The Manchester United Thread

And he's got the place bouncing. They're playing much more effective football than they were under Laudrup, the players are more relaxed and enjoying themselves, and he started off with a demolition of their biggest rivals. Talk to a Swansea fan about it.

It's too early to say he's succeeded, but they're on something of a roll.
Not taking that away from him, but we need someone for the next 3-4 years.

At this point the only person who can save this season is Al Pacino.

[video=youtube_share;R9CD7uj2TL0]http://youtu.be/R9CD7uj2TL0[/video]

And is Moyes the man to do it? On this form, ******* **** no. The most interesting bit is that giving him summer to do something when your windows so far have either been useless - summer - or resulted in you buying a very good player who's done absolutely nothing so far - winter - seems pretty illogical.

Look at the players Moyes has targeted, and tell me they are the wrong ones.

To be fair last season so many Chelsea fans were expecting Fellaini to join us because of the whole Belgian thing and they really wanted him but not me. For me he A) Plays far better in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 and B) Better when closer to the goal and you do neither of them for him. That along with over paying for him when you could have got him for a little less a month ago or so not Moyes's fault but it doesn't look good on him. As you said Utd don't really sign "top top players" so why did they spend the whole summer trying to sign one (Tiago, Fabregas)? Its just been very poor management from the top, to Moyes to the players, think this was always going to be a case of "you don't want to be the man to follow Ferguson but you want to be the man who follows the man who follows Ferguson".

Van Gaal is off to Spurs, Klopp values loyalty, sacking Moyes to try and get him is unlikely to win him over and his close friend and Dortmund Zorc has signed an extension with Dortmund, which means Klopp will almost certainly stay for the rebound. De Boer is even more untried at the elite level that Moyes.

Steve Bruce and Giggs?! Right I'll be honest and say i will pretty much disregard everything you say if that is what you are going to come up with

I think if Van Gaal had a straight choice infront of him of Spurs or Utd then there is no way he is heading to North London (unless all flights to the Manchester area are cancelled and he has to fly to London first).

I agree you do and i have been one of the rare opposition fans backing Moyes and not for the reasons of Utd failing but because i felt it would get better etc etc but i'm starting to think differently.

and you think moyes is the right man? Really? Why? I think he's bollocks myself and looking at the united players they think so to. It's very clear they don't play for him. I'm sure klopp values loyalty until you wave a cheque book at him.

I've never said he is the right man or not. But not having a clear plan to replace him ( or any manager) is a ******* waste of time.

and you think moyes is the right man? Really? Why? I think he's bollocks myself and looking at the united players they think so to. It's very clear they don't play for him. I'm sure klopp values loyalty until you wave a cheque book at him.

Well if they don't play for him, they're not fit to wear the Utd shirt. Fergie said what he did at his leaving for his reason. If people aren't prepared to do that and wait until the deadwood is gone then...well. what can you say.

and I'm not saying it either because it's DM-it's the same for all managers. They should be given time-especially when the current squad simply isn't good enough. You can only do so much with what you have. There's too many panic firings up and down the leagues at the moment and we don't want to see another one

Van Gaal is off to Spurs, Klopp values loyalty, sacking Moyes to try and get him is unlikely to win him over and his close friend and Dortmund Zorc has signed an extension with Dortmund, which means Klopp will almost certainly stay for the rebound. De Boer is even more untried at the elite level that Moyes.

Steve Bruce and Giggs?! Right I'll be honest and say i will pretty much disregard everything you say if that is what you are going to come up with

Van Gaal would pick Spurs over United?

To be fair, could you see this drivel of football under De Boer? At least it would be a bit more adventurous at the very least.

And is Moyes the man to do it? On this form, ******* **** no. The most interesting bit is that giving him summer to do something when your windows so far have either been useless - summer - or resulted in you buying a very good player who's done absolutely nothing so far - winter - seems pretty illogical.

For me, if he gets the right players, removes the dross, and gets sacked, I could just about live with that. For me not just about the summer, but if he hits the ground running in the summer. Everyone has their lines, for me its the player turnover. He lives and dies by it.

Van Gaal would pick Spurs over United?

To be fair, could you see this drivel of football under De Boer? At least it would be a bit more adventurous at the very least.

To be fair I would say the same if you look at Moyes at Everton and Moyes now. Because Everton played some very very good football under him.

Apparently he has signed a contract. If not, different story...

I've never said he is the right man or not. But not having a clear plan to replace him ( or any manager) is a ******* waste of time.

On the contrary man, the sooner you boot him the sooner you can start working on a plan to replace him. Assistant can finish this season, its lost anyway. Its Manchester United, I'm sure you can poach somebody more capable in the summer.

If you don't make it past Olympiakos , Moyes needs to get the fired, "United way" or not.

We can rationalize things all day long but the hard truth is I have never seen team fall apart so rapidly. Players age and teams fade away all the time, but there's always some of that old spark left, the glimpses of when things were good, people pulling it together for one more game.

Title winning team shouldn't just go to **** basically overnight.

To be fair I would say the same if you look at Moyes at Everton and Moyes now. Because Everton played some very very good football under him.

Apparently he has signed a contract. If not, different story...

De Boer would have us playing his way, whether we actually could do or not. With the likes of Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa and all the other creative players, it is hard to think of anything worse under another manager.

Ryan Giggs as player-manager until the end of the season isn't a bad call actually.

De Boer would have us playing his way, whether we actually could do or not. With the likes of Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa and all the other creative players, it is hard to think of anything worse under another manager.

Ryan Giggs as player-manager until the end of the season isn't a bad call actually.

What is his way? And if we couldnt play his way, we'd still be in the ****. Nothing resolved.

On the contrary man, the sooner you boot him the sooner you can start working on a plan to replace him. Assistant can finish this season, its lost anyway. Its Manchester United, I'm sure you can poach somebody more capable in the summer.

If you don't make it past Olympiakos , Moyes needs to get the fired, "United way" or not.

We can rationalize things all day long but the hard truth is I have never seen team fall apart so rapidly. Players age and teams fade away all the time, but there's always some of that old spark left, the glimpses of when things were good, people pulling it together for one more game.

Title winning team shouldn't just go to **** basically overnight.

That's not the point. My point is unless we are ready and able to poach someone, then you dont fire him ( or anyone).

Lets just say Tom Cleverley may embrace it.... ;)

I know how he plays, much as I know how Moyes plays. There are still the same parallels here

Not quite proven at the top (FdB eveb more so) capable of attractive football (FdB winning this) but still needing those players to play their relevant styles.

There's a certain husky voiced Portuguese chap I hear is out of work.....in all seriousness if United don't turn over the deficit in the return leg questions need to be asked this is a team United should be beating or at the very least not capitulating against them I couldn't quite believe how poor they were it was staggering, although I haven't watched united to many times this season so I couldn't say if it's the worst they've played

For me, if he gets the right players, removes the dross, and gets sacked, I could just about live with that. For me not just about the summer, but if he hits the ground running in the summer. Everyone has their lines, for me its the player turnover. He lives and dies by it.

Know how I told you you give some people too much faith?

Yeah. Think this might be one of those times.

I'm not advocating getting rid of Moyes now, but if you season ends this way then surely, surely he has to go.

Not sure I'd class it as 'very good'. Very EFFECTIVE, maybe.

That's not the point. My point is unless we are ready and able to poach someone, then you dont fire him ( or anyone).

Like I said, its still Manchester United. If we assume the club is still able to poach some top talent players in the summer, then by the same logic it will always be able to poach some good managers.

Back