The Manchester United Thread

You haven't been watching Shaktar or Leverkusen then

I know they are playing well domestically, but you can't tell me Leverkusen played well when we beat them 5-0. They were **** poor.

Shakhtar were really average both times we played them and not the same force they were in Europe last year. Probably cos they lost their best players.

I know they are playing well domestically, but you can't tell me Leverkusen played well when we beat them 5-0. They were **** poor.

Shakhtar were really average both times we played them and not the same force they were in Europe last year. Probably cos they lost their best players.
Leverkusen hadn't lost at home since March. and we went and thumped them. They are excellent at home, and we made them look shoddy. Shakthar were certainly not average either.

Leverkusen hadn't lost at home since March. and we went and thumped them. They are excellent at home, and we made them look shoddy. Shakthar were certainly not average either.

We'll agree to disagree. Domestic and Europe is totally different, can't even compare it to be honest.

We'll agree to disagree. Domestic and Europe is totally different, can't even compare it to be honest.
Leverkusen are a European team, they have been there before plenty. you should know that. we have history with them

Leverkusen are a European team, they have been there before plenty. you should know that. we have history with them

What's that got to do with anything? Gone from their performances against us to knowing that they are a European team?..... of course they are.

I'm on about you can't compare their Domestic performances to in Europe. When they played us they were poor.

What's that got to do with anything? Gone from their performances against us to knowing that they are a European team?..... of course they are.

I'm on about you can't compare their Domestic performances to in Europe. When they played us they were poor.
Yeah we made them look poor. You say Europe is different (its not that much more different actually) and yet they are a team with plenty of experience in playing in Europe, and its pressures, and we thumped them. In their ground.

Yeah we made them look poor. You say Europe is different (its not that much more different actually) and yet they are a team with plenty of experience in playing in Europe, and its pressures, and we thumped them. In their ground.

Yeh with Giggs running past them like shadows, that's why I take that performance with a pinch of salt.

Yeh with Giggs running past them like shadows, that's why I take that performance with a pinch of salt.

Giggs had a great game. Doesn't mean you get to dimiss the result. That's insane logic.

Odd, most people aren't saying that so...

Actually you may want to look back a fair few pages... I've seen people on this thread or other ones saying even Mourinho wouldn't get anything better out of this situation, which I personally think is nonsense.

But lets be clear, SAF was worth about 10 points a season. wonder where that would put us....

Actually you may want to look back a fair few pages... I've seen people on this thread or other ones saying even Mourinho wouldn't get anything better out of this situation, which I personally think is nonsense.
Jose would struggle but do better, but struggle he would.

Jose would struggle but do better, but struggle he would.

Frankly anyone would struggle when you look at you midfield and the fact that some of the players you do have couldn't care less

Frankly anyone would struggle when you look at you midfield and the fact that some of the players you do have couldn't care less

Surely that's something the manager addresses? You can't tell me professional footballers just can't be arsed. I think the problem is there is no real motivation. Something is not right though, whether it's the training (still can't get over the fact he changed that coaching team).

This problem wasn't last season, we came back many times and showed real determination in moments of need. So it's not the players, it has to be the coaching staff doing something wrong.

My first post on this forum for nearly 3 years!

When David Moyes was appointed I was excited. Bar the beginning of 2011-12 we haven't had a sustained period of entertaining attacking football since 2009. There had been great games, great moments but as a United supporter I can't say I enjoyed the football we played. I remember the FA Cup game last season against Reading at Old Trafford. We won 2-1 but it was such a dire performance.

The Everton team under Moyes was built to be very difficult to break down. A strong back 5 and a lot of energy through the middle. Last season they were a good team to watch as they attacked both through wide areas and the middle. Mirallas and Pienaar both operating from the flanks but in inverted / shadow roles allowing Baines and Coleman to occupy the wings.

In flashes I've seen this approach this season. More so in the Champions League where he has taken the shackles of somewhat in his selections. Valencia was tucking in more from the right which has seen him get into more goalscoring positions. Januzaj being a complete revelation, Rooney popping around everywhere. My major concern with Moyes though is that he's been to reactive. If he stuck with the 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 we had going in the early months we'd be in a better position. After a few bad results he changed to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 and stifled the creativity. It's almost as if he isn't willing to suffer the set backs of trying to evolve the team so is going back to how Ferguson did it. And he's set himself to fail in doing so. The team lacks confidence, they don't look motivated or set up in a way to express themselves.

I really want Moyes to succeed but the last 6 months feel like a waste. Rodgers last season wasn't doing great but he wanted to implement a new mentality and set his stamp on Liverpool. Moyes hasn't done that, there hasn't been much to look forward to and 4th place looks gone.

Surely that's something the manager addresses? You can't tell me professional footballers just can't be arsed. I think the problem is there is no real motivation. Something is not right though, whether it's the training (still can't get over the fact he changed that coaching team).

This problem wasn't last season, we came back many times and showed real determination in moments of need. So it's not the players, it has to be the coaching staff doing something wrong.
Then I blame the players too. We put this on the Chelsea players under Rafa too, there is a level of expectation from senior players that should happen no matter who is in charge, and some are not cutting it. They are not babies. and yes we can. If we can blame the Chelseqa players for a lack of professionalism, why cant we say it about our own?

My first post on this forum for nearly 3 years!

When David Moyes was appointed I was excited. Bar the beginning of 2011-12 we haven't had a sustained period of entertaining attacking football since 2009. There had been great games, great moments but as a United supporter I can't say I enjoyed the football we played. I remember the FA Cup game last season against Reading at Old Trafford. We won 2-1 but it was such a dire performance.

The Everton team under Moyes was built to be very difficult to break down. A strong back 5 and a lot of energy through the middle. Last season they were a good team to watch as they attacked both through wide areas and the middle. Mirallas and Pienaar both operating from the flanks but in inverted / shadow roles allowing Baines and Coleman to occupy the wings.

In flashes I've seen this approach this season. More so in the Champions League where he has taken the shackles of somewhat in his selections. Valencia was tucking in more from the right which has seen him get into more goalscoring positions. Januzaj being a complete revelation, Rooney popping around everywhere. My major concern with Moyes though is that he's been to reactive. If he stuck with the 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 we had going in the early months we'd be in a better position. After a few bad results he changed to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 and stifled the creativity. It's almost as if he isn't willing to suffer the set backs of trying to evolve the team so is going back to how Ferguson did it. And he's set himself to fail in doing so. The team lacks confidence, they don't look motivated or set up in a way to express themselves.

I really want Moyes to succeed but the last 6 months feel like a waste. Rodgers last season wasn't doing great but he wanted to implement a new mentality and set his stamp on Liverpool. Moyes hasn't done that, there hasn't been much to look forward to and 4th place looks gone.

The comparison with Rodgers is an interesting one, it took him 18 months to stamp his style on the side.

A problem Moyes has done is his two signings can't be further apart in the style of football they thrive under.

Back