player who rivaled Toure in the midfield and won the physical battle, apparently you are not happy with that signing.

Is anyone? He's been utter ***** whenever he has played thus far. Looks like a lost mop in the middle of the pitch. His positional sense seemed really bad as well, got caught out many times.

Is anyone? He's been utter ***** whenever he has played thus far. Looks like a lost mop in the middle of the pitch. His positional sense seemed really bad as well, got caught out many times.

Because he was playing with a back injury and for all we know Tiote might struggle to adapt to ManUtd.

Fellaini was very good CM and (not aimed at you) it's pathetic how many have written him off. Just give him time and he will solve lot of our problems. He needs a mobile CM next to him and IMO we shouldn't rely on Carrick much as we need a better, mobile and younger CM.

Rooney also has legs. We don't want a poor man's Carrick, since, oddly enough, we have Carrick. In many ways he has a lot of the attributes we need in CM in abundance, and it'd free up options up front for us. I wouldn't play him there against City, but for most games he'd be more than an improvement on what we have.

Legs are overrated. Still need brain to control them.

Legs are overrated. Still need brain to control them.

Not sure about off the field (many players say Rooney is very bright and RVP is bit dull) but on the field Rooney's intelligence was never questioned.

Because he was playing with a back injury and for all we know Tiote might struggle to adapt to ManUtd.

Fellaini was very good CM and (not aimed at you) it's pathetic how many have written him off. Just give him time and he will solve lot of our problems. He needs a mobile CM next to him and IMO we shouldn't rely on Carrick much as we need a better, mobile and younger CM.

No I see your point, but I'm not after a midfielder just to replace Fellaini, I'm prepared to give him more time.

The reason I want a midfielder... is so that we never have to use Giggs or Cleverley there again this season.

Manchester United@ManUtd50m
Exclusive: Here's the first photo of @JuanMata8 training with his new #mufc team-mates at the Aon Training Complex.
BfOf3qlIYAAzmj6.jpg

Juan Mata.. Still can't believe we signed him..

No I see your point, but I'm not after a midfielder just to replace Fellaini, I'm prepared to give him more time.

The reason I want a midfielder... is so that we never have to use Giggs or Cleverley there again this season.

Yeah, I sort of agree about not wanting to see Giggs playing as CM in the important games. We should sign CM but like I said we can't expect midfielders to be available in Jan, I mean our top targets. We don't want to sign more average players just because we are desperate and end up with quantity rather than quality.

Looks like we are done with our transfers this window. Eddy was at the training ground.

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

Would have loved to see CM but it can wait till summer if Fellaini is back to his full fitness and Fletcher can play to a decent level.

Oh before some idiot from Chelsea thread asks the point of this image.. There is no point.. Just an image with no point.

Oh before some idiot from Chelsea thread asks the point of this image.. There is no point.. Just an image with no point.
There's is a point. You can see Mata's forehead on that picture. It's amazing.

Back