The Manchester United Thread

Moyes wouldn't of been in my list of top 10 options at the start of the season... let alone 1st choice as United manager. Just stupid.... "We don't sack managers"... that only works if there is hope and signs of improvement.

Fergie was more proven than Moyes, I'd trust him more and the two scenarios were very different. The only comparison here is that they are both ****** Scottish.

Moyes wouldn't of been in my list of top 10 options at the start of the season... let alone 1st choice as United manager. Just stupid.... "We don't sack managers"... that only works if there is hope and signs of improvement.

Fergie was more proven than Moyes, I'd trust him more and the two scenarios were very different. The only comparison here is that they are both ****** Scottish.
whether you want him or not is entirely irrelevant. he is here now.

who says he isn't the right man, after 5 months? He is learning that is the whole point, he will make mistakes. The whole thing IS geared toward the medium term: which is getting those players in the summer. Only then can you actually start whinging with any substance. It's got **** all to do with blind faith, and a lot more to do with common sense.

I have my doubts of the calibre of players we will even bring in without CL. But I wouldn't even trust Moyes with all that money which is supposedly available anyway.

Plus... the right players doesn't suddenly make his tactical approach any better. They have looked old-fashioned and disjointed at the best of times. Whether a lack of a midfield hinders that is irrelevant when he's spent ?27m on one and had two windows to do something.

who says he isn't the right man, after 5 months? He is learning that is the whole point, he will make mistakes. The whole thing IS geared toward the medium term: which is getting those players in the summer. Only then can you actually start whinging with any substance. It's got **** all to do with blind faith, and a lot more to do with common sense.

Rubbish Mike and you know it. Nearly every United fan can pick his mistakes from every game.... they are not even rocket science decisions.

He's a professional manager... pretty sure it is what we should at least expect at United. This is going on a game to game basis... I can't remember a convincing performance. Even the opening day against Swansea flattered us.

Rubbish Mike and you know it. Nearly every United fan can pick his mistakes from every game.... they are not even rocket science decisions.

He's a professional manager... pretty sure it is what we should at least expect at United. This is going on a game to game basis... I can't remember a convincing performance. Even the opening day against Swansea flattered us.
Whats rubbish is the **** you come out with every single day. Part of me hope he does so badly we shed fans like you. You haven't given him a chance since day one. He has to win you over? Good grief. He doesn't make mistakes every game either so that's a **** like too.

Why are you not criticising the players, whose performances have been sub par too? I'd take you more seriously if it want for the fact you have never given him more than a fleeting chance. He is here now, suck it up, or find a new club. Because he isn't going anywhere in the future

You say he is a professional manager, these are professional players, who know how we do things. They should be getting done regardless, and they are not.

Lingard just got recalled from loan, Zaha is on loan for experience. Brady wasn't good enough, Daehli ****** off all the coaches, Diouf actually played for the first team and wasn't good enough, Morrison is a complete headcase. Tosic played first team and wasn't good enough. Rodwell broke through under Moyes, Gosling was perma-crocked and Moyes sued Rooney for defamation. Rooney broke through under Moyes, and that is why we bought him. to say we're not doing much with our young players when they are mostly out on loan getting experience is way off the mark. By the way, Powell has been excellent all season for Wigan
My previous post was about Powell being loaned out or sold next summer.

Lingard, despite impressing during the pre-season, were still loaned out, thus my point. Zaha were bought for 15m, left to rot for a few months in the reserves and then finally sent on loan. So Daehli and Morrison were a pain in the **** for our coaches, so they were all gotten rid of. Okay, that's acceptable, but I didn't know Daehli was like that. Tosic played like a couple of games for us in the first team after 2 seasons, loaned out and had a decent spell with FC Cologne but were quickly sold. Let's not forget that he was left to rot in our reserves for close to 2 years. Diouf is doing really well for Hannover, although he looked like he does not have what it takes to play in top tier football when he was playing for us, probably due to his lack of confidence and lack of any game time.

Rodwell broke through under Moyes, and then slowly disappeared from the limelight. When he first broke through he looked to have great potential, but slowly they faded away. Gosling were left on the bench for a long time before being perma-crocked. Barkley despite showing obvious talents, were scraping for game time while Osman had ample of them.

We are not doing much with our young players for our club. Sending them out on loan and then swiftly selling them afterwards help our club in no way other than netting that million or two. Powell might be an obvious talent, but Moyes might think that he is much better as an attacking midfielder and considering that we have Mata, Kagawa and Rooney capable of playing there he will most likely loan/sell him.

My previous post was about Powell being loaned out or sold next summer.

Lingard, despite impressing during the pre-season, were still loaned out, thus my point. Zaha were bought for 15m, left to rot for a few months in the reserves and then finally sent on loan. So Daehli and Morrison were a pain in the **** for our coaches, so they were all gotten rid of. Okay, that's acceptable, but I didn't know Daehli was like that. Tosic played like a couple of games for us in the first team after 2 seasons, loaned out and had a decent spell with FC Cologne but were quickly sold. Let's not forget that he was left to rot in our reserves for close to 2 years. Diouf is doing really well for Hannover, although he looked like he does not have what it takes to play in top tier football when he was playing for us, probably due to his lack of confidence and lack of any game time.

Rodwell broke through under Moyes, and then slowly disappeared from the limelight. When he first broke through he looked to have great potential, but slowly they faded away. Gosling were left on the bench for a long time before being perma-crocked. Barkley despite showing obvious talents, were scraping for game time while Osman had ample of them.

We are not doing much with our young players for our club. Sending them out on loan and then swiftly selling them afterwards help our club in no way other than netting that million or two. Powell might be an obvious talent, but Moyes might think that he is much better as an attacking midfielder and considering that we have Mata, Kagawa and Rooney capable of playing there he will most likely loan/sell him.
Rodwell disappeared because he has no hamstrings. Tosic was sold because he wasn't good enough. Diouf is good, but not good enough for us, that was always the case. We do well with our young players, that's 29 current graduate we have playing football in the top 5 leagues. That's the 3rd best in all of Europe. However they still need to be a certain standard. Only Welbeck is really good enough for us right now, even cleverly isn't good enough atm.

Also Rafael. But then if you are counting Tosic, you have to count Evans.

Whats rubbish is the **** you come out with every single day. Part of me hope he does so badly we shed fans like you. You haven't given him a chance since day one. He has to win you over? Good grief. He doesn't make mistakes every game either so that's a **** like too.

Yeh you're blind faith in Moyes is even more stupid. You can't just say the "**** you come out with every day" when they are valid points Mike.

If you want what's best for United you will actually criticise Moyes when he does something wrong oh and by the way that was as soon as yesterday.

When he does something good I might actually praise him.

Yeh you're blind faith in Moyes is even more stupid. You can't just say the "**** you come out with every day" when they are valid points Mike.

If you want what's best for United you will actually criticise Moyes when he does something wrong oh and by the way that was as soon as yesterday.

When he does something good I might actually praise him.
Clearly you don't actually bother to read my posts if you think its blind faith. That's the thing, you just dismiss everything as excuses.He bought Mata and you still couldn't give him credit. They are not valid point if you just make them up. I did criticise him yesterday, did you not even bother to read?

Clearly you don't actually bother to read my posts if you think its blind faith. That's the thing, you just dismiss everything as excuses.He bought Mata and you still couldn't give him credit. They are not valid point if you just make them up. I did criticise him yesterday, did you not even bother to read?

Oh wait... when I blame Moyes for the summer.. it's not his fault. When we sign Mata in January... it's all down to his genius?

I'll say it again Mata didn't address the problems, if we needed someone like him that badly we would of gone for Ozil when we had the chance in the summer. It was a luxury signing to appease the fans/media mostly, releasing some pressure for the summer. Probably so they can make more excuses in the summer.

Last edited:
Oh wait... when I blame Moyes for the summer.. it's not his fault. When we sign Mata in January... it's all down to his genius?

I'll say it again Mata didn't address the problems, if we needed someone like him that badly we would of gone for Ozil when we had the chance in the summer. It was a luxury signing to appease the fans mostly. Probably so they can make more excuses in the summer.
I never said it was down to his genius, idiot. It was him and a lot of work by Woodward, like before. See and that is why I don't take you seriously. You hammered him in the summer for not signing Ozil even though Ozil cant play on the flanks, and give him nothing for signing Mata (can play on the flanks) who gives that creativity from the flanks we are lacking (in 2 games has created 7 chances and got 2 assists), he is far from luxury once you realise we don't create enough chances.

I never said it was down to his genius, idiot. It was him and a lot of work by Woodward, like before. See and that is why I don't take you seriously. You hammered him in the summer for not signing Ozil even though Ozil cant play on the flanks, and give him nothing for signing Mata (can play on the flanks) who gives that creativity from the flanks we are lacking (in 2 games has created 7 chances and got 2 assists), he is far from luxury once you realise we don't create enough chances.

He comes in to the middle a lot of the time anyway, Ozil can play on the flanks... he's done it for Real Madrid on numerous occasions. Not his strongest position though, could argue it isn't for Mata either. Both best as no.10's.

He comes in to the middle a lot of the time anyway, Ozil can play on the flanks... he's done it for Real Madrid on numerous occasions. Not his strongest position though, could argue it isn't for Mata either. Both best as no.10's.
Ozil drift outside from in. Mata drifts inside from out. Its the latter that makes him fit far more. Mata also has spent most of his career on the flanks not, as a 10. In fact he's only been a 10 for 1 and a bit seasons. You cannot say the same about Ozil

Ozil drift outside from in. Mata drifts inside from out. Its the latter that makes him fit far more. Mata also has spent most of his career on the flanks not, as a 10. In fact he's only been a 10 for 1 and a bit seasons. You cannot say the same about Ozil

If Mata is the highlight of Moyes reign thus far I think we can safely say on the pitch it's been **** poor... which is where it counts anyway.

If Mata is the highlight of Moyes reign thus far I think we can safely say on the pitch it's been **** poor... which is where it counts anyway.

Actually Europe is the highlight, we've actually been bizarrely very good.

Actually Europe is the highlight, we've actually been bizarrely very good.

I don't think the other teams were very challenging either, lets see Olympiakos, which is another favourable tie.

Back