The Manchester United Thread

Important it may be for them, but it doesn't show a lot of respect for the club he's signing from.

Give the guy some credit, soldiers don't bleed at warzones as often as he bled for United. I'd imagine in his mind it seemed fine because either way he never takes foot of gas and always gives his 100% in every game. Ultimately performances speak louder then PR stunts.

At least it's change. No Zezy whining for a couple of hours. Just Newcastle fan whining about Vidic. It's refreshing.

At least it's change. No Zezy whining for a couple of hours. Just Newcastle fan whining about Vidic. It's refreshing.

Despite ignoring the fact that Dunc has been arguing the exact same point I was on about... Vidic was wrong to do this.. why don't you go re-read my last posts rather than assuming I was whining.

The only time I whine is over Moyes and I have every right to as well. Mike Bassett could be doing as good a job.

Oh and how lame Rooney is for ?300k a week, absolutely ridiculous, still can't get over that.

Last edited:
Despite ignoring the fact that Dunc has been arguing the exact same point I was on about... Vidic was wrong to do this.. why don't you go re-read my last posts rather than assuming I was whining.

The only time I whine is over Moyes and I have every right to as well. Mike Bassett could be doing as good a job.

Oh and how lame Rooney is for ?300k a week, absolutely ridiculous, still can't get over that.
While Rooney's wages look very disproportionate when viewed objectively, it's actually a fair deal for United. To somewhat misuse an economic concept, the price of something is determined by the supply and demand of it: for United, there is little supply of world-class players since not many will want to join, although their current form means that they have an urgent demand for a Rooney-esque talisman who can help with their so-called revival.

Right after they annouced it, he had a bit of a stormer at Arsenal. Signing a contract isnt going to stop him being focused anymore than already knowing he is leaving is. I personally don't see it as big issue to be honest. Lewandowski announced his deal when Dortmund were currently 4th and not playing well ( they are 2nd again) If people are going to jump to conclusions, thats on them, can't stop doing things because some might not like it.

Yeah Mike, spot on. This is SUCH a non topic/event ....

Also, who the **** does Vidic think he is thinking about his future? Utter ****.

You know Rooney is still on the same basic 250k he was on before right. It's extra performance bonuses and things like euro qualifications that will get him to 300k a week.

You know Rooney is still on the same basic 250k he was on before right. It's extra performance bonuses and things like euro qualifications that will get him to 300k a week.

Then I suppose he won't be getting a raise any time soon :P

Just found this on youtube, fffing hilarious

[video=youtube;rREFouII5tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREFouII5tQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

OK FINE 250K, if we be picky.

But he hasn't looked worthy of 50k last few games, I really genuinely think he hinders this team, he's not a no.10 and we have better in that position, but we will play him there regardless and let our other talents suffer by playing out wide or on the bench.

OK FINE 250K, if we be picky.

But he hasn't looked worthy of 50k last few games, I really genuinely think he hinders this team, he's not a no.10 and we have better in that position, but we will play him there regardless and let our other talents suffer by playing out wide or on the bench.

There isn't a player in our team who is capable of covering midfield cracks like Rooney.

As expected, no change with the Captaincy.

So on one-hand Moyes says he is planning for the future... then Vidic remains captain... dafuq.

I swear he doesn't help himself, he really doesn't.

So on one-hand Moyes says he is planning for the future... then Vidic remains captain... dafuq.

We are already in a huge mess, changing the captain now doesn't help one bit.

Awww Moyes has written us a lovely letter. Fancy that! Now I AM persuaded that he IS the right man for the job.

you can plan for the future with Vidic still captain...
Why would he take the captaincy away now? We've known for 2 months he was leaving.

We are already in a huge mess, changing the captain now doesn't help one bit.

Vidic might be leaving, but he hasn't shown anything saying he isn't giving as much as he can, look at the Arsenal game. The problem is that his body cannot keep up with what he wants to give right now.

Back