The Manchester United Thread

The issue most people have at this point is wether you can really trust a massive warchest with manager who's clearly not doing very good. Another botched summer window and club will most likely be screwed for 3-4 seasons. Its taken Liverpool what, 4 years to rebuild after Rafa left and King Kenny got in charge of the transfers?
I've pretty much answered this before so wont be repeating myself.

Pretty sure nearly any manager would of wanted that job, can hardly get much bigger than United and we are known for longevity with managers. Hope they break that with Moyes if it keeps getting worse though.. I have to say.

Ancellotti didnt

Manumad. It wasn't weird, he was immensely ****** off and not wanting to get involved with the press, I watched it from start to finish, and unlike you I get to watch the stuff off camera. He reacts like someone who is ****** off. Much like Ferguson used to. Or any manager who is sick of being nice in the face of people he doesn't want to talk to.

Last edited:
Quite, also utterly pointless going to the summer spending all that money with the wrong guy in charge when he can't seem capable of getting the standards required at United, that includes the tactics.

This was always a worry for me, Moyes is not proven at the highest-level, how we can end up with him was beyond me. I know Fergie chose him, but are you telling me there is not other faithful world-class managers out there.

Giving him time is one thing, every team has a barrier they shouldn't go through, even the likes of Swansea have acted.
Which managers? The whole point is that managers who stick around for the long term are incredibly rare. There is just Wenger left in the premiership now.

I don't think it's a case of fans not trusting him on how he will spend the money, but more whether he is actually the right man to lead us through the transition. These doubts are obviously coming from how bad it has been lately on the pitch and the performances.

Then worst case scenario he gets fired after bringing in the right players. I genuinely could care less about this season, as long as we get the right players. People talk about not enough standards this season. We've not been good enough since 2009, people just ignored it because we were winning. But if we talk about United being a great side, we haven't been one for 4 years. I'm not interested in being good again, I'm interested in being great, and being feared again, not just at OT (no on has feared us there in 3 years), but eventually in Europe, back in 2006-2009, our euro record was admired by the biggest teams. I want that back. If we have to eat this shitheap of a season to get there, then so be it.

Then worst case scenario he gets fired after bringing in the right players. I genuinely could care less about this season, as long as we get the right players. People talk about not enough standards this season. We've not been good enough since 2009, people just ignored it because we were winning. But if we talk about United being a great side, we haven't been one for 4 years. I'm not interested in being good again, I'm interested in being great, and being feared again, not just at OT (no on has feared us there in 3 years), but eventually in Europe, back in 2006-2009, our euro record was admired by the biggest teams. I want that back. If we have to eat this shitheap of a season to get there, then so be it.

No one will fear us next season either, we won't be signing Vidal or Kroos or any huge name. The best we have to hope for is highly talented 20 - 26 year olds which aren't in the world class bracket I imagine.

No one will fear us next season either, we won't be signing Vidal or Kroos or any huge name. The best we have to hope for is highly talented 20 - 26 year olds which aren't in the world class bracket I imagine.
I would not count that out. People said the same about city and Chelsea, and they don't even have the name we have.

Which managers? The whole point is that managers who stick around for the long term are incredibly rare. There is just Wenger left in the premiership now.

For me I would of liked someone more ambitious with a proven winning mentality at the highest level.

Jurgen Klopp was the one for me.

We all say that with no offers on the table, pretty sure BR said something similar at Swansea just before moving to Liverpool.

Klopp had offers, that's the point. he actually said he had rejected offers from England.

Klopp had offers, that's the point. he actually said he had rejected offers from England.

Yes but United never went for him. I wouldn't blame him turning down Chelsea or Tottenham given their records with managers.

But anyway, I'm going to watch the game, I didn't want another Moyes debate, just saying there should be expectations on any season and he wasn't my top 10 list from the start.

For me I would of liked someone more ambitious with a proven winning mentality at the highest level.

No one like that was available last summer tbh. Klopp wouldn't move. Carlo and Jose were available but with their Chelsea ties it was obvious they wouldn't take United job if similar position is open elsewhere. Simeone...unproven at top level. Heyckness retired, Guardiola signed with Bayern, Capello is tied up...who else is there?

Rafa was most likely your best bet and he would probably take the job... but Ferguson had a long-going beef with him and we know how Alex is with grudges.

Who else is there? Bielsa! Imagine the bizarre lineups every week and the crazy results at OT, I would've loved it.

Who else is there? Bielsa! Imagine the bizarre lineups every week and the crazy results at OT, I would've loved it.

Rio, Vidic and Evans in defense as CB's, Evra and Valencia as wingbacks and front three of Kagawa, RVP and Rooney :wub:

Back