The Manchester United Thread

Tyton.. is that a honest question... what is wrong with the ******* Glazers?

Didn't you see the banner lately at Old Trafford ?600m reasons to leave.. or however they worded it.

So? What makes you think its even possible to find new owner who wouldn't try to make money on the club? Unless its , say, rich serial rapist from Serbia who needs good PR or some crazy **** like that.

United is lucky to be big enough to function and suceed without some questionable figure at the helm.

So? What makes you think its even possible to find new owner who wouldn't try to make money on the club? Unless its , say, rich serial rapist from Serbia who needs good PR or some crazy **** like that.

United is lucky to be big enough to function and suceed without some questionable figure at the helm.

Hmm an owner who wants some PR or an owner who is damaging the club financially.... that is a hard one.

Oh back to the bad squad thing again... suprise suprise. Come on then.. explain to me the tactical genius of 80 crosses against bottom club Fulham when you have players like Mata, Rooney, RVP, Januzaj etc etc.

Not only this Mike, he had 3 months to make a good CM addition to the squad.... don't start telling me no one was available please.
You've totally missed the point. And I didn't call it a bad squad. Next time read what I said. and try not to use one random game that has no relevance to what we were saying about attacking the big teams.

Exactly. The biggest game of the season in 2011/2012. Manchester City away on 30th April. We threw away the 8 point lead, whoever won would have seized the advantage and effectively the title.

Fergie recalled Park who no one had seen for two months to play in CM against Toure. Defensive mentality to try and get a point to remain top backfiring heavily. We didn't have a shot on target that game.
Exactly, anyone who says we attacked the big teams is lying, because we haven't in years. Because we didn't have the midfield to go toe to toe like we used to.

You've totally missed the point. And I didn't call it a bad squad. Next time read what I said. and try not to use one random game that has no relevance to what we were saying about attacking the big teams.

OF COURSE FERGIE WAS SOMETIMES PRAGMATIC... HE WAS IN CHARGE FOR DECADES. BUT HE PUT A TEAM OUT TO WIN THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.

I enjoyed watching United during most spells of Fergie era, now I don't enjoy watching them under Moyes. The counter-attacking threat has gone, it's predictable and slow. I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.

OF COURSE FERGIE WAS SOMETIMES PRAGMATIC... HE WAS IN CHARGE FOR DECADES. BUT HE PUT A TEAM OUT TO WIN THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.

I enjoyed watching United during most spells of Fergie era, now I don't enjoy watching them under Moyes. The counter-attacking threat has gone, it's predictable and slow.
You still haven't clocked on to the fact that the reason we didn't attack has hard as historically is because the squad wasn't as good as historically, which is where we are not. Even our counter attacking hasn't been great for a couple of years, because the big counter threats (nani and Valencia) have been poor.

I enjoyed watching United during most spells of Fergie era, now I don't enjoy watching them under Moyes. The counter-attacking threat has gone, it's predictable and slow. I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.

But the point is that the team of the last 3 years which wasn't attacking is pretty much the same one that we have now. Craving for the team of 5 years ago when we had Ronaldo is pretty meaningless, when he's been replaced with Ashley Young, no?

But the point is that the team of the last 3 years which wasn't attacking is pretty much the same one that we have now. Craving for the team of 5 years ago when we had Ronaldo is pretty meaningless, when he's been replaced with Ashley Young, no?
Exactly my point.

All the things you've been complaining about this season, are not new they, have been there for a while. They have just been exacerbated a **** of a lot more this season. But none of these are new issues.

So despite the fact that Moyes didn't get Thiago in the summer.... I know Pep came in.. but that was long after we had had the first sign of getting him.

We suddenly don't have a squad capable of attacking through the middle or counter-attacking. Something's clearly not right here because I swear we have one of the best attacks in world football, let alone in England.

Forget the midfield... Moyes had 3 months and messed it up along with Woody, don't think he even deserves any leeway over that.

So despite the fact that Moyes didn't get Thiago in the summer.... I know Pep came in.. but that was long after we had had the first sign of getting him.

We suddenly don't have a squad capable of attacking through the middle or counter-attacking. Something's clearly not right here because I swear we have one of the best attacks in world football, let alone in England.

Forget the midfield... Moyes had 3 months and messed it up along with Woody, don't think he even deserves any leeway over that.

Ferguson had 4 years. Moyes actually bought one.

Ferguson saw the hole, and brought Scholes out of retirement instead.

We haven't played through the middle or counter attacked in years. Our sole plan for years was get the ball to Scholes/Carrick, who get it to the wingers, who put it in the box. Statistically, the sources of our attacks this year are pretty much identical to the last few years. The best attacking football I've seen us play in that period was when we had a midfield of Ando/Clevz for about 5 games.

Spot on. You play to your strengths. We haven't been consistently an exciting team to watch since 2009 when Ronaldo and Tevez both left. Two key players in a fluid 4-3-3 set up. My view is Ferguson in his latter years didn't want to deal with the "attitude" of talented but young and unproven players so didn't want to splash the cash. For this reason we missed out on Hazard, Lucas and also chose to not use Pogba as they had baggage which would unsettle a dressing room potentially. Players like Valencia, Young, Chicharito, Smalling are not the talented individuals you'd associate with a top United team but they had the desire and determination to improve themselves and focus on the role given to them.

When we turned down players because of demands most supporters heralded the fact we were not getting bullied like the rest. "The United Way". Wayne Rooney was the only player who we bowed down to in 2010, and I only think this was the case because there was a strong belief he'd go to City. Now Moyes is stuck in a position where the team needs added quality and everyone wants Reus, Vidal, Kroos. He'll have a vision of which players he wants in his system. The summer will be huge.

You're right, this summer is huge.. it can't even be described how pivotal it is for future seasons.

But what makes me want to let Moyes go through another transfer window, let alone another season?

It's fair to say, the standard of players we're hoping for are not going to come now we have messed up CL, there won't be many players running to us that are the level required who want to play in our midfield either. People buy into the way a club plays, this season it's been very very poor.

Definitely forget Kroos, Vidal, Marchisio or anyone along them lines.

We haven't played through the middle or counter attacked in years. Our sole plan for years was get the ball to Scholes/Carrick, who get it to the wingers, who put it in the box. Statistically, the sources of our attacks this year are pretty much identical to the last few years. The best attacking football I've seen us play in that period was when we had a midfield of Ando/Clevz for about 5 games.
This x 1000. Many didn't gave a ****, because we were winning, and they didn't see what was coming. If only they had watched how we were playing much more closely, because the signs have been there for years.

You're right, this summer is huge.. it can't even be described how pivotal it is for future seasons.

But what makes me want to let Moyes go through another transfer window, let alone another season?

It's fair to say, the standard of players we're hoping for are not going to come now we have messed up CL, there won't be many players running to us that are the level required who want to play in our midfield either. People buy into the way a club plays, this season it's been very very poor.

Definitely forget Kroos, Vidal, Marchisio or anyone along them lines.

What standard did they buy into at Chelsea or city? What lack of Cl stopped them? and they don't even have the Manchester united name

Ohhhh yawn yawn yawn Joel.. seriously... we played bottom club Fulham and had Mata and Januzaj this season. How can we continue to argue about this, it's beyond me. How long does he need to set his tactics up.

Last season we had Carrick who was playing great first time balls through the middle. Our wingers were even worse last season attacking wise. The difference was we had a fit and firing Van Persie to fire us to the title. Opposition fans were saying all throughout the season our squad was average in quality but it was taken as jest. This season Carrick has had injury problems as well as declining in performances, ditto with RVP, Rio who was fantastic last season has taken his eye off the ball. Rafael has been the erratic player of 2010 again.

RVP and Rooney last season didn't have a good partnership. They scored goals but it was based on individual quality. Neither really run off the back of defenders nor have quick link up as they often are too deep trying to dictate attacks themselves. Mata is still new the team and will get better over the next few months. He's already shown his class on the ball which is a great sign.

What standard did they buy into at Chelsea or city? What lack of Cl stopped them? and they don't even have the Manchester united name

Depends when we're strictly talking about and what player in order for me to give a precise reply.

But if we take Hazard for example, Chelsea's huge wages and they just won the CL.

Got to remember, other clubs can even offer better wages than us now.

Edit: Oh and agent fee's.

Depends when we're strictly talking about and what player in order for me to give a precise reply.

But if we take Hazard for example, Chelsea's huge wages and they just won the CL.

Got to remember, other clubs can even offer better wages than us now.
No I'm talking about the rise of Chelsea and City, when they were mid table sides

Back