The Manchester United Thread

This would never of been dealt with like this mid-season under Fergie... the whole Vidic thing.

This would never of been dealt with like this mid-season under Fergie... the whole Vidic thing.

It must be quite awkward playing with someone who's supposed to be your captain but has been photographed looking so happy that he's leaving the club.

Dont think Garay is better than what we have and Benatia is overrated imho. If we are going on with this overhauling buisiness we d better do it correctly: pay the real dosh and get the world class player (or at least the player with wc potential) that is MANGALA.
Garay might not be better then we have now, since Vidic is still here, but when he leaves, he would be better than anyone. Evans is close, Smalling needs more games, Jones is Jones. Plus Garay is modern CB whos good under pressure. We don't have that kind of player in defense. Again, Evans is close, but Garay is on another level.
Benatia is better than Mangala. That how high I rate him. Managala probably will be better, but I have cheeky feeling Smalling is going to be world class. Dunno why.

It must be quite awkward playing with someone who's supposed to be your captain but has been photographed looking so happy that he's leaving the club.

Weird one really. What does he do? Not smile at the Inter camera?

It would have been, because when else is he going to talk to Inter?

You don't let everyone know your captain is leaving for another club mid-season.... it's utter stupidity. All the claims of players being half-arsed and then they do this.

If it was Fergie he would of told Vidic and Inter to announce his decision at the end of the season, that includes the whole episode of "I want a new challenge" as well.

You don't let everyone know your captain is leaving for another club mid-season.... it's utter stupidity. All the claims of players being half-arsed and then they do this.

If it was Fergie he would of told Vidic and Inter to announce his decision at the end of the season, that includes the whole episode of "I want a new challenge" as well.

But then if they don't say anything and then his contract is running out anyway the rumour mill will start so its a catch 22

But then if they don't say anything and then his contract is running out anyway the rumour mill will start so its a catch 22

Club is struggling, lets tell everyone our captain is leaving and where he's going in the middle of all our woes. Well done chaps, well done.. brilliantly handled.... rumours happen every day... this is just nonsense to of been done now.

It would have come out long before the end of the season. And Inter would have announced it for their own benefit anyway. There is a reason why Thohir is being quite public about it: building up a portfolio for Inter's commercial market. United are massively popular where he is from, and he is using the current captain as way to build Inter's profile there.

Club is struggling, lets tell everyone our captain is leaving and where he's going in the middle of all our woes. Well done chaps, well done.. brilliantly handled.... rumours happen every day... this is just nonsense to of been done now.

But then I guarantee if nothing was said you would be lambasting moyes for the silence. Players move all the time he will be replaced and its not like he is ever present I sure I saw on sky he had only played 60 odd times in last 3 years or whatever .

It would have come out long before the end of the season. And Inter would have announced it for their own benefit anyway. There is a reason why Thohir is being quite public about it: building up a portfolio for Inter's commercial market. United are massively popular where he is from, and he is using the current captain as way to build Inter's profile there.

If Fergie had of told Vidic to not let the club getting him announce it until the end of the season, I'm sure it could of been done.

Or... Moyes... whatever manager is in charge!

If Fergie had of told Vidic to not let the club getting him announce it until the end of the season, I'm sure it could of been done.

Or... Moyes... whatever manager is in charge!

Ferguson, or Moyes, would have no ability to control Inter announcing it once he signs the contract. Thohir is not going to sit on a big opportunity for him just to make us happy. The best thing that was going to happen was the way it did: Allow United to announce it first (will bet you any money United, Vidic and Inter had already struck something). Then Inter to announce it later, and thank United (which is what they did).

Ferguson, or Moyes, would have no ability to control Inter announcing it once he signs the contract. Thohir is not going to sit on a big opportunity for him just to make us happy. The best thing that was going to happen was the way it did: Allow United to announce it first (will bet you any money United, Vidic and Inter had already struck something). Then Inter to announce it later, and thank United (which is what they did).

No, if Vidic had requested it out of pure respect for the club and knowing our current struggles, Inter would of obliged.

This certainly doesn't help anything United related.

No, if Vidic had requested it out of pure respect for the club and knowing our current struggles, Inter would of obliged.

This certainly doesn't help anything United related.
Er, not they wouldnt. You underestimate how big a coup this is. Although I cant see how the club would be at fault for Vidic not requesting it (not that it would make a difference).

How about United saying nothing, then Inter announcing the deal? Much worse.

Surprised you are mentioning this now. Pretty much been a done deal for about a month.

Er, not they wouldnt. You underestimate how big a coup this is.

How about United saying nothing, then Inter announcing the deal? Much worse.

Surprised you are mentioning this now. Pretty much been a done deal for about a month.

I just think Vidic and United could of handled it better, given our many problems right now. It would of been nice if Vidic could of held off making a decision of where he is playing until the end of this season, then none of this would of happened anyway.

I just think Vidic and United could of handled it better, given our many problems right now. It would of been nice if Vidic could of held off making a decision of where he is playing until the end of this season, then none of this would of happened anyway.

I doubt the opportunity could have waited. Vidic is not an idiot, neither is Moyes. If it could have been done in the summer, it would have. But both understand that something like this is not staying quiet for 5 months in this era, **** we heard Inter were interested long before United announced he was leaving.. There is a reason Ferguson didnt tell his own brother he was retiring.

I for one don't see any problem with Vidic announcing he is leaving or signing with Inter as it was so obvious where he would go and it would be nice for all the fans to know what's really going on instead of cover ups everytime.

I'm sure Moyes knows Vidic has made up his mind that he is leaving and most of the players knows too. So whether it becomes public or not doesn't really matter.

If we have to drop either Rooney or RVP whom would you drop? I was discussing this elsewhere that our team looks lot more balanced and free flowing when Kagawa played as #10.

So if Moyes or any other ManUtd manager decides to play with only 1 striker who will be in your team?

Mine would be

Fellaini Carrick/New CM

Januzaj Mata Kagawa

Rooney

I love RVP but given the choice I would pick Rooney as Rooney proved if he is played as #9, he scores goals. And Rooney covers our midfield problems better than RVP.

If we have to drop either Rooney or RVP whom would you drop? I was discussing this elsewhere that our team looks lot more balanced and free flowing when Kagawa played as #10.

So if Moyes or any other ManUtd manager decides to play with only 1 striker who will be in your team?

Mine would be

Fellaini Carrick/New CM

Januzaj Mata Kagawa

Rooney

I love RVP but given the choice I would pick Rooney as Rooney proved if he is played as #9, he scores goals. And Rooney covers our midfield problems better than RVP.

The link up and one touch play of that front four will be great. All technical players capable of creating and don't give up ball under pressure (don't know about Januzaj, he seems weak at holding on to ball from what I've seen but it's only going to improve)

Rooney operates more like a deep lying forward and that front four would be great if your manager went a bit adventurous. I admit I do not watch many United games but from what I've watched, players seem to lack composure on the ball. Especially the get wide, cross or long aerial balls for RvP from deep. He is not a Target Man.

That four, *if used properly* in a fluid manner can cover the midfield deficiencies.

Back