The Manchester United Thread

Know how I told you you give some people too much faith?

Yeah. Think this might be one of those times.

I'm not advocating getting rid of Moyes now, but if you season ends this way then surely, surely he has to go.

Not sure I'd class it as 'very good'. Very EFFECTIVE, maybe.

I want a plan though. I want us to have someone lined up. If he have to pull the trigger, then we can be seamless.

Moyes is calling in a lot of fan support here, there's a lot but it's not unlimited.

I want a plan though. I want us to have someone lined up. If he have to pull the trigger, then we can be seamless.

Moyes is calling in a lot of fan support here, there's a lot but it's not unlimited.
But you have to admit mike he's on thin ice. Would you trust him with ?200 million?

But you have to admit mike he's on thin ice. Would you trust him with ?200 million?

I think you're going to have to, Ferguson left such an unbalanced, aging squad, that a large amount of money needs to be dropped to get a significant improvement out of the side, especially after the summer departures.

He is on thin ice, there can be little doubt about that. At the moment we can only go by who he has signed, and who we he's trying to sign ( apparently) and on that basis yes. So if he gets those players, gets the dross out and then gets sacked thats still something.

As Mike said earlier, you can't argue with the targets he's aiming for.

Well, you could argue some are a little out of reach. Realism is always a good thing to temper optimism.

As Mike said earlier, you can't argue with the targets he's aiming for.
I think someone said it earlier that you can target who you like but getting them is another thing. Look at all the players united have been linked to over the years and missed out on, you think now is gonna be different.

I think someone said it earlier that you can target who you like but getting them is another thing. Look at all the players united have been linked to over the years and missed out on, you think now is gonna be different.

If we pick up 4-6 played between the calibre of mata and fellaini, thats a job very much well done. We never really sign the very top, so that's less of an issue to be honest. Plenty of very good, hungry and improving players we can sign, like we always have

But the point wasn't whether we can get all of them. We can't possibly know the ins and outs of which ones are realistic or not. But at least he's aiming for the better players in the world rather than going on a raid of Everton.

But the point wasn't whether we can get all of them. We can't possibly know the ins and outs of which ones are realistic or not. But at least he's aiming for the better players in the world rather than going on a raid of Everton.

That's a rather ****** silver lining if I'm honest. :P

I'm running out of straws to clutch. Leave me some you ****.

Lol. Just feel for Mike a little bit. I've spent the past two years systematically burning any straw he even thinks of touching.

But the point wasn't whether we can get all of them. We can't possibly know the ins and outs of which ones are realistic or not.

His judgement on who's a realistic target wasn't very accurate last summer. Lets not act like its his first transfer window.

Can't lie, I'm starting to lose a bit of patience.

It's not the results anymore, it's beyond that. It's that every game we're seeing the same game plan with no urgency and no real nous to do anything differently. This season has been atrocious but it's clear that whatever his initial plan was isn't working, yet he insists on continuing with it, regardless of how poor we are.

Tonight, it was obvious from the opening minutes that he was playing for a draw. Since when do Manchester United play for a draw?

I'd love to say I'm confident we can turn it around at Old Trafford but quite frankly I'm not. Our home form hasn't been any good this year, the fans are turning against the players and manager, the players are starting to turn on the manager (RVP's comments) and Olympiakos will be coming to Old Trafford knowing we're there for the taking.

We need 3 goals. In 20 home games in all competitions this season, that has happened once - 4-0 vs Norwich in the Capital One Cup.

The home leg is going to be our last Champions League tie for a long time, hopefully we make it an occasion to remember at least.

he really does need to be sacked now its a case of dignitythese players have provided come backs all the time and i just havent seen it under moyes at all its like the most mentally strongest team in the world is suddenly the most fragile absolute unbelievable in 25 years of being a man utd fan i have never seen a performance like that people are comparing fergies & moyes start even under fergies beginning there was never a poor performance like that i dont blame the players 1 bit he has 1 mind set 1 way of playing no tactical knowledge outclassed by just about every manager going and on top of that i just dont see him having a style of play defensive & hit on the counter? no cos we always get breached? posession football with a high tempo no because players arent moving fast enough direct football with long balls no because even long balls end up in the back of the net & more creative chances its like hes trying to do all of the above but it just **** out all muddled i said from the start he was not the man for the job but i gave him my vote of confidence i just dont think the club can trust him in the transfer market either hes a liability just look at his body language its not of a man that is in control its more of someone who doesnt believe in himself or the team i think hes really punching above his weight i think we should urgently give mike phelan the job as interim rene as assistant till end of season

Tonight, it was obvious from the opening minutes that he was playing for a draw. Since when do Manchester United play for a draw?

Since Ferguson started Park Ji Sung in midfield against City with him not having played in about 20 games.

dont agree park was a big game player who performed always in the big game ties unfortunatly he just dont have the legs anymore

Well he didn't perform in that big game, so...

To be honest that's entirely beside the point anyway. I loved me some Ji Sung Park, but playing him against City was a clear indicator that Ferguson was trying to defend and steal a point rather than go for a win.

Back