The Manchester United Thread

Our front 4 lacks pace, therefore any counter-attacking threat is gone. This is why in the summer I think we should get someone like what Hazard does for Chelsea.

Our front 4 lacks pace, therefore any counter-attacking threat is gone. This is why in the summer I think we should get someone like what Hazard does for Chelsea.

We needed flairy pace like Nani, or industrious running like Park. If Zaha stops giving it jip he can make a name for himself next season, after some well earned experience.

Re Kagawa at CM: He would have been bullied out by Wilshere today, even if he is 100 x times more creative than Cleverley. If only we could combine the pair....

Exactly. That's why I questioned the wisdom of spending ?64 million on two players who have no pace. Mata is a great player but moyes can't find a role for him. If your gonna spend ?37 million then you'd better have a good idea of where on the pitch he would be most effective. Wide/wide-ish with no pace on counter attack is not ideal.

He has found a role for him. The issue isnt with Mata. but with the other point of attack: replacing players like Valencia.

Mata does his job very well, its not his job to make up for the deficiencies of the other side of attack.

Same with Fellaini, you dont blame the DMC and the wide playmaker for the fact that the other pacy outlet is *****

One thing I'll say Arsenal need to work on another method to break teams down. Once again their achilles heal only this time other teams are catching up to them. Liverpool remind me of United in 06/07. Young team, full of flair and pace. Players coming of age and excitement.

Wrong position. He's not a wide player. At Chelsea played in the hole. Player of the season x2.

Wrong. He only played 'in the hole' for one season at Valencia. He ALWAYS drifted to the right and just like Oezil, he was doing most of his stuff from there. Ofcourse, not exactly a wide player, but his position is all around the right, left and centre. Thus he's so good. His movement is amazing.

We needed flairy pace like Nani, or industrious running like Park. If Zaha stops giving it jip he can make a name for himself next season, after some well earned experience.

Re Kagawa at CM: He would have been bullied out by Wilshere today, even if he is 100 x times more creative than Cleverley. If only we could combine the pair....

Nah not for today's game, but I think it's definitely a good option to try against maybe even Palace.

Literally totally deflated now though, this season is over. Mayswell just hibernate till July.

Nah not for today's game, but I think it's definitely a good option to try against maybe even Palace.

Literally totally deflated now though, this season is over. Mayswell just hibernate till July.
You do that. Please. I'll even buy you some nice comfy pillows.

No he hasn't found a role for him. That's why he came off for januzaj. Not at his most effective playing/starting from wide and we needed more pace.

Yes he has found a role. Getting subbed doesnt mean he hasnt found him a role, that is a ridiculous point to make. The issue is that Valencia was a poor outlet when the ball was played into him.

Mata is the instigator, then you have a wide option on the other flank thats the pacy threat. To say he hasnt got a role for Mata is a stupid argument to make when its an entirely different player that is the issue. That comes with replacing Valencia and possibly Nani and Young in the summer.

You clearly play to much football manager with your right/left/centre. I suppose his movement is 20 :)

Or maybe he's actually educated on the issue rather than just spouting random buzzwords to try and form a criticism.

Oh comon There is more to this than one bad season. You've been spoiled by 25 years of success. Cant go into hiding just because things get tough.

You clearly play to much football manager with your right/left/centre. I suppose his movement is 20 :)
You're wrong again. His off the ball movement is 18. I can tell you his CA and PA as well if you want. Why I know this? Because FM is my job.

Edit:
u1dv.jpg

Knew I set myself up for that as soon as I posted it! :D

Well, you kinda asked for it :P

Oh comon There is more to this than one bad season. You've been spoiled by 25 years of success. Cant go into hiding just because things get tough.

My hope clings to the CL.... god help us. Surely we can't do a Chelsea.

No I'm pretty sure he's a fan of football like me with varying opinions. Unless I'm secretly messaging pep or Jose.

It's not really an opinion whether Mata has played on the wing or not.

so what are you gonna do when we dont win the CL? Hide all season? Not support United?

If I don't have to watch Cleverley or Young for the rest of the season I'll support lol.

I'd like to see some youngsters shifted in actually, no reason why not now... lets try out Petrucci and some others.

We've already had a great suprise with Januzaj this season, who knows what some others could do with a chance.

Back