The Manchester United Thread

Do you think Gundogan's back problems means he is no longer a viable option? Last thing I want is another Hargreaves situation!

If I was Moyes I would watch him very carefully for the rest of season, and keep an eye on his injuries. They concern Dortmund enough that CEO Watzke is now more open to a sale than 3-4 months ago.

Last edited:
Lol ffs cant believe I have watched all deadline day from 6 this morning till 11 tonight, mission complete reconvene in the summer

He had done so ages ago. zzezzy always wonders why im usually pretty confident about what i say re united (and others) Thanks to my job, it's amazing what you hear off camera, and from reporters etc.

What's your job mate?

Btw, just can't wait to see Rooney. RVP, Mata and Januzaj starting against Stoke but I guess Januzaj won't start and it will be either Young or Valencia.

Fellaini is back on at least bench and Carrick might be involved..

So Fulham have signed Cole and Tunnicliffe on a permanent deal. Now that completes the task. Tunnicliffe, Morrison and Pogba were awesome trio in our youth cup victory and none are in the club. Still we have Will keane.

Also finally Thorpe got the loan move. He was due one from last year or so. Also good to see Keane bros out on loan.

We had around 29 players from our academy playing in the league now with Cole and Tunnicliffe it will increase even more. Our academy is doing fantastic job.

So Fulham have signed Cole and Tunnicliffe on a permanent deal. Now that completes the task. Tunnicliffe, Morrison and Pogba were awesome trio in our youth cup victory and none are in the club. Still we have Will keane.

Also finally Thorpe got the loan move. He was due one from last year or so. Also good to see Keane bros out on loan.

We had around 29 players from our academy playing in the league now with Cole and Tunnicliffe it will increase even more. Our academy is doing fantastic job.
Agree mate. Don't thin tunnicliffe really had any chance of making it with us has not really pushed on, and has been very poor on loan at Ipswich. My mate said he was watching MUTV and Moyes says he wants to rebuild the youth/reserve system to start getting better quality at both levels inc better youth scouting/management also using better use of loaning the more talented players out instead of keeping them in the reserves year after year. Tbh I don't think we have made the best of our youth set up, I watch nearly all games and it just seems a bit unorganized to me.

Yes; for other teams!

United's academy has a track record of producing stars for the senior squad, so I'm a little confused as to why all these promising youngsters are being let go. Morrison and Pogba were understandable, mind.

Yes; for other teams!

United's academy has a track record of producing stars for the senior squad, so I'm a little confused as to why all these promising youngsters are being let go. Morrison and Pogba were understandable, mind.

Those players are not good enough for ManUtd but good enough for a career at top level football. SAF always said ManUtd always takes interest in getting young players good clubs and career. It's like club feels responsible in getting them good careers. IMO ManUtd are not doing badly in that aspect.

We had special talents in Pogba, Rossi and Morrison but for whatever reasons they are not at ManUtd anymore.

Those players are not good enough for ManUtd but good enough for a career at top level football. SAF always said ManUtd always takes interest in getting young players good clubs and career. It's like club feels responsible in getting them good careers. IMO ManUtd are not doing badly in that aspect.

We had special talents in Pogba, Rossi and Morrison but for whatever reasons they are not at ManUtd anymore.

Add Pique to those three, too.

Don't think we can really count Rossi or Pique they were bought in for quite decent fees and were about 20 at the time unlike Pogba who cost peanuts and was 17 and Morrison came through the academy.

Don't think we can really count Rossi or Pique they were bought in for quite decent fees and were about 20 at the time unlike Pogba who cost peanuts and was 17 and Morrison came through the academy.

IDK about Rossi, but Piqu? joined United at age 17 for free because he wasn't signed to a professional contract.

Seeing Cleverley in a United shirt again in the first team kills me, the fact that I might have to put up with him for at least another 5 months makes it even worse.

Back