The Manchester United Thread

Dude, its not been the peoples club ( or the peoples game) in a long time :(

Very tempted to get on my big red and blue "you need fans as owners" horse right now. It has its own special stable for it and everything.

Very tempted to get on my big red and blue "you need fans as owners" horse right now. It has its own special stable for it and everything.

It's a shame that stable is so far away from the horses with rich owners..

It's a shame that stable is so far away from the horses with rich owners..

On the other hand, the rich owner horses occasionally just escape from their stables and **** off forever.

Or there's the Newcastle owner stable, which seems to be perpetually on fire. :D

Somebody ludicrously suggested in this thread to hire BIELSA! Mate sorry but do you follow international football?! The guy is talented but is deranged CANNOT work long term and tends to lose the plot/players within two seasons!

Don't you dare belittle the utter madness that is Bielsa. Utter hero.

I had suggested Bielsa some 2 months ago. He is one of the best things that ever happened to football, as far as I'm concerned. I'd pay to see him manage a big team with ample resources.

think its time we sold carrick cleverly smalling Valencia rio needs to retire last night match was a complete joke but I will say Olympiakos played very well second goal was class wonder what ferguson thinks of this season performance very pour.

think its time we sold carrick cleverly smalling Valencia

The problem with that logic is that the players you would want to sell (apart from Carrick and possibly Smalling) are appalling, so no one is going to pay decent money for them. Keep them as squad players, I can't imagine Valencia and Cleverly are on too much. Young probably needs to go, but you need to improve the team to move it forward. Not completely gut it and then only sign a strong first team. Look at City/Chelsea, the two biggest title contenders with the two best squads by far.

Don't you dare belittle the utter madness that is Bielsa. Utter hero.

He may be an utter hero and Im not belittling him exactly. What I said about him are facts! (gawd I reminded myself of the hateful git that is Rafa Benitez now).

The problem with that logic is that the players you would want to sell (apart from Carrick and possibly Smalling) are appalling, so no one is going to pay decent money for them. Keep them as squad players, I can't imagine Valencia and Cleverly are on too much. Young probably needs to go, but you need to improve the team to move it forward. Not completely gut it and then only sign a strong first team. Look at City/Chelsea, the two biggest title contenders with the two best squads by far.

True I thought young played well last night every one looked lost.

Young was one of the better players last night. At least showed tenacity to get forward. Should have had an assist with the RVP chance.

It's the basics of football which we keep ******** up. Not making runs off the ball, not working the ball around to create a mistake. Everything was rushed when we tried to attack and it's no shock every goal is a struggle for us this season. Keane was right in saying the level of quality shown by United players has been a huge let down. Ferdinand, Vidic and Carrick playing hot potato when we're behind summed it up.

Ah, United.. the peoples club..

BhVdjiOIUAA6K5-.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/mikekeeganmen/status/438722915354562561
Don't know why she is complaining, should know the rules when they buy a season ticket you pay for the cup games on top.

Don't know why she is complaining, should know the rules when they buy a season ticket you pay for the cup games on top.

Probably because if she doesn't pay for the cup ticket she loses her ticket for the derby, it's just a pr nightmare more than out else really I'd be annoyed if it was me

Only thing that is keeping Moyes in a job is realistically the fact that this is one of the worst squads seen for quite some time at United, plus the fact he gets some leeway over Fergie choosing him.

I'd love to say I can see us getting great players in the summer and it being totally different next season, but with so much going wrong, it really is hard to see how he can turn it around.

Only thing that is keeping Moyes in a job is realistically the fact that this is one of the worst squads seen for quite some time at United, plus the fact he gets some leeway over Fergie choosing him.

I'd love to say I can see us getting great players in the summer and it being totally different next season, but with so much going wrong, it really is hard to see how he can turn it around.
A manager needs to impress players in person if he doesn't have a reputation to attract big players, and Moyes seems to lack even that. I think United team isn't as bad as they're currently performing, the defense and midfield seem unorganized, Rooney's role as no.10 seems weird as he sometimes uses RvP's space as striker and doesn't exploit the space behind him, rarely exchanges passes with striker except for kick off.

Moyes also doesn't seem good man-manager. I mean no one's going against him but he's unable to motive the team, to fight on the pitch.

Last edited:
Not too sure how Ferdinand is getting abuse for playing poorly, he made some mistakes but he hasn't played anywhere near enough games to throw him into a cauldron like that in such a big game. Some of Moyes' selections have baffled me at times this season but it would be a further backward step to change manager now, we have to give him another window and see how he deals with this squad transition. He's already showed a ruthlessness that is encouraging, I just wish he was a bit braver in playing attacking football. We have the players to do damage but they aren't getting the service quickly enough.

I'd like to see a smalling/jones partnership at the back, they worked so well in the u21's euro championship a few years back and both have the pace to allow for a higher defensive line and more pressing from midfield. The one real disappointment from us this season, and it was magnified in the loss on Tuesday, is the lack of confidence on the ball. Too many players are hiding away at the moment and trying to pass on the responsibility, so it would make more sense to throw in the younger, more confident players such as januzaj and welbeck.

Lets start building for the future now, rather than using players that won't be around next season.

Last edited:
Not too sure how Ferdinand is getting abuse for playing poorly, he made some mistakes but he hasn't played anywhere near enough games to throw him into a cauldron like that in such a big game. Some of Moyes' selections have baffled me at times this season but it would be a further backward step to change manager now, we have to give him another window and see how he deals with this squad transition. He's already showed a ruthlessness that is encouraging, I just wish he was a bit braver in playing attacking football. We have the players to do damage but they aren't getting the service quickly enough.

I'd like to see a smalling/jones partnership at the back, they worked so well in the u21's euro championship a few years back and both have the pace to allow for a higher defensive line and more pressing from midfield. The one real disappointment from us this season, and it was magnified in the loss on Tuesday, is the lack of confidence on the ball. Too many players are hiding away at the moment and trying to pass on the responsibility, so it would make more sense to throw in the younger, more confident players such as januzaj and welbeck.

Lets start building for the future now, rather than using players that won't be around next season.

Any idea why Fellaini wasn't played either? I thought he had his best game for United at Palace and then Moyes changes it for Cleverley.

It's frustrating to not even see any consistency in his selections either, not sure if I'm wrong in saying this but hasn't it been like 40 games in a row now without picking the same team twice in a row? How the **** is that meant to settle any team with some kind of form.

Agree with everything, but I'd rather see Jones/Evans personally.

Any idea why Fellaini wasn't played either? I thought he had his best game for United at Palace and then Moyes changes it for Cleverley.

It's frustrating to not even see any consistency in his selections either, not sure if I'm wrong in saying this but hasn't it been like 40 games in a row now without picking the same team twice in a row? How the **** is that meant to settle any team with some kind of form.

I think he was trying to build some confidence in Cleverley, which is understandable (since he wouldnt have expected such a poor overall showing) but he should have pulled him at half time.

Back