The Manchester United Thread

Zzeezy in a nutshell ...

It is not that United DONT WANT to buy a midfielder in January but it is because they CANNOT DO IT FEASIBLY because-

1) There are very few United-calibre players available

2) The ones that are available are ridiculously overpriced (Cabaye, Herrera)

So it makes much more sense to wait till the summer where their will be more options available and you won't have to pay ridiculously over the odds either

And there in lies your problem, its an average short term fix with big long term consequences, because you are now stuck with Guarin on 140k a week for 5 years

He did specify a loan, to be fair.

On the other hand, he didn't take into account whether Inter want to loan him out at all.

He did specify a loan, to be fair.

On the other hand, he didn't take into account whether Inter want to loan him out at all.

I pointed this out before too. Guarin wanted an extension+raise or to be sold( this was a bluff it seems). Inter put him up for sale instead. That went horribly wrong. Inter now have an unhappy Guarin. So oddly he might get the player he covets in ther summer because he is that unhappy.

I pointed this out before too. Guarin wanted an extension+raise or to be sold( this was a bluff it seems). Inter put him up for sale instead. That went horribly wrong. Inter now have an unhappy Guarin. So oddly he might get the player he covets in ther summer because he is that unhappy.

I still stick by my original opinion that Guarin for about 60k would be excellent business for a top team in England.

I still stick by my original opinion that Guarin for about 60k would be excellent business for a top team in England.

That could actually happen, he is furious, so if he is not won over by the board...

Only until Mourinho or Pellegrini swoop in on a broomstick offering 120k to steal your transfer.

David Moyes said: "I don't know what we have to do to win."

....Well that explains alot mate!

Let me help... Young instead of Januzaj?? ... Welbeck on instead of Fletcher when we lost a midfielder... starting the game with a Smalling on the right when Rafael was fit... beasting ur players so hard in mid week training that they have nothing left to give / get injured during the games.

As a season ticket holder I am feeling the cost of some of these decisions a bit more literally than most!

---------------------------------------------

From a United fan on facebook.... exactly what I'm thinking to be honest.

He's a United season ticket holder, of course he knows more about training than all the United coaches!

He's a United season ticket holder, of course he knows more about training than all the United coaches!

Meh ignore the last sentence, he's changed everything training wise at the club though and it certainly hasn't helped. From staff to method... something isn't working.

Well that the champions league for next season gone. In 8 months moyes has turned united into a Europa league Thursday night team and is setting lots of unwanted records against teams who have never won against united. Why can't the board see that this clown is not good enough for united. You can't go from 1st to 7th, knocked out of both cups without someone high up at united questioning whether he's good enough.

Probably scared to argue over Fergie's choice. It's not like we played well against Cardiff either, ok we got the result but they were dictating for good parts of the game.

It's not good enough, I don't like it and it hurts like ****.

David Moyes said: "I don't know what we have to do to win."

....Well that explains alot mate!

Let me help... Young instead of Januzaj?? ... Welbeck on instead of Fletcher when we lost a midfielder... starting the game with a Smalling on the right when Rafael was fit... beasting ur players so hard in mid week training that they have nothing left to give / get injured during the games.

As a season ticket holder I am feeling the cost of some of these decisions a bit more literally than most!

---------------------------------------------

From a United fan on facebook.... exactly what I'm thinking to be honest.

Hooker with a *****.

I wish moyes would just admit he's not good enough and resign because no one at united are going to sack him because united don't sack managers. Well we might need to with ****** moyes in charge.

No. Just no. As an Everton fan, I'm a massive admirer of Moyes, and I get sick of hearing how he should resign or whatever. It's quite frankly-bollocks. There's still 42 points up for grabs right now, so Europe is by no means still very much in the equation right now. It's the squad that needs an overhaul and that's what's going to be happening in the summer-he said that himself.

When Fergie left, it left an enormous vacuum-he is simply irreplacable. And any manager is going to have to deal with such an incredible amount of pressure of expectation. Everyone knows that. He was the most successful manager in English football hands down. It's dam hard to replace that feat. The board won't sack him because they know it's a stupid thing to do. I hear some Utd fans banging on, saying how they shouldn't be in the position they are now. It happens. They've had so many successful seasons, and they've hit a blip in this one. Deal with it. No club is exempt from it. It's football and it happens. It's painful but there you go.

No. Just no. As an Everton fan, I'm a massive admirer of Moyes, and I get sick of hearing how he should resign or whatever. It's quite frankly-bollocks. There's still 42 points up for grabs right now, so Europe is by no means still very much in the equation right now. It's the squad that needs an overhaul and that's what's going to be happening in the summer-he said that himself.

When Fergie left, it left an enormous vacuum-he is simply irreplacable. And any manager is going to have to deal with such an incredible amount of pressure of expectation. Everyone knows that. He was the most successful manager in English football hands down. It's dam hard to replace that feat. The board won't sack him because they know it's a stupid thing to do. I hear some Utd fans banging on, saying how they shouldn't be in the position they are now. It happens. They've had so many successful seasons, and they've hit a blip in this one. Deal with it. No club is exempt from it. It's football and it happens. It's painful but there you go.

Whilst I respect your points, Moyes makes the same mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. If he was giving some kind of hope for us fans to cling on to... then we would.

In the main United fans have backed Moyes really well... but it's only going to go so far. Like I said, he keeps making mistakes, his rotation and subs are poor. The comments he keeps making after games is ridiculous like today.... "I thought we played well" and the "Performance was very good". Whos's he kidding? He keeps doing this.

Whilst I respect your points, Moyes makes the same mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. If he was giving some kind of hope for us fans to cling on to... then we would.

In the main United fans have backed Moyes really well... but it's only going to go so far. Like I said, he keeps making mistakes, his rotation and subs are poor. The comments he keeps making after games is ridiculous like today.... "I thought we played well" and the "Performance was very good". Whos's he kidding? He keeps doing this.

Tbf he's not the only who's done it. I've seen Wenger interviews that have left me scratching my head at times when Arsenal had a few dodgy matches

Back