The Manchester United Thread

I was merely replying to andrichbrand's post about records set by Moyes this season, although for some reason quoting his post didn't work. Am amazed by how much you're ****** off by a single sentence.

Because people have been banging on about it, for ages, and it totally misses the point. Of all the things going wrong, people focus on that?

It depends on the players as well. If he loses the support and confidence of the players who are going to be the mainstay of the club, well as fan and boars support, I think they will fire him in the summer. You can weather the bad times, and the grumbling in the stands, but you lose your players as well and you are done.

it seems that is why schiano was fired from the bucs aswell as poor results players were disenchanted with his methods, I'm drawing this comparison with their nfl team because frankly we have nothing else to go on because this is such a unique position to see united in it is totally alien. (Unless you are over 30 and can remember the dark days)

I think if he can somehow win the next 4 get a result against Liverpool and go through against olympiakos then it takes a bit of pressure off but then it's the derby. I think this is why it is imperative he wins the next 4 if they're struggling going into the derby and take a pasting I think he will be in trouble. ( but then is Liverpool arguably a bigger game than city I don't know because I'm a fan of neither)

I agree with you that I think any decision will take place in the summer but then it's that eternal question you keep asking people who to bring in next.

Last edited:
time to go am sorry to say done to us what souness did to liverpool *** us up were so far behind in team and squad quality its untrue he has to go NOWsimply as but the owners need to follow we haven't bought quality like the others were miles away and we won't win anything in the next 5 years good job sunderland beat us so win dint get embarrassed by city in carling cup bottom line were **** or and van persie can f off as well do ya owe job b4 moaning of others!!on closing theses r the times to support ya team and mr ferguson thanks for leaving us with a ageing need in rebuilding team team you went out at the top but your also to blame for us ruin to the bottom

Because people have been banging on about it, for ages, and it totally misses the point. Of all the things going wrong, people focus on that?
It did break the record though, the highest amount of crosses by a team in a single team since opta started recording stats, and it was a post about records this season, so I was merely poking fun at our own team because I'm past the stage of being sad and depressed anymore?

time to go am sorry to say done to us what souness did to liverpool *** us up were so far behind in team and squad quality its untrue he has to go NOWsimply as but the owners need to follow we haven't bought quality like the others were miles away and we won't win anything in the next 5 years good job sunderland beat us so win dint get embarrassed by city in carling cup bottom line were **** or and van persie can f off as well do ya owe job b4 moaning of others!!on closing theses r the times to support ya team and mr ferguson thanks for leaving us with a ageing need in rebuilding team team you went out at the top but your also to blame for us ruin to the bottom

Deer lord. I know we are having the worst season in about a quater of a decade but you are being ridiculous. I don't understand about 90% of what you just wrote but what you just said about Fergie is one of the most pathetic comments I have seen from any fan I have ever seen. We are not at the bottom, yeah we have a slightly aged squad but Vidic, Evra, Carrick could play for another couple of years at the top level so that is bollocks as the average age of the united squad is 27 y/o. Not exactly old, and that number it self would be a lot lower if it wasn't for Giggsy. Also the lack of respect you are showing to your club and one of, if not the best manager the world has ever seen is repulsive.

P.S That bit in bold is important, because you just made yourself into a complete Hippocratic **** in the shortest possible time.

Last edited:
I think Mike is correct about one thing. Lets say DM is sacked now. Who do we replace him with?!

As far as Im concerned there are only the following candidates:

Mourinho - that train's gone forever sadly.
Klopp - At Dortmund (needs to be courted extensively)
Guardiola - Come off it.
Simeone - Too risky character wise and untried.
Hiddink - Too old.

Somebody ludicrously suggested in this thread to hire BIELSA! Mate sorry but do you follow international football?! The guy is talented but is deranged CANNOT work long term and tends to lose the plot/players within two seasons!

Last edited:
Deer lord. I know we are having the worst season in about a quater of a decade but you are being ridiculous. I don't understand about 90% of what you just wrote but what you just said about Fergie is one of the most pathetic comments I have seen from any fan I have ever seen. We are not at the bottom, yeah we have a slightly aged squad but Vidic, Evra, Carrick could play for another couple of years at the top level so that is bollocks as the average age of the united squad is 27 y/o. Not exactly old, and that number it self would be a lot lower if it wasn't for Giggsy. Also the lack of respect you are showing to your club and one of, if not the best manager the world has ever seen is repulsive.

P.S That bit in bold is important, because you just made yourself into a complete Hippocratic **** in the shortest possible time.

smalling jones cleverley buttner young hernendez anderson good enough players after vidic ferdinand evra?? we only gave rooney a kings ransom to save total embarrassment as for carsick well you just tell me which of these players would get a game for arsenal liverpool chelsea or city none is the answer **** wipe you must know totally nowt bout football

I think Mike is correct about one thing. Lets say DM is sacked now. Who do we replace him with?!

As far as Im concerned there are only the following candidates:

Mourinho - that train's gone forever sadly.
Klopp - At Dortmund (needs to be courted extensively)
Guardiola - Come off it.
Simeone - Too risky character wise and untried.
Hiddink - Too old.

Somebody ludicrously suggested in this thread to hire BIELSA! Mate sorry but do you follow international football?! The guy is talented but is deranged CANNOT work long term and tends to lose the plot/players within two seasons!
We are past the stage where we can actually sack DM anymore. This season is already in total ruins and no one would want to step in right now and risk ruining their reputation and CV. At this point there is no season to save - we are out of FA and League Cup and nearly out of the top 4 race and CL. Even if we go out of the CL this round and fail to qualify for next season's, it is a blow that the club can still afford to take. Not to mention that we had already committed to a Moyes-led rebuilding process so we might as well stick with it for a while more because we simply do not have any other options to choose from anymore.

just another fergie as gone moyes isn't good enough team not good enough

I don't think Bielsa speaks english at all...so there's that.

On a Liverpool game related note, you do play at home so we're unlikely to score 4.
That's a positive, right?

it seems that is why schiano was fired from the bucs aswell as poor results players were disenchanted with his methods, I'm drawing this comparison with their nfl team because frankly we have nothing else to go on because this is such a unique position to see united in it is totally alien. (Unless you are over 30 and can remember the dark days)

I think if he can somehow win the next 4 get a result against Liverpool and go through against olympiakos then it takes a bit of pressure off but then it's the derby. I think this is why it is imperative he wins the next 4 if they're struggling going into the derby and take a pasting I think he will be in trouble. ( but then is Liverpool arguably a bigger game than city I don't know because I'm a fan of neither)

I agree with you that I think any decision will take place in the summer but then it's that eternal question you keep asking people who to bring in next.

last time we were this low, it was 2005. media were baying for SAF to be sacked, and Rob Smyth wrote his infamous "shedding his legacy at every turn" piece. Ferguson told the players to believe iin him and that he would take them back to the top. But Ferguson has 10 years of winning behind him. He galvanised what was a dejected squad, regrouped, and won a hat trick of titles and the CL. The question is whether Moyes can galvanise the squad, if he cannot garner that faith, then the board may feel its a lost cause and cut him loose.

I've got to say that this is ******* delicious. After all the years of constant condescension from United fans, years of "you need stability like we have" and talk of how we're shallow, plastic fans for not supporting our managers through hard times, United fans up and down the country are eating their words.

I'd argue that the transitional Chelsea was a much better team than this United squad are. With them, it was sort of realistic to look at our interim managers and ask questions about why they're struggling. You're starting a Champion's League tie with 3 players who are woefully out of form, a pair of clearly disillusioned centrebacks and a striker who is clearly getting a little more than frustrated. And yet still the calls come out for Moyes' head, often from the same people who reacted to AVB, RDM and Scolari's dismissals with seeming disgust about the state of modern football.

Christ, it's not as easy as people in this thread make it sound. Yes this was, in theory, a title winning squad but everyone else in the league has strengthened since then whilst your squad has aged. Not to mention the fact that it was dragged to that title by one of the greatest managers of all time. Moyes hasn't shown a lot to suggest that he is the right man for the job since he's arrived at OT but it hasn't even been a full season yet. His tenure at Everton suggested he was a sharp, shrewd manager who had excellent potential. The squad isn't even his and there is obvious dissent from the former stars in the dressing room.

It's a shame because he's never going to get the chance to be United manager, he's just going to be the one who tanks all the damage for this painful transitional period. He needs a full season with a productive transfer window and a squad that's his own before we can really judge him.

I've got to say that this is ******* delicious. After all the years of constant condescension from United fans, years of "you need stability like we have" and talk of how we're shallow, plastic fans for not supporting our managers through hard times, United fans up and down the country are eating their words.

I'd argue that the transitional Chelsea was a much better team than this United squad are. With them, it was sort of realistic to look at our interim managers and ask questions about why they're struggling. You're starting a Champion's League tie with 3 players who are woefully out of form, a pair of clearly disillusioned centrebacks and a striker who is clearly getting a little more than frustrated. And yet still the calls come out for Moyes' head, often from the same people who reacted to AVB, RDM and Scolari's dismissals with seeming disgust about the state of modern football.

Christ, it's not as easy as people in this thread make it sound. Yes this was, in theory, a title winning squad but everyone else in the league has strengthened since then whilst your squad has aged. Not to mention the fact that it was dragged to that title by one of the greatest managers of all time. Moyes hasn't shown a lot to suggest that he is the right man for the job since he's arrived at OT but it hasn't even been a full season yet. His tenure at Everton suggested he was a sharp, shrewd manager who had excellent potential. The squad isn't even his and there is obvious dissent from the former stars in the dressing room.

It's a shame because he's never going to get the chance to be United manager, he's just going to be the one who tanks all the damage for this painful transitional period. He needs a full season with a productive transfer window and a squad that's his own before we can really judge him.
The call for stability hasn't changed one bit though. So that's kind of moot.

Back