The Manchester United Thread

If all we can look forward to in Moyes tenure is... the signings that he "might" make the next summer, then we should have fecking gone for Mourinho then. Who else signs as much big players as him? And we might have some results to go along with that too.

The most frustrating thing about the situation that we're in is the fact that no one in the club actually thinks that there is something wrong. The manager still approaches every game with the same old tactic and the players still think it is fine if they do **** because they will still earn their paycheck and get into the first team. The manager knows that he will never be sacked this season, and the players know that they will still get to play regardless of how **** they are (Cleverley, Valencia). Let's not mention the fact that there are fans who thinks this is a transition season so the results does not even matter as long as we are in the top half of the table. The players can just nonchalantly walk onto the field with the club crest, and the manager can just play the same old tactic every game. It's frustrating because we know we can do so much better than this. I know the team is not as good as it can be, but if the players and manager actually give a **** about the results and their performance we would be so much better.

As Mike said earlier, you can't argue with the targets he's aiming for.

Yes but you can argue that even if he gets them he has never shown that he will be able to do something useful with them.

Also our squad this season is lacking not as bad as people make out. Not for going from champions by 11 points to being what, 9 points from the cl places and allowing so many mediocre teams to beat us. I grant you that a lot of players are playing badly but body language and performances show they are shot of confidence and lack inspiration. Whenever I see Moyes and/or hear him speak its obvious he could not inspire a **** up in a brewery and we see this week in week out this season.

But nothing will happen he wont be sacked; after all we re long-termist! So we must learn to live with this for at least one season more and thereafter (when he goes - cos he will!) for a possible long time in the Euro wilderness.

Btw OLYMPIACOS were not that good. Actually they were rather **** themselves making mostly bad passes and decisions. Which makes everything all the more depressing.

If all we can look forward to in Moyes tenure is... the signings that he "might" make the next summer, then we should have fecking gone for Mourinho then. Who else signs as much big players as him? And we might have some results to go along with that too.

The most frustrating thing about the situation that we're in is the fact that no one in the club actually thinks that there is something wrong. The manager still approaches every game with the same old tactic and the players still think it is fine if they do **** because they will still earn their paycheck and get into the first team. The manager knows that he will never be sacked this season, and the players know that they will still get to play regardless of how **** they are (Cleverley, Valencia). Let's not mention the fact that there are fans who thinks this is a transition season so the results does not even matter as long as we are in the top half of the table. The players can just nonchalantly walk onto the field with the club crest, and the manager can just play the same old tactic every game. It's frustrating because we know we can do so much better than this. I know the team is not as good as it can be, but if the players and manager actually give a **** about the results and their performance we would be so much better.

Sorry for the double post but will you marry me?!

There is only 2 reasons to keep Moyes at this moment: -

1) Believing in the long term project and what he is currently doing with the team. - Can't give him this one I'm afraid, on the pitch it's dire and I don't believe in anything he's doing to be quite honest.

2) Due to what Mike/Joel say about sticking with him till summer just for his targets... but I disagree with this.... we can all target top players with no return. This is his 3rd transfer window, so far we've ended up with Fellaini (who the jury is very much still out on and was signed than his release clause anyway).

Mata - Ok we all know he's a very good player but if there was one position where it wasn't going to change our season it was that one.

My theory is... get a top-class manager lined up and bring them in as soon as possible. I do think there is a bit of straw-clutching from people saying well who could we get. It's Manchester United... it's more appealing now than after Fergie retired arguably.

My theory is... get a top-class manager lined up and bring them in as soon as possible. I do think there is a bit of straw-clutching from people saying well who could we get. It's Manchester United... it's more appealing now than after Fergie retired arguably.

Yes, but who? Realistically speaking, probably only di Matteo would be available, who would also be World-Class, with whom Ferguson doesn't have a 'shoot on Sight' rivalry? I would love di Matteo though, I've been a fan of his as a manager. But then again, I'm also a fan of Moyes..

Yes, but who? Realistically speaking, probably only di Matteo would be available, who would also be World-Class, with whom Ferguson doesn't have a 'shoot on Sight' rivalry? I would love di Matteo though, I've been a fan of his as a manager. But then again, I'm also a fan of Moyes..

Di Matteo is a terrible choice, that CL win was 1 in a 1000000000000000000000000000000.

Don't know really, it's probably going to be someone at the end of the season, which is where the problem lies with bringing players in.

Quite frankly I'd rather see Giggs or Warren Joyce take charge till end of season and then let the new man come in rather than keep Moyes at this moment.

Everyone knows I want Klopp, failing that Simeone. You could argue Klopp has nothing left to achieve with Dortmund, very very slim chance of UCL but at the end of the season I could definitely see him moving on with the right offer.

Everyone knows I want Klopp, failing that Simeone. You could argue Klopp has nothing left to achieve with Dortmund, very very slim chance of UCL but at the end of the season I could definitely see him moving on with the right offer.

UEFA Champions League. Especially after losing to Bayern. Still a major hole in his side. But just because we want them, doesn't necessarily mean we'll get them.. Plus, Moyes' payout will still be pretty big, as well as Steve Rounds'..

Twitter propaganda machine in full flow few reporters claiming according to New York stock exchange moyes been sacked oh gotta love the rumour mill

Tonight, it was obvious from the opening minutes that he was playing for a draw. Since when do Manchester United play for a draw?
Exact same in the last 16 a few years ago against Marseille

Gotta love the fans who called for DM head because he didn't play Mata. Clueless isn't the word

Gotta love the fans who called for DM head because he didn't play Mata. Clueless isn't the word

Mata shouldn't have played, correct decision. Although, I do feel Kagawa should have started, with Smalling in CD instead of Ferdinand, and Rafael at RB. I would have wanted Nani to play, but that's neither here nor there with Valencia and Nani.

Mata shouldn't have played, correct decision. Although, I do feel Kagawa should have started, with Smalling in CD instead of Ferdinand, and Rafael at RB. I would have wanted Nani to play, but that's neither here nor there with Valencia and Nani.

There was no decision though, he was cup-tied!

Mata COULDN'T have played because he was ineligible having previously played for Chelsea in the groups so there was no decision to make

edit ninja'd by LFC Marshall

meltdown1.jpg

Back