The Manchester United Thread

Tbf he's not the only who's done it. I've seen Wenger interviews that have left me scratching my head at times when Arsenal had a few dodgy matches

I've just tipped the iceberg there. The tactics are disjointed a lot of the time, players don't look motivated and inspired to play. That's the most worrying part.

It's not like the performances are getting better, or anything, I literally can't find a positive right now.

If managers like Moyes endure such vitriol for a lot of the opening half of their reign - up to a year - when they make the big step-up, how are they going to really prove their ability at the highest level?

If managers like Moyes endure such vitriol for a lot of the opening half of their reign - up to a year - when they make the big step-up, how are they going to really prove their ability at the highest level?

He's making the same mistakes, game after game. From rotation to substitutions to performances on the pitch. When any of this starts to improve then I may take this seriously.

Oh and his media handling.

i say this with as much respect as I can. Moyes was good for Everton but united are on another level. He is not now or never will be good enough for a club of our size. A club like Everton is about his level. You don't in any business replace a man whose won everything with a man who's won nothing

That's one of the most absent-mided posts I've seen on here in a while. Whilst you have your opinion, I respectfully disagree.

He's making the same mistakes, game after game. From rotation to substitutions to performances on the pitch. When any of this starts to improve then I may take this seriously.

Oh and his media handling.

Like he's the only manager to do it? That's why he requires time to learn from them.

Like he's the only manager to do it? That's why he requires time to learn from them.

You make it sound like this is hard stuff.... media handling? selecting the right players? Not like he's even coming to players he knows totally nothing about... he's been in charge of Everton for how long?

Whilst I respect your points, Moyes makes the same mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. If he was giving some kind of hope for us fans to cling on to... then we would.

In the main United fans have backed Moyes really well... but it's only going to go so far. Like I said, he keeps making mistakes, his rotation and subs are poor. The comments he keeps making after games is ridiculous like today.... "I thought we played well" and the "Performance was very good". Whos's he kidding? He keeps doing this.

Have they ****. The match going ones have, but there's still a significant number in the Moyes out brigade who were on one since he lost his first game. This thread has been full of them for months, and I'd say this forum generally has more sensible people than the norm.

You make it sound like this is hard stuff.... media handling? selecting the right players? Not like he's even coming to players he knows totally nothing about... he's been in charge of Everton for how long?

So on one hand people say that this squad won the title last year and Moyes has ruined it, yet the same people are criticising him for not making wholesale changes - which is it? Selecting the right players? I thought we didn't have the right players?

With which bit? Everton are a big club but united are one of if not the biggest club in the world. Moyes simply is lost with the size of the task and the pressure that you are expected to win every game and challenge for every trophy, something he's not used to being at Everton or preston

Do you think title winning managers just grow on trees? Everyone starts somewhere.

Have they ****. The match going ones have, but there's still a significant number in the Moyes out brigade who were on one since he lost his first game. This thread has been full of them for months, and I'd say this forum generally has more sensible people than the norm.

So on one hand people say that this squad won the title last year and Moyes has ruined it, yet the same people are criticising him for not making wholesale changes - which is it? Selecting the right players? I thought we didn't have the right players?

Don't get this... what?

Starting Cleverley ahead of Fletcher today. Subbing Jones for Welbeck?

This is just one game and some key examples. Leaving a fit Rafael on the bench at the start.. dafuq?

Last edited:
Do you think title winning managers just grow on trees? Everyone starts somewhere.

But they repeat the same mistakes? "We were hard done by" "I thought it was a very good performance" and "I thought the Ref was shocking today"... can only be excuses for so long. It's not even like what he's saying is true!!!!!!!! If today was a very good performance then I am worried.

No not trees but they do take steps along there career until they reach the pinnacle. Moyes skipped about 4 steps. United needed a big time coach with experience of handling a huge club with big players through this period. Moyes is none of these

Someone ring Tata Martino. How dare he be allowed to manage Messi, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

You might have a point, but it's been our bigger name players who've actually performed. It's the others - the ones who actually have a career to fight for - who've let him down.

It's not hard stuff, but he's putting himself in the firing line to ensure that the players can concentrate on what matters. Getting into the Champions League is an absolute priority. So whilst he may be repeating the same things in public, and seem odd to you, privately he's doing other things. Not everything you see him do is exactly what happens all around.

He's been in football as a manager long enough to understand what's the right thing to do, and what isn't.

With which bit? Everton are a big club but united are one of if not the biggest club in the world. Moyes simply is lost with the size of the task and the pressure that you are expected to win every game and challenge for every trophy, something he's not used to being at Everton or preston

He's not lost with the size of the club. He may not be used to winning every game, and challenging for every trophy. But likewise no one expected that in his very first season at the club. Anyone who did is expecting the wrong things. He knows how to handle pressure, and like mentioned above, he's been in this game long enough to know what to do and what not to.

Someone ring Tata Martino. How dare he be allowed to manage Messi, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

You might have a point, but it's been our bigger name players who've actually performed. It's the others - the ones who actually have a career to fight for - who've let him down.

I wish we could say we're going out to win games, but it doesn't even feel like we are, until it's too late and we're forced to.

Funnily enough its the big players who stick up for him. Saw a wonderful off air interview with Vidic ( a player he has "supposedly fallen out with) Interviewer (think it was Geoff Shreeves) asked him if Moyes was right for the club. Vidic snapped back "Of course he is right for the club, I'm sick of hearing this question and people questioning him, we support him, we're right behind him, do not ask me that again" Vidic was so angry he walked off halfway through the next question.

Leaving a fit Rafael on the bench at the start.. dafuq?

Well, the reason for that decision should be obvious....vs. Stoke he wanted more then 2 players who can compete in the air. Especially since you lost Vidic. So that's why Smalling on the right instead of Rafael.

Funnily enough its the big players who stick up for him. Saw a wonderful off air interview with Vidic ( a player he has "supposedly fallen out with) Interviewer (think it was Geoff Shreeves) asked him if Moyes was right for the club. Vidic snapped back "Of course he is right for the club, I'm sick of hearing this question and people questioning him, we support him, we're right behind him, do not ask me that again" Vidic was so angry he walked off halfway through the next question.

Why hasn't he committed future to the club then if he's all for Moyes? It's not like he's not needed or not a key player.

Well, the reason for that decision should be obvious....vs. Stoke he wanted more then 2 players who can compete in the air. Especially since you lost Vidic. So that's why Smalling on the right instead of Rafael.

That's a fair point, but Rafael could of caused them more problems going forward than Smalling would. So it;s arguable, I mean if Rafael played we could of perhaps penned them back more.

Why hasn't he committed future to the club then if he's all for Moyes? It's not like he's not needed or not a key player.

Because he is 33 and might not be getting the deal he wants.

That's a fair point, but Rafael could of caused them more problems going forward than Smalling would. So it;s arguable, I mean if Rafael played we could of perhaps penned them back more.

Rafael did play, and they battered him with aerial balls, he lost every duel

Because he is 33 and might not be getting the deal he wants.

Big fan of Vidic, even at his age he has a lot to offer. I would like him to stay on, plus if he doesn't we need to improve again to replace someone of his calibre.

Back