The Manchester United Thread

you can plan for the future with Vidic still captain...
Why would he take the captaincy away now? We've known for 2 months he was leaving.

Yes and while we're at it why don't we put a sign up outside Old Trafford. "If you leave us mid-season, we shall still value you".

Playing Vidic now is just a waste, why would we want to even involve him now. Idc what he's done in the past, he's disrespected the club by doing it like this... so why we even play him anymore this season is beyond me.

Yes and while we're at it why don't we put a sign up outside Old Trafford. "If you leave us mid-season, we shall still value you".

Playing Vidic now is just a waste, why would we want to even involve him now. Idc what he's done in the past, he's disrespected the club by doing it like this... so why we even play him anymore this season is beyond me.
How has be disrespected the club. He isn't leaving mid season, but at the end of the season club have decided not to give him a contract. Anyway, the key is not you, but the players, who clearly still see him as a leader. Of course we still value him. Dunc this is what I mean about not doing stuff just because someone overreacts.

Vidic is still a good defender, unlike Ferdinand. Not playing Vidic would mean we have 3 defenders and Rio, and one is often at right back. Can't afford to not play him for some arbitrary reason.

Mate this is really a non issue ... leave it. You re not persuading anyone ...

How has be disrespected the club. He isn't leaving mid season, but at the end of the season club have decided not to give him a contract. Anyway, the key is not you, but the players, who clearly still see him as a leader. Of course we still value him. Dunc this is what I mean about not doing stuff just because someone overreacts.

No because he could CLEARLY of made a decision on his club future at the end of the season, are you telling me even if for some magical reason Inter didn't still want him there wouldn't be just as good offers anyway?

If we have to play him due to injuries or suspensions/lack of other players then of course. But to my mind if Jones/Smalling/Evans are fit they should be priority. Future building.

No because he could CLEARLY of made a decision on his club future at the end of the season, are you telling me even if for some magical reason Inter didn't still want him there wouldn't be just as good offers anyway?

If we have to play him due to injuries or suspensions/lack of other players then of course. But to my mind if Jones/Smalling/Evans are fit they should be priority. Future building.

Because Inter wanted the deal now, Inter is the team he wanted to join. You think he should gamble his future, to make you happy?

The others are going to play. Moyes has already said he will slowly phase Vidic out as the season goes on, but he's not going throw out an experienced defender who is still good, just for the **** of it.

Last edited:
Any day now I expect zzeezzy to blame Moyes for the bad weather.

Vidic might be leaving, but he hasn't shown anything saying he isn't giving as much as he can, look at the Arsenal game. The problem is that his body cannot keep up with what he wants to give right now.
That's why I didn't want us to change our captain. I still see him throwing his body in the way just to block shots and that is more than what some other players in the team would currently offer for the team.

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Januzaj; van Persie.

Good Moyes, good. Good boy. Just do Rijkaard and let the boys play how they want.

That's the way Big Maurane. Hurt them, be a **** you are. Learn them to be afraid of you. United obviously miss that. Btw, Fellaini is having a decent game. Winning tackles with ease, just need to go more forward.

I'm sorry, but that's a red card. Yet another decision go against United.

And that has nothing to do with RVP.
Does it not? Welbeck created a lot more than him today in just half an hour. His free kick aside again just another sulky average performance from Robin I thought. Maybe too many players in his way again.

Does it not? Welbeck created a lot more than him today in just half an hour. His free kick aside again just another sulky average performance from Robin I thought. Maybe too many players in his way again.
That second goal opened up more space. It gave players the confidence to pass the ball around and forward. There were much more space between defense and midfield after Rooney scored.

And that has nothing to do with RVP.

It has. Welbeck links up well with Rooney than RVP. RVP is clearly superior player but his partnership with Rooney is not better than Welbeck/Rooney IMO. Without RVP, Rooney, Welbeck, Mata, Januzak/Kagawa all were more mobile and were quicker. This season I always got the impression that RVP is slowing us down.

Would be fantastic if he can play well with Rooney, Mata but things are not looking good.

Welbeck has scored 9 goals in the league and 10 goals in total from 13 starts and 7 sub appearances.

He didn't even play all games as striker, that's a fantastic return from 3rd choice striker and with run of games as striker I have no doubt we will see much better goal return from him.

In before Zezy praises Moyes for benching Vidic.

Future building, it was the right decision, I called it, I'm right... as always. Big head comment over.

Any day now I expect zzeezzy to blame Moyes for the bad weather.

So where do I specify Moyes is to blame about the Vidic thing? Please enlighten me on that.

Future building, it was the right decision, I called it, I'm right... as always. Big head comment over.

So where do I specify Moyes is to blame about the Vidic thing? Please enlighten me on that.
If you were always right wouldn't have had a pop at Moyes over it, it was in his press conference.

Back