The Manchester United Thread

Manchester United are never going to pay Cabaye 170k, regardless of manager. Zaha is capable of brilliance, and inconsistency. One game does not make Moyes wrong to land him out. I actually regret he didn go out straight away because his decision making needs the kind of improvement only regular game time and an atmosphere where mistakes are more tolerated can give.

PSG payed 25m to sign Cabaye and are paying him 170k p/w ... Wtf?!

I am the biggest Zaha advocate you will find outside of his own family.

But one good game does not a United calibre starter make.

I am the biggest Zaha advocate you will find outside of his own family.

But one good game does not a United calibre starter make.

You make it sound like Moyes gave him a chance. He did well in pre-season and then I can't remember him getting a solid chance. Moyes says he has given everyone a fair chance... I don't think that's the case with Zaha at all.

PSG payed 25m to sign Cabaye and are paying him 170k p/w ... Wtf?!

yep. I am a huge fan of him. Ask GC how much I have bored him to death over it. But anyone who thinks we would EVER have matched that under any manager is crazy.

yep. I am a huge fan of him. Ask GC how much I have bored him to death over it. But anyone who thinks we would EVER have matched that under any manager is crazy.

Mike.. our midfield is in a dire situation... we are likely to miss out of the CL because of it... and our defensive problems. Please stop trying to argue with me that we couldn't of made one signing in January... he had from last summer to address just ONE.... it could of been a young player or an older more experienced, we didn't do anything about it at all.

Why in the world are PSG throwing so much money at him? Ridiculous

Mike.. our midfield is in a dire situation... we are likely to miss out of the CL because of it... and our defensive problems. Please stop trying to argue with me that we couldn't of made one signing in January... he had from last summer to address just ONE.... it could of been a young player or an older more experienced, we didn't do anything about it at all.

We did. Guarin wanted 140k. We stopped talking. Cabaye wanted 170 we didn't consider. Again what young player, what experienced player. You keep saying it, name a signing. You cant sign when there is no target. You wanting to make a random panic signing =/= a club failure.

Why in the world are PSG throwing so much money at him? Ridiculous

Friend translated an off air interview for me. Blanc is a MASSIVE fan. Once he knew he was unsettled, he made him a priority. They basically would have blasted out anyone who competed for him.

We did. Guarin wanted 140k. We stopped talking. Cabaye wanted 170 we didn't consider. Again what young player, what experienced player. You keep saying it, name a signing. You cant sign when there is no target. You wanting to make a random panic signing =/= a club failure.

We couldn't make 1 CM signing from when he joined (near enough whole of summer window) and the January window?? What gives us hope for next summer when it's going to be even harder with a world cup and probably no CL? I cba to go through all the name thing because it's pointless... we spent 1 month or more wasting time over Fabregas.

Yes I know about Fellaini ffs...

You make it sound like Moyes gave him a chance. He did well in pre-season and then I can't remember him getting a solid chance. Moyes says he has given everyone a fair chance... I don't think that's the case with Zaha at all.

Not at all. All I said was saying "WELL DIDN'T YOU SEE HOW HE PLAYED TODAY MOYES IS ****" is nonsensical.

I'd advise against you starting a debate with me on Wilf Zaha, seriously. Particularly when I'm theoretically on your side in this whole thing. The fact that I'm not pushing Zaha here speaks volumes of the precarious argument you make.

A'ight. Name some for me to shoot down please.

We couldn't make 1 CM signing from when he joined (near enough whole of summer window) and the January window?? What gives us hope for next summer when it's going to be even harder with a world cup and probably no CL? I cba to go through all the name thing because it's pointless... we spent 1 month or more wasting time over Fabregas.

Yes I know about Fellaini ffs...

Hahahaha. No, you can't just say "United should make a CM signing!" then when people respond "name one", say you 'can't be arsed'. That just destroys your entire argument in one fell swoop. Nobody will take you seriously if you can't provide some alternatives.

Doing a Wenger and signing an injured Gundogan for ?40m would have solved EVERYTHING.

Not at all. All I said was saying "WELL DIDN'T YOU SEE HOW HE PLAYED TODAY MOYES IS ****" is nonsensical.

I'd advise against you starting a debate with me on Wilf Zaha, seriously. Particularly when I'm theoretically on your side in this whole thing. The fact that I'm not pushing Zaha here speaks volumes of the precarious argument you make.

A'ight. Name some for me to shoot down please.

It doesn't have to be a world-class player... even if it's a young hot shot.... Kovacic? Not like Inter are in a great position right now. We were very interested in Herrera last summer and were willing to meet the release clause, or at least I expect we were because we clearly knew Bilbao didn't do business anything else other than release.

Suddenly he's off the radar, it's total mystifying to me. Were we really that shallow with our targets that suddenly we don't want them now?

Doing a Wenger and signing an injured Gundogan for ?40m would have solved EVERYTHING.

Don't be silly, he's far too unrealistic. Sergio Busquets would be an amazing signing though!

Hahahaha. No, you can't just say "United should make a CM signing!" then when people respond "name one", say you 'can't be arsed'. That just destroys your entire argument in one fell swoop. Nobody will take you seriously if you can't provide some alternatives.

I've been arguing with names the last month with Mike... have you not been seeing this?

It doesn't have to be a world-class player... even if it's a young hot shot.... Kovacic? Not like Inter are in a great position right now. We were very interested in Herrera last summer and were willing to meet the release clause, or at least I expect we were because we clearly knew Bilbao didn't do business anything else other than release.

Suddenly he's off the radar, it's total mystifying to me. Were we really that shallow with our targets that suddenly we don't want them now?

Covered them both. Bilbao no longer want to sell at al (and he is playing so badly) Inter will not sell the one genuine future top player they have for a pittance. They covet him like gold dust.

Fight for the players that you would of had a good chance at getting. I don't consider Vidal/Koke and whoever else we were linked with in January releastic targets for summer let alone January at this rate.

Moyes doesn't help himself in anyway.... if this is another good performance and "we played well" again.. comments he is making. Then I am sorry... something is really wrong, it was average at best.

Hardly any of them were within a 'good chance' of acquiring. Most of them flittered away as the window progressed to the deadline.

It doesn't have to be a world-class player... even if it's a young hot shot.... Kovacic? Not like Inter are in a great position right now. We were very interested in Herrera last summer and were willing to meet the release clause, or at least I expect we were because we clearly knew Bilbao didn't do business unless it was lower.

Actually, we weren't willing to meet it. It was so mystifying because we thought we could get them to negotiate. Now, with our new found philosophy of paying over the odds to acquire the players we need we could go for it, but since he's been off form all season, he's not the player to break the bank for.

Hasn't Herrera been **** this season? Maybe that made Moyes think twice about him ...

Back