The Manchester United Thread

If I don't have to watch Cleverley or Young for the rest of the season I'll support lol.

I'd like to see some youngsters shifted in actually, no reason why not now... lets try out Petrucci and some others.

We've already had a great suprise with Januzaj this season, who knows what some others could do with a chance.

Why would he do that, he still has current players to blend in. They also wont stop till its mathematically impossible. The young players are not on Adnan's level

Why would he do that, he still has current players to blend in. They also wont stop till its mathematically impossible. The young players are not on Adnan's level

Nick Powell can be recalled I believe.. this is the guy we should be blending in.

Our front 4 lacks pace, therefore any counter-attacking threat is gone. This is why in the summer I think we should get someone like what Hazard does for Chelsea.

Yeah, definitely. Rooney and Mata are legitimate goal threat even from range, but still need that direct, pacey player who will just run at the defenders and not give them time to organise. Valencia seemed to wank the whole game.

That was one boring game.
Wouldn't have called it boring myself, was on the edge for most of the game personally!

Cleverley brilliant tonight. Always puts Wilshere in his place, remember when he literally (red card) played him off the park couple of seasons ago at old trafford.

De Gea very good after looking a bit shaky last few games following Sunderland blunder. Smalling a rock at CB, not too shabby at right back either. Always seems to play well in these tough away fixtures eg Shakhtar earlier. Vidic shades of his former self after the first 15 minutes or so, real captains performance.

Can't think of too many negatives from tonight bar not getting all 3 points. I guess Rafael having another poor poor game and getting injured, and also Valencias clear reluctance to take on his man 1v1. Overall tactically we were set up well and more than worthy of our point.

Not quite sure what criticising moyes has to do with playing a football sim game but hey-ho. I am looking forward to the patch though in all seriousness, even if my side ain't :)
Boring.

Wouldn't have called it boring myself, was on the edge for most of the game personally!

Cleverley brilliant tonight. Always puts Wilshere in his place, remember when he literally (red card) played him off the park couple of seasons ago at old trafford.

De Gea very good after looking a bit shaky last few games following Sunderland blunder. Smalling a rock at CB, not too shabby at right back either. Always seems to play well in these tough away fixtures eg Shakhtar earlier. Vidic shades of his former self after the first 15 minutes or so, real captains performance.

Can't think of too many negatives from tonight bar not getting all 3 points. I guess Rafael having another poor poor game and getting injured, and also Valencias clear reluctance to take on his man 1v1. Overall tactically we were set up well and more than worthy of our point.

What about Evra? Personally I spent most of the game watching him and quite frankly he seemed the laziest player on the pitch, only interested in the game when he was given the ball in the final third. I may be completely wrong but most of the time, and the half-time and post-game pundits highlighted the same issue that was on nearly all of Arsenal attacking movements Evra was 10-15 feet away from the rest of the back line and that he wasn't even in the frame sometimes when the others were in a perfect line with players like Rooney and Mata tracking back just in front but no sign of Evra.
I truly do not like him as a defender, trotting up and down the touch line looking for the ball, gets it, we lose it somehow, get countered then he just plods along at a leisurely pace, never busting a gut to defend like he does when he is trying to get his moment of glory. But like I said I may be wrong and his is just my frustration talking.

Anyone seen much of Powell this season?

A couple of games. He was really good last time I watched him, and pretty good but slightly quieter the second time. Scored a beaut of an overhead a while ago against Bolton I think it was.

It's not really an opinion whether Mata has played on the wing or not.

Lol, is this even a debate? I've been busy the last few days so I missed out. That's crazy. Even when he was at Valencia he didn't play centrally for the vast majority of the time.

If I don't have to watch Cleverley or Young for the rest of the season I'll support lol.

Every day I feel more and more sorry for Tom Cleverley, especially when you consider he said this:

"I don?t mind hearing stick off 19 of 20 Premier League clubs. But when it comes from your own fans, it hurts a little bit more."

The kid's only trying his hardest for his club, it's probably time to lay off him. Especially after he did pretty well against Arsenal.

I'd like to see some youngsters shifted in actually, no reason why not now... lets try out Petrucci and some others.

We've already had a great suprise with Januzaj this season, who knows what some others could do with a chance.

Eh, it's a fair enough to say, but in practice it's quite dangerous. Throwing in a bunch of kids to their Prem debuts in a team in crisis is a bad idea and could wreck their entire careers, not to mention tank United to an even lower spot if they fail. Also, Petrucci is an attacking midfielder; not really the player you need at the moment.

Eh, it's a fair enough to say, but in practice it's quite dangerous. Throwing in a bunch of kids to their Prem debuts in a team in crisis is a bad idea and could wreck their entire careers, not to mention tank United to an even lower spot if they fail. Also, Petrucci is an attacking midfielder; not really the player you need at the moment.

In the last 2-3 seasons Petrucci played always as a CM and a deeper role.Not saying he should be thrown into the deep end as if might be dangerous to do but he isn't playing as AM at all now.

Btw, how do you guys feel about Europa league (i don't think we can qualify for that also)? I sort of like it as you have some unknown teams and talents on show and also a very good chance to try out few youngsters but at the same time I hate it as it is played on Thursdays and it has impact on preparation for the league game.

In the last 2-3 seasons Petrucci played always as a CM and a deeper role.Not saying he should be thrown into the deep end as if might be dangerous to do but he isn't playing as AM at all now.

Btw, how do you guys feel about Europa league (i don't think we can qualify for that also)? I sort of like it as you have some unknown teams and talents on show and also a very good chance to try out few youngsters but at the same time I hate it as it is played on Thursdays and it has impact on preparation for the league game.
ATM I will be happy with any Europe competition being Europa or Champions League.

I thought Cleverley did pretty well last night? Our main problem right now is our player's movement. Look at the positions where our players receive the ball and then where his passing options are, and then compared it to Arsenal's. Arsenal for the whole game pressured in a really organized way, making it difficult for our players to pick out a good pass or most of the time doesn't even have any options to pass to. Our midfield simply isn't up to par and we badly need someone who can keep possession and the team would trust with the ball, someone like Scholes. This means we either sign his replacement next summer or continue to suffer. This is an issue that had been dragged on for way too long.

And for some reason I find it odd that we are losing headers after headers against a team that we used to bully on the pitch with our physicality. I'm happy with our performance though, even if Arsenal had way more shots and possession, because we looked in control for most part of the game. Smalling actually impressed me rather than disappointing me like he did in the last game.

What was more worrying was we had nothing to play for, so instead of playing without any pressure and take the game to Arsenal (who had lots to play for and should be under pressure) we played like cowards, defending deep and scared of Arsenal.

I don't see even a single positive in this ManUtd team and what Moyes has done so far.

What was more worrying was we had nothing to play for, so instead of playing without any pressure and take the game to Arsenal (who had lots to play for and should be under pressure) we played like cowards, defending deep and scared of Arsenal.

I don't see even a single positive in this ManUtd team and what Moyes has done so far.
I would say that our players are under more pressure. We simply can't afford anymore failures and the players know that they too have to step up because Moyes can only be the scapegoat for so long. We are under immense criticism and I'm sure the players wouldn't like it to continue or even worsen if we lose this game. Not to mention that most of our players are bereft of confidence, so it's only logical they are playing like cowards.

I would say that our players are under more pressure. We simply can't afford anymore failures and the players know that they too have to step up because Moyes can only be the scapegoat for so long. We are under immense criticism and I'm sure the players wouldn't like it to continue or even worsen if we lose this game. Not to mention that most of our players are bereft of confidence, so it's only logical they are playing like cowards.

But we have nothing to play for. Hopefully we see some free flowing football in the next games with giving chances to few youngsters.

But we have nothing to play for. Hopefully we see some free flowing football in the next games with giving chances to few youngsters.

If it was that easy to turn on free flowing football we wouldnt be where we are right now.

If it was that easy to turn on free flowing football we wouldnt be where we are right now.

But there is a big difference when you under pressure to achieve something and playing when you have nothing to play for?

Something like when Hodgson was sacked and Dalglish was appointed, the same team started playing more freely as they had nothing to play for and when the season started they were back to normal.

But there is a big difference when you under pressure to achieve something and playing when you have nothing to play for?

Something like when Hodgson was sacked and Dalglish was appointed, the same team started playing more freely as they had nothing to play for and when the season started they were back to normal.
They are still under pressure, some are playing for their futures. The atmosphere isn't going to magically come back to life and we start playing random young players (more to the point why would we play. Also Liverpool properly hated Roy, and I mean hated Roy. What's more important is what comes out of the trip away from the team. Get away from the speculation and back biting here and gel and recover as a unit. Find it particularly sad that Cleverly had to close his Twitter account because of abuse from his own fans, disgraceful.

They are still under pressure, some are playing for their futures. The atmosphere isn't going to magically come back to life and we start playing random young players (more to the point why would we play. Also Liverpool properly hated Roy, and I mean hated Roy. What's more important is what comes out of the trip away from the team. Get away from the speculation and back biting here and gel and recover as a unit. Find it particularly sad that Cleverly had to close his Twitter account because of abuse from his own fans, disgraceful.

Why would we play young players? Maybe they are good enough and deserves some chance when the first team players are under performing?

I know atmosphere won't change magically but they can at least express themselves better, if not players at least Moyes can set up team to attack more rather than playing for draw when every dropped point means further away from 4th place.

Why would we play young players? Maybe they are good enough and deserves some chance when the first team players are under performing?

I know atmosphere won't change magically but they can at least express themselves better, if not players at least Moyes can set up team to attack more rather than playing for draw when every dropped point means further away from 4th place.

There is no magic on the pitch when Moyes is on the side-lines, he is not that type of manager sadly. Didn't like the performance yesterday either, thought we didn't do enough to try and win the game considering the pressure was on them as they still have something to actually play for.

It seems that we can go as low as possible this season and it will still be acceptable. I can't believe Glazers are happy with this.

Back