The Manchester United Thread

Yeah I meant it in reference to current situation. With Mourinho at the helm and everybody staying healthy, things would have been much more smooth. But considering you have more injuries then entire US Army had in Vietnam, I'm not sure what Mourinho could have done. Unless he knows some special massage techniques amongst all his other talents.

Maybe some actual proper tactics which aren't disjointed/lop-sided with some identity would be a starting point?

Oh and better media handling with the same ****** stupid comments, with better rotation/substitutions which make sense. Not replacing the coaching team with Everton's. Not buying a mop for more than the release clause was earlier in the window. Not exposing our targets in the summer.

Last edited:
Maybe some actual proper tactics which aren't disjointed/lop-sided with some identity would be a starting point?

Oh and better media handling with the same ****** stupid comments, with better rotation/substitutions which make sense. Not replacing the coaching team with Everton's. Not buying a mop for more than the release clause was earlier in the window. Not exposing our targets in the summer.
Hard to build an identity when the key players are all crocked. Also we haven't had one since 2009...

The fact you're saying that no one can do better with the current squad is ****** retarded.

I've never said anything of the sort. I said nobody can get it to perform, and considering it never really did perform under best manager of all time, I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed.

Things would probably be a little better with more seasoned manager but if you think Klopp, Mourinho or whatever, would mount up serious title challenge playing one healthy center-back, 3rd choice strikers and 5th choice CMs for half a season, you're delusional.

Hard to build an identity when the key players are all crocked. Also we haven't had one since 2009...

Any more excuses for Moyes this season? Doesn't explain the other total rubbish things he has done I mentioned.

Tbh too much hyperbole in this thread saying Jose, Pep wouldn't have got best out of this squad. With the way this thread is going, it looks like Moyes shouldn't be blamed at all which is wrong IMO.

Moyes has done lot of mistakes and he was also unlucky with injuries and some decisions. Players have underperformed big time but some of the safe tactics we employed in the beginning of the season was awful, I made the point back then that we don't attack in numbers at all and it looked like we had no plan at all. We have improved somewhat in the recent times but Moyes was unlucky with few results.

At least Moyes has identified the weakness and is prepared to address it. I will start judging him only from next season and for me this season is a write off. If we get 4th then great, if not off load all the underperforming players and build from the start. No excuse if Moyes plays like this after having his own team or failing to address weakness after 3 transfer windows.

I've never said anything of the sort. I said nobody can get it to perform, and considering it never really did perform under best manager of all time, I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed.

Things would probably be a little better with more seasoned manager but if you think Klopp, Mourinho or whatever, would mount up serious title challenge playing one healthy center-back, 3rd choice strikers and 5th choice CMs for half a season, you're delusional.
You mean.... there are no other manager out there that can do a significantly better job for Man Utd this season? That we are destined to finished 7th and never challenge for the title this season? Okay...

Any more excuses for Moyes this season? Doesn't explain the other total rubbish things he has done I mentioned.
It's not an excuse, stop acting like a complete moron. It's a fact we've not had our big players, its a fact we've not had an identity since 2009.

Tbh too much hyperbole in this thread saying Jose, Pep wouldn't have got best out of this squad. With the way this thread is going, it looks like Moyes shouldn't be blamed at all which is wrong IMO.

Moyes has done lot of mistakes and he was also unlucky with injuries and some decisions. Players have underperformed big time but some of the safe tactics we employed in the beginning of the season was awful, I made the point back then that we don't attack in numbers at all and it looked like we had no plan at all. We have improved somewhat in the recent times but Moyes was unlucky with few results.

At least Moyes has identified the weakness and is prepared to address it. I will start judging him only from next season and for me this season is a write off. If we get 4th then great, if not off load all the underperforming players and build from the start. No excuse if Moyes plays like this after having his own team or failing to address weakness after 3 transfer windows.

I don't trust him to lead us through another transfer window... which is so pivotal for us. He's been ****** ***** so far and at least with Fergie there was hope from the first season anyway. He has inherited the champions, not a team fighting for top half of the table, some fans need to wake up and realise this. (Not aiming it at you).

Moyes shouldn't be immune, he's United manager, if it keeps getting worse then he should go before the summer.

Absolutely nails it on the head. Sums up the situation perfectly.

It's not an excuse, stop acting like a complete moron. It's a fact we've not had our big players, its a fact we've not had an identity since 2009.

Stop acting like Moyes is safe due for the sake of continuity and consistency with blind faith. Call me the names you want, I just want what's best for my club, I won't be a bystander and hope everything is going to get better when there is clearly nothing to indicate there is.

Stop acting like Moyes is safe due for the sake of continuity and consistency with blind faith. Call me the names you want, I just want what's best for my club, I won't be a bystander and hope everything is going to get better when there is clearly nothing to indicate there is.

Moyes IS safe. he wont be going before the end of the season, because he hasn't had the chance to build HIS team. If you want whats best for the club, stop advocating bullshit short term ideas like paying Guarin 140k a week, because you don't like Cleverley

Moyes IS safe. he wont be going before the end of the season, because he hasn't had the chance to build HIS team. If you want whats best for the club, stop advocating bullshit short term ideas like paying Guarin 140k a week, because you don't like Cleverley

Guarin on loan with Nani the other way for 6 months was a totally good option, what don't you understand about missing out on the CL will have bigger consequences anyway?

Even if Nani wasn't going the other way.. I'd have him on loan for 6 months. We've freed up wages.

Guarin on loan with Nani the other way for 6 months was a totally good option, what don't you understand about missing out on the CL will have bigger consequences anyway?

Even if Nani wasn't going the other way.. I'd have him on loan for 6 months. We've freed up wages.
Inter didn't want to loan Guarin. that ends that discussion. you don't think they have taken CL impact into thinking?

Inter didn't want to loan Guarin. that ends that discussion. you don't think they have taken CL impact into thinking?

He's made 2 very expensive signings which have left us so far with more questions than answers as to regards where they will even fit in to 'his team' (what ever the **** that is).

Now we are going to accept a season without Champions League potentially just for the sake of blind faith? What even deserves Moyes of another season when there is no improvement.

We had a net spend of 65m pounds and there are still people thinks 7th is acceptable.... If we are City the very same people would be laughing their *** off.

He's made 2 very expensive signings which have left us so far with more questions than answers as to regards where they will even fit in to 'his team' (what ever the **** that is).

Now we are going to accept a season without Champions League potentially just for the sake of blind faith? What even deserves Moyes of another season when there is no improvement.
Sorry, but Mata doesn't leave us with more questions than answers. That's an outright lie. Jury is out on Fellaini. You say where is our identity, but then ***** as he tries to buy a player to build one. If you want to know Moyes identity : he plays a 4-2-3-1 that doesn't always have most possession, but has a lot of final third passes, with narrow drifting wide men and aggressive fullbacks, a dominant and or creative 10, a deep lying playmaker and an aggressive holder.

We had a net spend of 65m pounds and there are still people thinks 7th is acceptable.... If we are City the very same people would be laughing their *** off.

There's still 42 points to play for for goodness sake and you're only 6 points of fourth.

This thread is becoming very frustrating for me now as I'm seeing complete nonsense being posted more often. I used to enjoy looking through it but now it's just so.........

So we need; another aggressive LB, a CM DLP. But also for quality need a centreback, and a wide man or two

There's still 42 points to play for for goodness sake and you're only 6 points of fourth.

This thread is becoming very frustrating for me now as I'm seeing complete nonsense being posted more often. I used to enjoy looking through it but now it's just so.........

7 actually and it should be more, that's part of the problem.

It's all good and well being on the Moyes side but he needs to give me some kind of hope, I'm not going to blindly believe in a manager who keeps making mistakes.

Yeah, we were 7/8th last September. We were 7/8th last October. We were 7/8th last November. We were 7/8th last December. We were 7th this January. We are now in February and we are still 7th. But for some reason we will suddenly become unstoppable and charge up the table.

We had played 8 games since the new year and we have lost 6 of them. Yes, we lost SIX out of eight games in 2014. Five if you think our penalty loss against Sunderland is a win. Even Cardiff/Fulham have won more than us this new year. We are that bad. You can't blame us for being depressed.

Back