The Manchester United Thread

Shame, couldn't capitalize on other teams dropping points.

Not sure what everyone is moaning about, Mata didn't play on flank at all, he was playing centrally with no one as LW.

You're half right. He played just right of centre instead of wide right, meaning no right winger at all. It helps explain why Stoke attacked down that side so frequently, but he made more tackles than anyone else on the pitch, so it's good and bad news I guess.

It still looks more of a case of square pegs in round holes. Like I said.. the Mata signing didn't address any of our weaknesses. We can keep making excuses for Moyes but the fact is it's been a totally unacceptable season. Therefore it was a poor January no matter what anyone says.

Just because you sign Mata doesn't make the defence or midfield any better. Same principle. It's the area where we had most quality.

Except he has already shown himself to be a key player who can help us greatly in the long-term. And that was irrespective of Rooney's situation. Someone like Mata - as has been mentioned a fair few number of times - doesn't come around that often. We took up the opportunity and most are glad for it.

I don't understand how you can truly expect for big teams to address their weaknesses in a transfer window that cuts across the middle of the season. It wasn't a poor January, we've done extremely well to acquire a player of his quality. Again, there's the summer for strongly investing in the squad where we truly need it, because clubs are prepared to make those changes. The season has ended by that time. Not when they have bigger priorities to attend to.

If you really thought that we could get some of the players that were rumoured to get in the window at a reasonable price and fits exactly our requirements, then you're sorely misguided.

You're half right. He played just right of centre instead of wide right, meaning no right winger at all. It helps explain why Stoke attacked down that side so frequently, but he made more tackles than anyone else on the pitch, so it's good and bad news I guess.

Or maybe that's how Moyes set up the team like Fergie did with playing Giggs as LW but end up with no LW instead he played centrally all the time. This time it's with Mata. It looked like Moyes set up than Mata being out of position.

First thing, there is nothing called as Mata's side. Mata played centrally whole game and drifted to wings on occasions. It was like we played without RW initially with Rooney RVP at top and Mata behind them.

Just because he gave up one time doesn't mean anything, he isn't the first time in the history of the game that happened. Like I said Cringe worthy stuff from whoever made that observation. The level people will stoop to to justify Jose's decisions in laughable.

Here is your stat, Mata won more tackles than any player on the pitch including Stoke players. He won 5 tackles out of 7 attempted.

I don't think anyone was actually attempting to justify Jose's decision, not even the original poster and definitely not me ... It was just a couple of observations and the said poster also posted that 'tackles' stat later on

Oh and it's pretty stupid if we have to sit here and try justify Jose's decision to sell him because that was totally fine ... The decision to sell him to united is the one that has us all scratching our heads

Except he has already shown himself to be a key player who can help us greatly in the long-term. And that was irrespective of Rooney's situation. Someone like Mata - as has been mentioned a fair few number of times - doesn't come around that often. We took up the opportunity and most are glad for it.

I don't understand how you can truly expect for big teams to address their weaknesses in a transfer window that cuts across the middle of the season. It wasn't a poor January, we've done extremely well to acquire a player of his quality. Again, there's the summer for strongly investing in the squad.

If you really thought that we could get some of the players that were rumoured to get in the window at a reasonable price and fits exactly our requirements, then you're sorely misguided.

Fight for the players that you would of had a good chance at getting. I don't consider Vidal/Koke and whoever else we were linked with in January releastic targets for summer let alone January at this rate.

Moyes doesn't help himself in anyway.... if this is another good performance and "we played well" again.. comments he is making. Then I am sorry... something is really wrong, it was average at best.

More concerned with why Fletcher didn't play to be honest. Also whoever complained about not having more centre backs.

THEY ARE ALL INJURED/SUSPENDED. We only had 3 centrebacks left because rio is crocked and vidic is banned. you don't usually have such bad luck and lose two more in one game.

Or maybe that's how Moyes set up the team like Fergie did with playing Giggs as LW but end up with no LW instead he played centrally all the time. This time it's with Mata. It looked like Moyes set up than Mata being out of position.

Yeah that's kinda what I suggested. Not sure whether it was cause or effect but that's how it ended up. Neither of Stoke's goals came from that wing anyway, so it's pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. United have bigger problems than that.

Fight for the players that you would of had a good chance at getting. I don't consider Vidal/Koke and whoever else we were linked with in January releastic targets for summer let alone January at this rate.

Moyes doesn't help himself in anyway.... if this is another good performance and "we played well" again.. comments he is making. Then I am sorry... something is really wrong, it was average at best.

Which players? its like you forget we've just covered this like a week ago. You named like 8 players, and the only semi plausible one was banega and he isn't the player we dream about.

Was not a pretty game, although losing both CBs and own goal can break down the best plans.

Was not a pretty game, although losing both CBs and own goal can break down the best plans.

And a wonder goal.

Hitting post, Welbeck's horrible first touch to **** up all chances, Cleverley's poor finishing, losing your main CM to defense and your main attacker to CM ***** up everything.

Which players? its like you forget we've just covered this like a week ago. You named like 8 players, and the only semi plausible one was banega and he isn't the player we dream about.

The fact that Banega went to Newell's speaks volumes about his current quality.

And a wonder goal.

Hitting post, Welbeck's horrible first touch to **** up all chances, Cleverley's poor finishing, losing your main CM to defense and your main attacker to CM ***** up everything.

Yes and Cleverley is starting in the first place because our **** options at CM which still weren't addressed. I would of took a cabaye at ?20m over him any ******* day of the week.

Anyway... Zaha 2 assists... 1 game... anyone want to defend that part of Moyes genius? I'm sick of his comments and his stupid decisions. His rotation doesn't make sense a lot of the time and isn't a standard on Fergie's.

Yes and Cleverley is starting in the first place because our **** options at CM which still weren't addressed. I would of took a cabaye at ?20m over him any ******* day of the week.

Anyway... Zaha 2 assists... 1 game... anyone want to defend that part of Moyes genius? I'm sick of his comments and his stupid decisions. His rotation doesn't make sense a lot of the time and isn't a standard on Fergie's.

Cabaye at 25m is just crazy ... I am sorry. I mean you would have to be really desperate to make that deal

Yeah well Zaha ... Can't judge anything on one game but if he keeps up that kind of form, their will certainly be a lot of questions asked

More concerned with why Fletcher didn't play to be honest. Also whoever complained about not having more centre backs.

THEY ARE ALL INJURED/SUSPENDED. We only had 3 centrebacks left because rio is crocked and vidic is banned. you don't usually have such bad luck and lose two more in one game.

Big mistake by Moyes IMO. Fletcher should have been on for Jones as Rooney was our best attacker and we nullified him completely ourselves.

Manchester United are never going to pay Cabaye 170k, regardless of manager. Zaha is capable of brilliance, and inconsistency. One game does not make Moyes wrong to land him out. I actually regret he didn go out straight away because his decision making needs the kind of improvement only regular game time and an atmosphere where mistakes are more tolerated can give.

Cabaye at 25m is just crazy ... I am sorry. I mean you would have to be really desperate to make that deal

Yeah well Zaha ... Can't judge anything on one game but if he keeps up that kind of form, their will certainly be a lot of questions asked

No offence but... our midfield is in a dire situation... we have to put up of another 5 months with Cleverley and ****** Jones probably playing there. That doesn't even include Giggs....

But we played well looooooooooooooooooooooool . Whats he thinking, we played well for 10 mins at the end when useless Young should of scored and Cleverly had an even better chance. Top 4 is n chance now imo, we wont beat any of the teams above us. Don't really want us in the Europa league either!

Like I've said, when we lost 2 players (of the same position) in the first half to injuries and conceded a fluke goal, it was always going to be an uphill task. An almost immediate equalizer, and a wonder goal at that, from a half decent player that had his new found confidence due to scoring a fluke goal is a huge morale killer as well.

Big mistake by Moyes IMO. Fletcher should have been on for Jones as Rooney was our best attacker and we nullified him completely ourselves.

Yep bad mistake. should have started. For me 2 of Carrick, Fletcher, Fellaini start every game.

Back