The Manchester United Thread

?300,000 a week for him.... what has the world come to.

Not worth that IMO, don't like how he always starts in every game as a god given right and he only has good games here and there.

Would of preferred a rebuild without him, send him to any foreign team.

Had we sold Rooney you would be the first one to abuse Moyes about it.

What do you want.. Re signing Rooney for big wages (IMO reported wages are wrong, just how media loves to exaggerate) or selling players like Rooney and Ronaldo and replace them with players like Valencia and Young?

Or make him back up player and buy a quality LB. And after that just hope Tyler Blackett defies odds and become ManUtd player.

Also it's bit frustrating that we have Varela and Janko who are very very good talents and both RBs, add to that we have Rafael. Too much talent in one position

We have our way of overrating our RB's.

James Ducker @DuckerTheTimes

Rooney contract will be five-and-a-half years sorry, not four-and-a-half years. Takes him to June 2019 in effect. #MUFC

?300,000 a week for him.... what has the world come to.

Not worth that IMO, don't like how he always starts in every game as a god given right and he only has good games here and there.

Would of preferred a rebuild without him, send him to any foreign team.

Better in Rooney's pocket than the Glazers.

Because he's been our best player by far this season. He's had a couple of bad seasons, but when he's good, he's really ******* good. He's on track to comfortably be our record goalscorer, and he "only has good games here and there"?

No one wants him.

We're losing enough of our core in the summer now, losing another would be silly. However much of a *** he is, on the pitch his leadership, passion and ability are unquestionable.

Rafael is good player for his age, but he's not top class. Same goes for Janko. Dunno about Varela.

Rafael was arguable the best RB in the league last season, only Zabaleta is arguably in this case. This season was stop start but apart from few games he looked good in every games.

Janko is 18 and built like a tank. Btw he is one of the few Scholes rates as future ManUtd player.

Also Scholes was very much impressed with his performances so far.

Because he's been our best player by far this season. He's had a couple of bad seasons, but when he's good, he's really ******* good. He's on track to comfortably be our record goalscorer, and he "only has good games here and there"?

No one wants him.

We're losing enough of our core in the summer now, losing another would be silly. However much of a *** he is, on the pitch his leadership, passion and ability are unquestionable.

Exactly. If we are funded by sugar daddy or in loss then it's understandable but we are making profit in millions, third or fourth highest turn over which is bound to increase even further with new Nike, Chevrolet deal, so I'm happy that money is spent on signing and retaining players than to fill the Glazers accounts.

The fact he wants to sign too tells me that he knows our summer plans and likes them.

Rafael was arguable the best RB in the league last season, only Zabaleta is arguably in this case. This season was stop start but apart from few games he looked good in every games.

Janko is 18 and built like a tank. Btw he is one of the few Scholes rates as future ManUtd player.

Also Scholes was very much impressed with his performances so far.

Well, best in the league doesn't necessarily means world beater. He's good player and age is on his side, but he's not that 'special'. Yea, Janko is owning in reserves. I would say his power and speed are matching Lukaku's when he was 18 yo.

No one wants him.

This sums it up for me, when you have a player who's on exorbitant wages you don't want him just to turn up when he feels like it, you need performances of the highest-level week in, week out.

Had we sold Rooney you would be the first one to abuse Moyes about it.

What do you want.. Re signing Rooney for big wages (IMO reported wages are wrong, just how media loves to exaggerate) or selling players like Rooney and Ronaldo and replace them with players like Valencia and Young?

Nope, I mentioned earlier in this thread throughout this whole Rooney thing that I'd prefer to just send him to any foreign team and be without him... he doesn't justify them wages at all. He's been a spoilt brat whilst at this club, had some exceptional high moments and some exceptional low's.

But like I mentioned.. for that money you want someone who is performing at the highest level week in and week out. Rooney only has great games here and there. Sure he puts work-rate and desire in, but that's the least you expect.

This sums it up for me, when you have a player who's on exorbitant wages you don't want him just to turn up when he feels like it, you need performances of the highest-level week in, week out.

His bad seasons were more related to off field issues than an inherent inconsistency on it, though.

The fact he wants to sign too tells me that he knows our summer plans and likes them.

Or he realises that no club in the world wants or needs him and his astronomical wages bar Chelsea and United wont sell to Chelsea

Or he realises that no club in the world wants or needs him and his astronomical wages bar Chelsea and United wont sell to Chelsea

He could still run it down and have numerous suitors for him.

He's still ambitious above all else. He wouldn't stay if he expects this season to be our new norm.

If I was Moyes, I would just let Rooney rot for another two years on his contract. By the time it finishes, he will be 30 and no major club will take him and his wages then and United have him through his prime anyways ... Giving him a new contract on higher wages as well is effectively just sucking his ****

He could still run it down and have numerous suitors for him.

He's still ambitious above all else. He wouldn't stay if he expects this season to be our new norm.

No ... He will be 30 and no major club will take him and his astronomical wages then. Especially when you consider he will be nearing the end of his prime as well. He may be ambitious but fact remains that even if he pushes for a move, no club will take him unless he takes a major wage cut barring Chelsea

If I was Moyes, I would just let Rooney rot for another two years on his contract. By the time it finishes, he will be 30 and no major club will take him and his wages then and United have him through his prime anyways ... Giving him a new contract on higher wages as well is effectively just sucking his ****

Paying someone ?250k pw to do nothing makes so much economic sense.

The point is that there's no player similar to Rooney, we can easily afford to pay him it and having someone like him tied down makes us more appealing to players next year

Back