The Manchester United Thread

Incorrect as a a matter of fact. We did not lose quite badly. I can tell you now for a fact (to quote Rafa) that if Duncan Fergusons perfectly legitimate goal had not have been ruled out, we would have taken Villareal to extra time. Pierluigi Collina penalised Darren Bent for a shirt pull-when in fact it was vice versa.

Just thought I'd correct that for you

But please inform us how many times did you qualify for the CL and Europa League in the how many years Moyes was manager ... cos for some reason people keep missing the point ...

But please inform us how many times did you qualify for the CL and Europa League in the how many years Moyes was manager ... cos for some reason people keep missing the point ...

Why should I? You obviously are spot on about everything I won't waste energy. And I'm sick and f****** tired about this subject now. Go look it up.

[video=youtube;Bwo4kqOE6cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwo4kqOE6cc[/video]

Priceless ^^)

I cant believe the stupidity of Utd board still having this "fella" in the same position Legend Sir Alex was for decates.

They behave to the club like it is a small club that appoints just "someone" for the most demanding and crucial job of a football club.

Moyes is NOONE. His only acievement was a Manager of the Month award i think.

Sir Alex was a Europe Champion with Aberdeen before Utd. He had the Honours demanded to manage such a big club. This is how the job is done. You choose someone recognized to do the job, and even if he fails at first, your patience will be rewarded next year or the year after based on his recognized ability. Beeing patient with the "noone" is pointless.

What a shame for the board, really.

I cant believe the stupidity of Utd board still having this "fella" in the same position Legend Sir Alex was for decates.

They behave to the club like it is a small club that appoints just "someone" for the most demanding and crucial job of a football club.

Moyes is NOONE. His only acievement was a Manager of the Month award i think.

Sir Alex was a Europe Champion with Aberdeen before Utd. He had the Honours demanded to manage such a big club. This is how the job is done. You choose someone recognized to do the job, and even if he fails at first, your patience will be rewarded next year or the year after based on his recognized ability. Beeing patient with the "noone" is pointless.

What a shame for the board, really.

No-one? Really? Go learn some facts

Incorrect as a a matter of fact. We did not lose quite badly. I can tell you now for a fact (to quote Rafa) that if Duncan Fergusons perfectly legitimate goal had not have been ruled out, we would have taken Villareal to extra time. Pierluigi Collina penalised Darren Bent for a shirt pull-when in fact it was vice versa.

Just thought I'd correct that for you

Pretty good memory for a man of your years, there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it Marcus Bent? :P

[video=youtube_share;jCbqpXA5rRU]http://youtu.be/jCbqpXA5rRU[/video]

Good to see the old git so relaxed and enjoying himself. :)

Ignore me if you want. You cant ignore facts. And fact is he is noone based on his previous successes to be manager of such a big club. :) anyway

And what were Mourinho's credentials when he took over Porto? Being Boby Robson's translator? A failed stint at the helm of Benfica? I understand your concerns about Moyes having no experience in terms of trophies or managing "big" clubs, but reputation and past success isn't everything (or would you rather have Di Matteo?).

Ah, god ****, I knew I should've refreshed the page before posting.

And what were Mourinho's credentials when he took over Porto? Being Boby Robson's translator? A failed stint at the helm of Benfica? I understand your concerns about Moyes having no experience in terms of trophies or managing "big" clubs, but reputation and past success isn't everything (or would you rather have Di Matteo?).

He had a great season with a relegation favorite team. Gil Vicente i think??

GodCubed he was nobody for two years. Not 10+. And comparing those two ends the conversation.

GodCubed he was nobody for two years. Not 10+. And comparing those two ends the conversation.

It was Leiria.

That said, we were at risk of relegation before Moyes' arrival. In fact, it took him a little over a season to get the club moving forwards. Everton had been **** for a good while before he came in, and he left the club in far better shape than when he came in. I'm not saying he'll be a hit at United, and while I can agree with some of the criticism a lot of it has been waaaay over the top. And so far, you were probably the worst of the bunch, kudos.

You're a god **** idiot.

It was Leiria.

That said, we were at risk of relegation before Moyes' arrival. In fact, it took him a little over a season to get the club moving forwards. Everton had been **** for a good while before he came in, and he left the club in far better shape than when he came in. I'm not saying he'll be a hit at United, and while I can agree with some of the criticism a lot of it has been waaaay over the top. And so far, you were probably the worst of the bunch, kudos.

And this succinctly explains part of the reason why.

Moyes was not a 'nobody' for 10 years. He got Preston to back to back promotions before he even got to Everton, so he wasn't unknown even then. After that, he got Everton clear of the relegation threat in his first season and then built upon that with very little in the way of financial help for the next few years. In his final years Everton consistently threatened to get European football. In short, he took relegation candidates to be a staple of the top flight and a regular top ten team. If that's the mark of a nobody, I really don't want to see how high a bar you set for even 'somebody'.

Yes i am an idiot because i answered the "who Mourinho was" question without having in mind "where" the conversation will go considering i am discussing with people they support Moyes (oh my God)

1. Mourinho had IMMEDIATE succeses wherever he worked. His teams NEVER had the picture this year Utd have.
2. Mourinho had worked with Sir Bobby and Luis Van Ghal. Even as a translator, that is credencials,
3. Porto IS NOT Utd, Portuguese league IS NOT Premier League, genius Mourinho cannot be compared in any matter with a 50 years old manager that won NOTHING in his carreer.

11 years in Everton, not even a Cup win. I leave you smart people to discuss. Idiot out.

Yes i am an idiot because i answered the "who Mourinho was" question without having in mind "where" the conversation will go considering i am discussing with people they support Moyes (oh my God)

1. Mourinho had IMMEDIATE succeses wherever he worked. His teams NEVER had the picture this year Utd have.
2. Mourinho had worked with Sir Bobby and Luis Van Ghal. Even as a translator, that is credencials,
3. Porto IS NOT Utd, Portuguese league IS NOT Premier League, genius Mourinho cannot be compared in any matter with a 50 years old manager that won NOTHING in his carreer.

11 years in Everton, not even a Cup win. I leave you smart people to discuss. Idiot out.

Don't forget to get your coat.

Back