The Manchester United Thread

So if you wanna stop putting words in my mouth, that'd be great. All I said was the tactics are no different.

Stop crying like a ******* baby. The problem with you is that you're spoiled. You're not used to being out of top 4. ******* ****, it's like a ******* Holocaust is happening and Moyes is Hitler. Seriously. Get a grip.

It's not about where we are... it's about why we are there.

Pretty sure if Moyes went to Chelsea and had you playing this stuff it would be the exact same.

So if you wanna stop putting words in my mouth, that'd be great. All I said was the tactics are no different.

Yeh we need a manager with an identity, not someone who is holding on to past glory tactics but making it unsuccessful.

Yeh I know, how are we even saying Moyes tactics are similar to Fergie's. But we'll go with it considering somehow Fergie keeps getting dragged in to this.

The tactics are precisely the same to how Fergie played. It's plain to see to anyone who actually watches us. The statistics also re-enforce it.

Seriously, the more you post the more I become convinced you watch about 2 games a year. Either that or you're being wilfully ignorant to suit your bias.

The tactics are precisely the same to how Fergie played. It's plain to see to anyone who actually watches us. The statistics also re-enforce it.

Seriously, the more you post the more I become convinced you watch about 2 games a year. Either that or you're being wilfully ignorant to suit your bias.

May of been similar at points but it has never been conference-like. Maybe you should go and watch the Fulham game again.

The plan may be similar but the execution as proven in recent games definitely isn't.

Last edited:
May of been similar at points but it has never been conference-like. Maybe you should go and watch the Fulham game again.

The plan may be similar but the execution as proven in recent games definitely isn't.

If I was as vehemently anti-Moyes as you are, I'd personally be looking at the fact the tactics are the same under both managers, results are not. Therefore, something else is not right which you could attribute to Moyes. It's your desperation to criticise Moyes for anything you can possibly think of, rightly or wrongly, which completely removes your credibility.

If I was as vehemently anti-Moyes as you are, I'd personally be looking at the fact the tactics are the same under both managers, results are not. Therefore, something else is not right which you could attribute to Moyes. It's your desperation to criticise Moyes for anything you can possibly think of, rightly or wrongly, which completely removes your credibility.

Got nothing against him on a personal-level, just don't like his managerial approach. Was hoping for something a bit more forward-thinking and fluent, which suits the players we have attacking wise in particular.

Got nothing against him on a personal-level, just don't like his managerial approach. Was hoping for something a bit more forward-thinking and fluent, which suits the players we have attacking wise in particular.

And still, you fail to grasp the point. You're severely limited in your approach by the quality of your midfield. Fergie played this way because it was the most effective way with the squad he had. Moyes has the same midfield, therefore it makes sense to play in the same way. I really fail to comprehend how you can't see the hypocrisy in what you're saying by expecting Moyes to extract tactical wonders from the same squad that Fergie couldn't.

And still, you fail to grasp the point. You're severely limited in your approach by the quality of your midfield. Fergie played this way because it was the most effective way with the squad he had. Moyes has the same midfield, therefore it makes sense to play in the same way. I really fail to comprehend how you can't see the hypocrisy in what you're saying by expecting Moyes to extract tactical wonders from the same squad that Fergie couldn't.

The same guy who turned down Thiago and I'm meant to have sympathy because of the midfield he is left with? Come off it.

He's had 3 months to get a good CM in.

These two articles explain pretty well my thoughts and why Moyes isn't the right man

Mata Proved that Moyes' Tactics is the Underlying Problem | Live Life United

Illustration on Why Moyes' Tactics is from Stone Age | Live Life United

I know a lot of fans like to sit back and hope things will change, unfortunately I'm not one who does that.

Except the article is flawed. Because the issue is causes by the player's play style.

Carrick never steps into the gap, and Rooney always pushes up next to RVP when he needs to sit in the pocket. This has been happened for 2 years

He talks about Kagawa, while ignoring the fact that Kagawa hasnt really ever done that for us, sadly.

Of course, if you actually knew Moyes 4-2-3-1 style, you'd know those are the exact spaces he likes his players to exploit, hence why he is keen to get his own Arteta style running DLP in, and why Mata was bought.

Rooney needs to actually sit as a 10 not break forwards like a second striker.

Yeah...the author of that is a moron.. Bayern have enough world class midifielders to fill two teams, whats the point of comparing the tactics?

Exactly. It takes about 5 seconds to pull that apart.

Yeah...the author of that is a moron.. Bayern have enough world class midifielders to fill two teams, whats the point of comparing the tactics?

Bayern have midfielders who naturally create those runs. The single whole crux is that we dont. That is why we need to buy. Bit this goes over zzeezzy's head every time, and instead he harps back to fulham, even though that was was the bizarre exception of our season.

Because he is not intent on being objective. He already has a decison and ignores anything that pulls it apart.

Because he is not intent on being objective. He already has a decison and ignores anything that pulls it apart.

Clearly. The question remains, why are you trying to save the world?

Back