The Manchester United Thread

Hmm. Good manager, not sure he'll leave Dortmund just yet. We shall see.

I think he would. Reason I say that, I think he's done all he can there, lets be realistic, unless Bayern folded as a club, they are going to be the Kings of German football for quite some time.

Klopp done very well just to stop that dominance, albeit for a few seasons.

Whilst it is obvious that there has been problems this season undoubtedly which aren't due to Moyes. My main issue is that I still don't think he's the right man, that's why I would in an ideal world like to go in to next season with the right one.

Obviously we all know this won't happen as Moyes will get another season at least I'd imagine.

Except you havent given him time for him to show if he is the right man or not. This squad still needs to be somewhat dismantled. There is no way you can make a call after half a season either way on Moyes.

I think he would. Reason I say that, I think he's done all he can there, lets be realistic, unless Bayern folded as a club, they are going to be the Kings of German football for quite some time.

Klopp done very well just to stop that dominance, albeit for a few seasons.

Klopp has a thing for loyalty. If we were to dump Moyes after one season, we wouldn't look good in his eyes.

We've literally run through potential manager candidates like 8 times now. Most of the good ones were tied up or Ferguson wouldn't have them.

In retrospect perhaps SAF shouldn't be in charge of picking new manager, he wouldn't recommend someone if they had past conflict, and he had past conflicts with basically everybody on the planet except Giggs.

Klopp has a thing for loyalty. If we were to dump Moyes after one season, we wouldn't look good in his eyes.

I know, in fairness I did say that Moyes would be given another season regardless.

Just out of interest, who was your no.1 choice when Fergie retired?

I know, in fairness I did say that Moyes would be given another season regardless.

Just out of interest, who was your no.1 choice when Fergie retired?

Ancellotti, then Moyes. Ultimate choice was Pep but he was already gone. And to be fair Ancellotti didnt want the United job apparently

I'm thinking Roy Keane would have a shot at getting the job if SAF wasn't still butthurt about the MUTV drama. Benitez was never in the race either for similar reasons.

To clarify - I'm not saying either of these two should be picked over Moyes, but because it was Ferguson making the call, there was very little room to maneuver. You'd think club like United would have the ability to cherry pick amongst the best of the best, but from (little) that we know about the process it was basically either Moyes or Moyes. Lol.

Ancellotti, then Moyes. Ultimate choice was Pep but he was already gone. And to be fair Ancellotti didnt want the United job apparently

Rather strange if Ancelloti really didn't want the job considering how much he loved his time in England during his managerial stint with Chelsea

Haven't read it anywhere also we never stood a chance as Madrid wanted him from 2-3 months before season ended.

Also I think his job is not safe at Madrid and might be available next season. Very tempting, proven winner as a player and manager who worked with many great players. ..

Haven't read it anywhere also we never stood a chance as Madrid wanted him from 2-3 months before season ended.

Also I think his job is not safe at Madrid and might be available next season. Very tempting, proven winner as a player and manager who worked with many great players. ..

No job is safe at Madrid. I love Carlo and his eyebrow, I think he would be more than good as United manager. He's quite the diplomat, too.

I would absolutely love Ancelotti at United, if there was a plausible situation in which for him to become our manager. Alas.

Talk in papers tomorrow about Rooney new contact, and Evra has activated clause for a 1 yr contract extension.

Talk in papers tomorrow about Rooney new contact, and Evra has activated clause for a 1 yr contract extension.

Rooney expected. But Evra would be huge. One more year, this year back him with some actual quality cover. Final year as captain, Rooney official vice. Good way to keep squad unity in a rebuild.

Rooney expected. But Evra would be huge. One more year, this year back him with some actual quality cover. Final year as captain, Rooney official vice. Good way to keep squad unity in a rebuild.
Jus what I was thinking mate especially loosing all that experience in Rio,Vidic,Giggs. He will be good in dressing room and good for tutoring Luke Shaw :)

Or make him back up player and buy a quality LB. And after that just hope Tyler Blackett defies odds and become ManUtd player.

Also it's bit frustrating that we have Varela and Janko who are very very good talents and both RBs, add to that we have Rafael. Too much talent in one position

?300,000 a week for him.... what has the world come to.

Not worth that IMO, don't like how he always starts in every game as a god given right and he only has good games here and there.

Would of preferred a rebuild without him, send him to any foreign team.

Back