The Manchester United Thread

Annie Eaves@AnnieEaves3 hrs
This idea that Ferguson was some kind of wizard and nobody else could possibly get that squad to perform is utterly bemusing.
The idea that succeeding Ferguson is the toughest task in the footballing world is an absolute joke. You can do a mediocre job and the "true" fans would still think that you did well XD. Only the plastics would dare to criticize you!

The comparison with Rodgers is an interesting one, it took him 18 months to stamp his style on the side.

There was signs of progress in Rodgers vision with Liverpool in the first 6 months. You could see what he was trying to achieve near enough from the start on the pitch.

I can't say the same for Moyes. I've heard some talk but no real identity with his tactics on the pitch.

A problem Moyes has done is his two signings can't be further apart in the style of football they thrive under.

Eh. Every club with a creative flair player has that player doing the dirty work behind them.

Eh. Every club with a creative flair player has that player doing the dirty work behind them.

Fellaini looked like a lost lampost in his first spell, I'd like to be convinced his injury played a factor, but honestly not betting on it. His positioning was awful in that midfield position, I'd argue Cleverley is better in that regard lol.

Annie Eaves@AnnieEaves3 hrs
This idea that Ferguson was some kind of wizard and nobody else could possibly get that squad to perform is utterly bemusing.

Mourinho as manager with Guardiola as assistant wouldn't get this squad to perform. The truth is, Ferguson himself never really got it to perform. United were pretty much just as bad last year and the year before that. Almost every game was a uphills battle and a pain to watch. Watching the games, can't say I can see any loss of quality since Moyes took over, its ****, but its the same **** as last year. The only difference is lack of Fergie-time wins.

Mourinho as manager with Guardiola as assistant wouldn't get this squad to perform. The truth is, Ferguson himself never really got it to perform. United were pretty much just as bad last year and the year before that. Almost every game was a uphills battle and a pain to watch. Watching the games, can't say I can see any loss of quality since Moyes took over, its ****, but its the same **** as last year. The only difference is lack of Fergie-time wins.

That's rubbish and short-sighted. Admittedly we didn't play well a lot of the time last season, but to suggest it was all down to stoppage time that we won all the time is ****** laughable.

Ferguson also had RVP and Carrick in imperious, injury free form. And they bailed us out hard numerous times.

Fellaini looked like a lost lampost in his first spell, I'd like to be convinced his injury played a factor, but honestly not betting on it. His positioning was awful in that midfield position, I'd argue Cleverley is better in that regard lol.

And yet everyone was saying we should have signed him when he was at Everton. He has the pressure and expectation off of him now that we've signed Mata, I have every faith that he will show his Everton form and provide something that we've lacked for a long time with it.

Certainly not as bad as Tyton makes out, but our best players didn't get injured and didn't lose form, and that got us the title. We all said the same thing last season too: Imagine if Carrick gets injured.

Ferguson also had RVP and Carrick in imperious, injury free form. And they bailed us out hard numerous times.

Cleevrley actually looked a decent player for half the season too, before his form dropped off a cliff. He also had a defence performing well.

And yet everyone was saying we should have signed him when he was at Everton. He has the pressure and expectation off of him now that we've signed Mata, I have every faith that he will show his Everton form and provide something that we've lacked for a long time with it.

Depends, will Moyes play hoof ball to him, I'd honestly happily have some of that if it means we have some kind of plan B.

Certainly not as bad as Tyton makes out, but our best players didn't get injured and didn't lose form, and that got us the title. We all said the same thing last season too: Imagine if Carrick gets injured.

That was a total nonsense post I'm sorry by Tyton, people forget how we were impressive in Europe and were the better team over Real Madrid, but due to a shocking ref decision we went crumbling out.

A bad team gives Real Madrid a game?? let alone was arguably the better side over both legs?

Last edited:
No I mean that's how I can only see him impacting a game with a good performance. Lol.

He was bought as a ball winner. His favoured role and something he's proven himself to be accomplished at.

He was bought as a ball winner. His favoured role and something he's proven himself to be accomplished at.

Obviously I know he was bought for that, but so far it's been a recipe for disaster. He has another chance to prove he is a totally different player when he comes back in to the team in the next 5 months.

Fellaini will continue to struggle in a ball winner role if every time he gets called up by the referee. So far it's been a disaster there. Good player - I think he'll do better in a midfield three.

That's rubbish and short-sighted. Admittedly we didn't play well a lot of the time last season, but to suggest it was all down to stoppage time that we won all the time is ****** laughable.

You had 3 stoppage time wins before there even was Christmas, one turned 1:2 into 3:2. Look at the table where would you be with 7 more points. Add the fact Chelsea and City collapsed mid-season last year and mystery solved.

You had 3 stoppage time wins before there even was Christmas, one turned 1:2 into 3:2. Look at the table where would you be with 7 more points. Add the fact Chelsea and City collapsed mid-season last year and mystery solved.

The fact you're saying that no one can do better with the current squad is ****** retarded. It's not like Moyes is making the correct decisions.

Yeah I meant it in reference to current situation. With Mourinho at the helm and everybody staying healthy, things would have been much more smooth. But considering you have more injuries then entire US Army had in Vietnam, I'm not sure what Mourinho could have done. Unless he knows some special massage techniques amongst all his other talents.

Back