The Manchester United Thread

I'm more patient tan most. But Cleverley needs to be binned as a United player.
Disagree with this. He is a useful squad player, would keep him myself.

Don't really know what to make of our "gameplan" tonight if we had one. Rooney too far forward leaving Cleverley/Carrick lacking options, gutless from Van Persie up top, nothing from him for the first 80 minutes. Valencia just standing on the touchline when we're in possession, whats that about? Does he really think he will magically become unmarked or something? Atrocious performance from him tonight, epitomises his last two seasons here. Young created more on the right in the last 5 minutes than Toni did in 60. Ashley Youngs performance is the only positive I can clutch at tonight, thought he looked direct and dangerous in possession and put in a few dangerous balls, never gave in either unlike Van Persie who simply jogged around nonchalantly. I won't go into Smallings second half performance as I could be here all day, was embarrassed for him.

Moyes is totally going for some kind of world record for the amount of things that can go bad in one season.

Just voluntarily put a Smiths song on. What have you done to me, United?

Moyes is totally going for some kind of world record for the amount of things that can go bad in one season.

The 2009-10 Crystal Palace season wasn't as much of a disaster as this, we were five minutes away from not existing that season. This is great fun.

Just voluntarily put a Smiths song on. What have you done to me, United?

Got any tears to spare for me? I'm gathering United fans' tears for use as personal lubricant.

Got any tears to spare for me? I'm gathering United fans' tears for use as personal lubricant.

As flattered as I am that you'd like to use part of me for your private five knuckle shuffles, I'll have to pass.

"And if a double-decker bus, crashes into us, to die by your side , is such a heavenly way to die"

Well I think this song is a bit too optimistic for my current mood, thanks Morrissey.

As flattered as I am that you'd like to use part of me for your private five knuckle shuffles, I'll have to pass.

"And if a double-decker bus, crashes into us, to die by your side , is such a heavenly way to die"

Well I think this song is a bit too optimistic for my current mood, thanks Morrissey.

Better off going with Stop Crying Your Heart Out by Oasis.

With alcohol helped me forget many an England performance

Oasis are my favourite band <3

[video=youtube;84MlCMahlWY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84MlCMahlWY[/video]

Oh, hi Tom, didn't know you were on FM-Base. Try doing something other than just passing next time and United might win a game.

There's lots of choices. 'Help!', maybe. 'Tighten Up' (your defence), certainly.

Seriously though Joel' put on Hurt by Johnny Cash and catch them tears in a bottle. I'll pay you in hard cash or aimless crosses. Both of them are things United have in bucketloads but only one of them is used regularly.

Why would we give a manager who is basically a total gamble who has done nothing at the top level a 6 year contract.

There is a difference between putting faith in a manager or just being utterly stupid.

Because Moyes isnt a total gamble. Hiring Ole, now that. would be a gamble.

Oh, hi Tom, didn't know you were on FM-Base. Try doing something other than just passing next time and United might win a game.

There's lots of choices. 'Help!', maybe. 'Tighten Up' (your defence), certainly.

Seriously though Joel' put on Hurt by Johnny Cash and catch them tears in a bottle. I'll pay you in hard cash or aimless crosses. Both of them are things United have in bucketloads but only one of them is used regularly.

That song is almost as sad as when Ash died in the Pokemon movie.

From The Guardian MBM, the best summary on why Moyes' 'wingplay' is so horribly different from United's historically successful style:
A lot has been made of United’s emphasis on crossing this season. It should be pointed out that their attack has always largely been based around wing play, the likes of Giggs and Beckham providing the ammo for the forwards. But there’s a crucial difference. Previous United sides would pass the ball snappily in midfield, rhythmically and hypnotically, always keeping the opposition on the move. They would pull them all over the place and then pounce. The cross would come at the right moment. This team? It’s just floaty, hopeful rubbish delivered from deep positions with opposition defences already organised and knowing what to expect.

And a bad one, considering how he's been ***** for Cardiff.

Well quite. I always love the get rid of the manager vibe. I always ask them: replace them with who?

And if anyone says Giggs, you're an idiot.

If we're gonna take a random punt on a United hero it has to be Cantona. At least we'd be entertained no matter what.

When I wake in the morning I hope it's to the headlines of "United sack moyes"

I dont, because unless you have a replacement, it's a ******* waste of time and energy, and in the long run leaves us much worse off because all that summer planning for players, which is by far the most important thing, is wasted.

I dont, because unless you have a replacement, it's a ******* waste of time and energy, and in the long run leaves us much worse off because all that summer planning for players, which is by far the most important thing, is wasted.

Although we are a special case Chelsea sacked their manager and just let his assistant take over, do that and see what happens and then go again next season perhaps? You don't need a replacement just yet i mean lets be honest your season is as good as over so nothing is going to change. Only bad thing is the payout Moyes will receive, i respect your club showing the new manager they are backing him but do think 6 years was far too much, 3-4 years would have been much better.

Back