The Manchester United Thread

Sub due to injury.

After 11 minutes. The point is tytons view is entire valid when you realise Rafae didnt win a single aerial battle, and all they long channelled attacked came through his area. Not really his fault, but you can see why you wanted a big lump there. He did penn them back, but he also got absolutey pummelled. This Smalling at Rb is not new, Ferguson used to do the exact same thing for aerial sides.

After 11 minutes. The point is tytons view is entire valid when you realise Rafae didnt win a single aerial battle, and all they long channelled attacked came through his area. Not really his fault, but you can see why you wanted a big lump there. He did penn them back, but he also got absolutey pummelled. This Smalling at Rb is not new, Ferguson used to do the exact same thing for aerial sides.

Maybe that was harsh admittedly. But if you can come up for reasons for Cleverley starting ahead of Fletcher and Welbeck coming on for Jones then I'll be surprised.

Oh and Kagawa not making the squad despite being fit... don't get that... sorry.

Maybe that was harsh admittedly. But if you can come up for reasons for Cleverley starting ahead of Fletcher and Welbeck coming on for Jones then I'll be surprised.

Oh and Kagawa not making the squad despite being fit... don't get that... sorry.

Assume he wanted to give him a run out. I certainly wouldnt have though. Only thing I can think of is that Fletcher wasnt quite fit, but he should have been the sub for Jones. That said Welbeck had some great chances, and if he had taken them we would be calling it a masterstroke. But I still wouldnt have made that sub.

Kagawa, yeah I wouldnt have played him away against Stoke either tbf, can't say I would have seen him make any impact

Last edited:
All the ManUtd fans who lost patience with Fellaini would be welcoming him with open arms (our match going fans are class though, they still cheer for Moyes even when we are losing).

Also we should replace Carrick, he looks so out of pace and looks not arsed at all. In the last 10 mins Carrick hardly moved and was not arsed at all.

I won't be quoting all the posts but Guarin is average and he wanted 4.5 Million net. It would have been ridiculous deal, on top of that he is not very good player. He would have improved what we have but he would be just a squad player if we sign any decent CM.

Kovacic: He is not playing well at all as an AM. When he plays deeper (changing tactic within game) he looks class. In the deeper role he is very good, picks up some excellent passes and can dribble. He is not good defensively though but he is not that bad. He wouldn't have solved our problems now but he would have addressed a lot and a future star for sure.

Anyways would love to see Powell coming back and playing in midfield for us. He is playing behind the striker for Wigan but his performance against Chelsea in Carling cup as CM was superb. Shame he never got chance after that.

Doubt we will give Powell a chance after he came back. We would loan him out again and sell him later on or even selling him immediately, a recurring theme in the way we deal with our young players the past few years.

Bayern Munich insist they have no intention of selling Manchester United target Toni Kroos before his contract expires in 2015.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said last month that the club had been unable to agree an extension due to financial differences, with reports suggesting Kroos wants to double his current salary.

United have been linked with Kroos after manager David Moyes was pictured with one of the player's agents at a recent Bayern game, and Pep Guardiola subsequently suggested the midfielder could be sold.

"We have no intention of selling Toni prematurely," he told Sueddeutsche Zeitung. "As [Bayern president] Uli Hoeness recently said: Bayern are a buying club, not a selling club."

Sammer indicated that they would be willing to allow Kroos to run down his contract if no new deal is reached.

"We want to extend Toni's deal - everyone at the club agrees on that [but] it's not a straightforward matter," he said. "You can't say that the odds are 80-20 or even 70-30 [in favour of an extension]."

Read more at Bayern Munich not planning to sell Manchester United target Toni Kroos | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Last edited:
Doubt we will give Powell a chance after he came back. We would loan him out again and sell him later on or even selling him immediately, a recurring theme in the way we deal with our young players the past few years.

Strongly doubt that he would be sold immediately, Moyes will definitely want to see what he can do in the preseason.

I won't be quoting all the posts but Guarin is average and he wanted 4.5 Million net. It would have been ridiculous deal, on top of that he is not very good player. He would have improved what we have but he would be just a squad player if we sign any decent CM.

Kovacic: He is not playing well at all as an AM. When he plays deeper (changing tactic within game) he looks class. In the deeper role he is very good, picks up some excellent passes and can dribble. He is not good defensively though but he is not that bad. He wouldn't have solved our problems now but he would have addressed a lot and a future star for sure.

Anyways would love to see Powell coming back and playing in midfield for us. He is playing behind the striker for Wigan but his performance against Chelsea in Carling cup as CM was superb. Shame he never got chance after that.

I never mentioned a permanent, I said as a loan for the next 6 months, with keeping Wilf and letting Nani go the other way. Would of solved problems in our midfield, he's better than nearly every midfielder we have, bar perhaps Carrick/Fletcher.

We have freed up wages in January so for 6 months it wouldn't of been a problem. How anyone can argue with this is beyond me.

Strongly doubt that he would be sold immediately, Moyes will definitely want to see what he can do in the preseason.
We are not really doing much with our young players these days though. Look at the likes of Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Pogba, Fabio, Zaha, Daehli, Lingard, Diouf, Tosic, Brady.... I don't ever recall us ever using a young players properly these days. Even the likes of Smalling and Jones are facing some difficulty now. Add to the fact that Moyes doesn't have an impeccable record with youths (Gosling, Barkley, Rodwell... and handled Rooney so badly that they sue each other) is the reason why I'm being pessimistic.

We are not really doing much with our young players these days though. Look at the likes of Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Pogba, Fabio, Zaha, Daehli, Lingard, Diouf, Tosic, Brady.... I don't ever recall us ever using a young players properly these days. Even the likes of Smalling and Jones are facing some difficulty now. Add to the fact that Moyes doesn't have an impeccable record with youths (Gosling, Barkley, Rodwell... and handled Rooney so badly that they sue each other) is the reason why I'm being pessimistic.
Lingard just got recalled from loan, Zaha is on loan for experience. Brady wasn't good enough, Daehli ****** off all the coaches, Diouf actually played for the first team and wasn't good enough, Morrison is a complete headcase. Tosic played first team and wasn't good enough. Rodwell broke through under Moyes, Gosling was perma-crocked and Moyes sued Rooney for defamation. Rooney broke through under Moyes, and that is why we bought him. to say we're not doing much with our young players when they are mostly out on loan getting experience is way off the mark. By the way, Powell has been excellent all season for Wigan

I never mentioned a permanent, I said as a loan for the next 6 months, with keeping Wilf and letting Nani go the other way. Would of solved problems in our midfield, he's better than nearly every midfielder we have, bar perhaps Carrick/Fletcher.

We have freed up wages in January so for 6 months it wouldn't of been a problem. How anyone can argue with this is beyond me.
Inter didn't want to loan, that's kind of the big point. The whole issue was down to extension + release, or sale. Also nani is crocked, cant play for 5 weeks.

Inter didn't want to loan, that's kind of the big point. The whole issue was down to extension + release, or sale. Also nani is crocked, cant play for 5 weeks.

They wanted Nani badly, Guarin wanted to go badly, sure something could of been done, during the whole window.

I think lack of signing any CM or LB in Jan has cost us CL and probably all our big targets will be 3x harder to get (not even counting World Cup year either).

Just not good enough.... Knock knock! Who’s there?! No one! Please trot through to our defensive third and be sure to say hello to de Gea!’

They wanted Nani badly, Guarin wanted to go badly, sure something could of been done, during the whole window.

I think lack of signing any CM or LB in Jan has cost us CL and probably all our big targets will be 3x harder to get (not even counting World Cup year either).

Just not good enough.... Knock knock! Who’s there?! No one! Please trot through to our defensive third and be sure to say hello to de Gea!’
Something couldn't have been done BECAUSE THE CLUB ARE NEVER GOING TO PAY HIM 140K. Just because you free up wages, doesn't mean you then waste it. You keep ignoring the fact that the club is well aware about missing out, and yetm, people are still talking to the club about deals. Nani would also fail any medical immediately, because he has a 5 week hamstring injury, and serious one at that.

If something could have been done, Guarin would have been at Chelsea.

Something couldn't have been done BECAUSE THE CLUB ARE NEVER GOING TO PAY HIM 140K. Just because you free up wages, doesn't mean you then waste it. You keep ignoring the fact that the club is well aware about missing out, and yetm, people are still talking to the club about deals. Nani would also fail any medical immediately, because he has a 5 week hamstring injury, and serious one at that.

Agents talking? That's a surprise - broken promises and all.

Remember Fabregas?

Agents talking? That's a surprise - broken promises and all.

Remember Fabregas?
Yes, remember Mata? That's how transfers work. You talk to agents, you bide your time and you hope to strike.

Yes, remember Mata? That's how transfers work. You talk to agents, you bide your time and you hope to strike.

But.. you're not getting it. What's the point in getting the right players when David Moyes isn't the right man.... it's so obvious... this whole blind faith in him is stupid and he is NOT LEARNING FROM HIS MISTAKES... KEY MOMENTS IN MATCHES YOU HAVE TO GET RIGHT.

It's not about the short-term ok I might understand that... but right now I'm worried we're sacrificing the medium-term... let alone the long-term.

But.. you're not getting it. What's the point in getting the right players when David Moyes isn't the right man.... it's so obvious... this whole blind faith in him is stupid and he is NOT LEARNING FROM HIS MISTAKES... KEY MOMENTS IN MATCHES YOU HAVE TO GET RIGHT.

It's not about the short-term ok I might understand that... but right now I'm worried we're sacrificing the medium-term... let alone the long-term.
who says he isn't the right man, after 5 months? He is learning that is the whole point, he will make mistakes. The whole thing IS geared toward the medium term: which is getting those players in the summer. Only then can you actually start whinging with any substance. It's got **** all to do with blind faith, and a lot more to do with common sense.

Back