The Manchester United Thread

If we lose this and Liverpool win tomorrow... 9 pts just for 4th looks a terribly long way.

I knew Mata wouldn't solve any problems, he's a great player but our weaknesses are behind him and this is what will probably cost us dearly come the end of the season.

Not a bad finish that [video]https://vine.co/v/MzHJxEwXUWA[/video]

Haha, just when we thought we had leveled the game Stoke scores again. If we win this game it means that our players have mental toughness of steel.

Mata in the hole is better than Rooney, plays some sublime passes and his vision is unreal.

Rooney should be on the flank rather than Mata in the future (I know Rooney is playing in more of a midfield right now, but at the start how we lined up I mean).. Mata is better as no.10. He keeps coming inside anyway and creating stuff.

Mata in the hole is better than Rooney, plays some sublime passes and his vision is unreal.

Rooney should be on the flank rather than Mata in the future (I know Rooney is playing in more of a midfield right now, but at the start how we lined up I mean).. Mata is better as no.10. He keeps coming inside anyway and creating stuff.

They are fine where they are. Rooney naturally drifts left from the centre, which allows Mata to come inside. Something he has done the majority of his career. They will combine well as a result. And it's not necessarily true that Mata plays best in the centre.

Shame, couldn't capitalize on other teams dropping points.

Not sure what everyone is moaning about, Mata didn't play on flank at all, he was playing centrally with no one as LW.

Shame, couldn't capitalize on other teams dropping points.

Not sure what everyone is moaning about, Mata didn't play on flank at all, he was playing centrally with no one as LW.

I sincerely mean no offence but what's there to exactly capitalize on? Unless the team you were referring to was Newcastle ...

It still looks more of a case of square pegs in round holes. Like I said.. the Mata signing didn't address any of our weaknesses. We can keep making excuses for Moyes but the fact is it's been a totally unacceptable season. Therefore it was a poor January no matter what anyone says.

Just because you sign Mata doesn't make the defence or midfield any better. Same principle. It's the area where we had most quality.

Shocking, only put them under pressure last 15mins. Clueless subs by Moyes after Jones was injured. Evra a liability once again, Cleverley should be condemned to the bench **** miss near the end did not even hit target. Carrick doing a Nasri for the 1st goal.

I sincerely mean no offence but what's there to exactly capitalize on? Unless the team you were referring to was Newcastle ...

Ofcourse, they are our rivals.

Btw, your post in Chelsea thread about Mata is cringe worthy. And sincerely I meant no offense.

Ofcourse, they are our rivals.

Btw, your post in Chelsea thread about Mata is cringe worthy. And sincerely I meant no offense.

Well I did state that I was not watching the game and was writing the post based on what I read from a fan site so ... Why did Mata not give up in his chase to regain the ball? Or did Stoke's attacks come mostly though another area?

Well I did state that I was not watching the game and was writing the post based on what I read from a fan site so ... Why did Mata not give up in his chase to regain the ball? Or did Stoke's attacks come mostly though another area?

First thing, there is nothing called as Mata's side. Mata played centrally whole game and drifted to wings on occasions. It was like we played without RW initially with Rooney RVP at top and Mata behind them.

Just because he gave up one time doesn't mean anything, he isn't the first time in the history of the game that happened. Like I said Cringe worthy stuff from whoever made that observation. The level people will stoop to to justify Jose's decisions in laughable.

Here is your stat, Mata won more tackles than any player on the pitch including Stoke players. He won 5 tackles out of 7 attempted.

Back