The Manchester United Thread

Doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I'm just weighing up one bad season vs work that needs to be done for long term. This is where I judge him, because this defines whether we go back to 2006-2009 levels. Now the club must watch his transfer window carefully. If he looks like he is getting it right, you back him into next season to build with those players , because worst case scenario you already have the right players if you need to let him go. If, however he looks like he is failing in the window, then you let him go in the window (if club is smart they will be looking at back up plans). Moyes already knows this, which is why he and Woodward have been setting up and moving players already. Because he lives and dies by this window. It's also why, barring a monumental fallout with all the players, he wont get sacked. that doesn't mean he gets to be average next season either, anything less than top 4 will see him sacked and I would say rightly so.

Hard to argue with that, but then I could say why even give him the summer to spend the money when it is likely not going to be him for much longer... judging on performances and what we've seen this season of course.

Kagawa with first half hattrick, albeit it's only against New Zealand.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Kagawa with first half hattrick, albeit it's only against New Zealand.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Great player with the right tactics, been absolutely wasted here so far... horrible to see.

Hard to argue with that, but then I could say why even give him the summer to spend the money when it is likely not going to be him for much longer... judging on performances and what we've seen this season of course.

This is where the rest of the season comes in, as I said about fallout with players etc. It's partly because there is a lot of quiet overhauling being done, egtting young players moved into the right areas, our scouting network being much more active than it used to be, changes to the academy. Moyes has been quietly getting praise for that. It wont save him should the first team stuff properly go to pot, but they are happy with that. Still time for Moyes to save some bit of face, or indeed get himself sacked. Not being helped by some of the players completely slacking off, and a few can have no complaints if they are shipped out. If you cant play for the manager, at least have the decency to play for the club and the fans.

So Vidic to Inter is officially done. Good that at least he joined Inter than any other team.

After winning leagues for fun now we have a major rebuild to do. Hopefully we won't fall far behind as it would be hard to climb back to top again.

We have to spend this summer and sell who ever is not needed. Just be ruthless. Like Bet Fred said in his interview, to make omelette you have to break egg.

There are some pretty good option for CB's out there. Benatia, Garay, Mangala, Kara Mboj (rouge player, but I think he's good enough) are all good enough to start for pretty much any top4 team in the league. Benatia is intelligent player. Not the tallest and strongest, but he has excellent game reading and he is pacy. He might be replacement for Rio. Other 3 are strong, tall, typical Prem CDs. Garay is slower than Mangala or Kara, but he has amazing technique for CD and he is pretty much in his prime. Mangala is difficult one, we would need to beat many clubs for him and play **** load of money. He might be worth it in the future, but for now, I would rather go for Benatia or Garay. Kara Mboj started his carrier as midfielder, but due his defensive strengths, body type and good pace he was moved to CB couple of seasons ago. He was pretty good in midfield, but he is tank in defense. He's the Vidic type of player. I would love to see him here, every team needs a crazy player, and Kara Mboj is one.

There are some pretty good option for CB's out there. Benatia, Garay, Mangala, Kara Mboj (rouge player, but I think he's good enough) are all good enough to start for pretty much any top4 team in the league. Benatia is intelligent player. Not the tallest and strongest, but he has excellent game reading and he is pacy. He might be replacement for Rio. Other 3 are strong, tall, typical Prem CDs. Garay is slower than Mangala or Kara, but he has amazing technique for CD and he is pretty much in his prime. Mangala is difficult one, we would need to beat many clubs for him and play **** load of money. He might be worth it in the future, but for now, I would rather go for Benatia or Garay. Kara Mboj started his carrier as midfielder, but due his defensive strengths, body type and good pace he was moved to CB couple of seasons ago. He was pretty good in midfield, but he is tank in defense. He's the Vidic type of player. I would love to see him here, every team needs a crazy player, and Kara Mboj is one.

I don't see much difference in price for Mangala and Benatia. Roma got around 30 Million for Marquinhos, 18 year old and played for Roma just 1 season. So I don't think they will sell Benatia for less than that. Mangala's price is somewhat similar.

I don't see much difference in price for Mangala and Benatia. Roma got around 30 Million for Marquinhos, 18 year old and played for Roma just 1 season. So I don't think they will sell Benatia for less than that. Mangala's price is somewhat similar.
Marquinhos is touted as Thiago Silva's successor. Plus he was on a long term contract and like you said, they only had him for a year. That added few millions here, and few millions there. Also, that was PSG, that on his own is worth few millions. Benatia is older, better and he will be cheaper. Around 20 millions, I think, should be enough.

There are some pretty good option for CB's out there. Benatia, Garay, Mangala, Kara Mboj (rouge player, but I think he's good enough) are all good enough to start for pretty much any top4 team in the league.

Dont think Garay is better than what we have and Benatia is overrated imho. If we are going on with this overhauling buisiness we d better do it correctly: pay the real dosh and get the world class player (or at least the player with wc potential) that is MANGALA.

Dont think Garay is better than what we have and Benatia is overrated imho. If we are going on with this overhauling buisiness we d better do it correctly: pay the real dosh and get the world class player (or at least the player with wc potential) that is MANGALA.

Woah, I will hear NOTHING against Benatia! Seriously though, I watch a lot of italian football for work, he's not overated. Had France treated him better when he was younger, he would be playing for them alongside Mangala. Benatia is definitely up there.

Last edited:
Woah, I will hear NOTHING against Benatia! Seriously though, I watch a lot of italian football for work, he's not overated. Had France treated him better when he was younger, he would be playing for then alongside Mangala. Benatia is definitely up there.

where do you work?

I'm Portuguese and I saw all games that Mangala played since he arrived to Porto and he has the potential to be a world class player, he is easily the fastest CB in the world and a beast in the air but he needs to improve his concentration, some times he seems to be off the game but whoever wants to have him will need to spend a lot of money!

Back