The Manchester United Thread

Although I'd like to add that a player who makes runs would be a great mix to that bunch of creative players, which Rooney does not. Chelsea have Schurrle and even Hazard can make runs like a poacher looking to score. Arsenal have(had?) Walcott and Chamberlain looks decent.

It provides a different dynamic.

Note this all is just because of my love for the game, I, as a Chelsea fan would not really want that to work, lol.

Although I'd like to add that a player who makes runs would be a great mix to that bunch of creative players, which Rooney does not. Chelsea have Schurrle and even Hazard can make runs like a poacher looking to score. Arsenal have(had?) Walcott and Chamberlain looks decent.

It provides a different dynamic.

Note this all is just because of my love for the game, I, as a Chelsea fan would not really want that to work, lol.

When Rooney played as lone striker he made some excellent runs. In 2008-09 season his movement was great, so was when he played with Hernandez.

RVP and Rooney are great players but I'm starting to doubt their quality as a pair.

When I've watched they barely seem to pass the ball to each other at all :/

Yeah, that is also to do with tactics imo. We play so deep and we play long ball to RVP and Rooney and RVP are isolated. Also they really lack understanding or ignore runs of each other for sure.

Rooney probably... it's a hard call. But I'll pick Rooney simply because RVP has been a whiney baby who has looked disinterested last few games.

Weird one really. What does he do? Not smile at the Inter camera?

Why do pictures need to be taken/released when he still has so long on his current contract. Just seems a bit of a cunty thing to do. Just get the pictures out there when he actually moves.

Why do pictures need to be taken/released when he still has so long on his current contract. Just seems a bit of a cunty thing to do. Just get the pictures out there when he actually moves.

Important for Thorir and Inter to bandy it about. United are huge in his country (Malaysia) and he wants to use Vidic off the pitch for marketing rights to make Inter money.

Important for Thorir and Inter to bandy it about. United are huge in his country (Malaysia) and he wants to use Vidic off the pitch for marketing rights to make Inter money.

Indonesian ;)

That's exactly the reason he made it public and released pics. Marketing at which Inter sucked till date.

Indonesian ;)

That's exactly the reason he made it public and released pics. Marketing at which Inter sucked till date.

Close enough :P. It's pretty much most of the Far East who are United mad. And yes Inter's marketing has been awful for years. With FFP, Thohir knows he has to improve that quickly.

Important it may be for them, but it doesn't show a lot of respect for the club he's signing from.

Important it may be for them, but it doesn't show a lot of respect for the club he's signing from.
Perhaps, but then we are not Inter's primary concern. Better for it to be out in the open, than United saying nothing and Inter announcing it.

Perhaps, but then we are not Inter's primary concern. Better for it to be out in the open, than United saying nothing and Inter announcing it.

Inters primary concern should be the happiness of their player? Who probably won't be as happy now if he's stripped of the captaincy and has an awkward few months before joining them. Not debating that it should be announced, but that the pictures of him grinning over a new contract is pretty tasteless.

Er, not they wouldnt. You underestimate how big a coup this is. Although I cant see how the club would be at fault for Vidic not requesting it (not that it would make a difference).

How about United saying nothing, then Inter announcing the deal? Much worse.

Surprised you are mentioning this now. Pretty much been a done deal for about a month.

He kisses the badge on his chest, then puts in a transfer request.

Inters primary concern should be the happiness of their player? Who probably won't be as happy now if he's stripped of the captaincy and has an awkward few months before joining them. Not debating that it should be announced, but that the pictures of him grinning over a new contract is pretty tasteless.

Given that the club have known he would be leaving for some time (they officially announced it a month or so ago), the captaincy (and what happens with it) will surely have been discussed (IIRC Moyes said he would be remaining captain at that point). This deal hasnt suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

Last edited:
This deal hasnt suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

No ****. I'm not saying that. If this had happened when you weren't in a massive slump and playing like complete spoons then I wouldn't have an issue with it. To do it when the team you're leaving are in a such a sate just seems a kick in the teeth to me.

I wouldn't like seeing any Newcastle player do that, for example, no matter how long it's been known that they are planning on leaving. Should be focused on your club until the end of the season, not posing for photographs with your new contract. If he has a few bad games you are going to see people raging about how he does not give a **** about United any more, and can you blame them?

No ****. I'm not saying that. If this had happened when you weren't in a massive slump and playing like complete spoons then I wouldn't have an issue with it. To do it when the team you're leaving are in a such a sate just seems a kick in the teeth to me.

I wouldn't like seeing any Newcastle player do that, for example, no matter how long it's been known that they are planning on leaving. Should be focused on your club until the end of the season, not posing for photographs with your new contract. If he has a few bad games you are going to see people raging about how he does not give a **** about United any more, and can you blame them?

Right after they annouced it, he had a bit of a stormer at Arsenal. Signing a contract isnt going to stop him being focused anymore than already knowing he is leaving is. I personally don't see it as big issue to be honest. Lewandowski announced his deal when Dortmund were currently 4th and not playing well ( they are 2nd again) If people are going to jump to conclusions, thats on them, can't stop doing things because some might not like it.

Back