The Manchester United Thread

Not surprising at all. Commercially, United will always be very attractive. Share price will only head north once the new deal with Nike is announced and performances on the pitch improve, I mean they can't get any worse now right?

That said, I think the main question most normal football fans will be concerned with is whether United still retain their previous lustre and attractiveness in a footballing sense. Answer to that is murky at best atm

Mata has played centrally in every game. He starts on right flank but plays centrally every time. Heat map confirms this. Would expect these type of articles from daily mail, mirror not from ESPN which imo posts some very good ones.

Last edited:
Mata has played centrally in every game. He starts on right flank but plays centrally every time. Heat map confirms this. Would expect these type of articles from daily mail, mirror not from ESPN which imo posts some very good ones.

It's also fine because he never said, he said he likes to drift and pay between the lines. Which he already does.

But, but, United is so unattractive now. W-who would want to mess with Untied now :(

Anyone who has good business sense.

United may be becoming less and less attractive to players as they **** up on the pitch, but they're still one of the three biggest commercial powerhouse football teams in the world along with the Spanish big two.

Anyone who has good business sense.

United may be becoming less and less attractive to players as they **** up on the pitch, but they're still one of the three biggest commercial powerhouse football teams in the world along with the Spanish big two.

Think Bayern should be added to that list as well

Not yet IMO. Despite their recent success, the revenues earned from winning Bundesliga aren't close to PL and maybe even La Liga. And Bayern sucking their competition off is no help.

Bayern don't have anywhere near the global reach the other three do, absolutely nowhere near. They're huge in Germany, but their commercial reach in huge profit makers like Asia and so on and so forth is tiny compared to say Real Madrid.

Waving cash in front of PORTO usually does the trick (as history shows) ...
This is true, but the only problem for United is that City can offer more, if they want to. So if the rumours are to be believed, City will be in a better position to get Mangala, whereas they reportedly aren't interested in Benatia.

Waving cash in front of PORTO usually does the trick (as history shows) ...

It's usually a lot of cash, though, and as TheFalse9 pointed out City (and you can probably add Monaco and PSG to that list, as a promising French defender won't go unnoticed by those two) can offer more money in the bidding war that is sure to ensue (and that Porto will be only too happy to encourage).

It's usually a lot of cash, though, and as TheFalse9 pointed out City (and you can probably add Monaco and PSG to that list, as a promising French defender won't go unnoticed by those two) can offer more money in the bidding war that is sure to ensue (and that Porto will be only too happy to encourage).

I don't think PSG will be interested in him. They have best CB in the world and one of the best Young CB. None of them wants to be rotated, so I don't think they will be interested to spend 30-40 Million for a CB.

What makes you think that Benatia would want to leave Roma after one season?

What makes you think that Benatia would want to leave Roma after one season?

IIRC don't Roma have financial issues so it may be a case of having to sell? I know they got what about 30 million for lamela but I'm sure they have financial problems not Valencia size problems but problems nonetheless similar to a few Italian clubs when the tv deal went **** up a few years back

Last edited:
I don't think PSG will be interested in him. They have best CB in the world and one of the best Young CB. None of them wants to be rotated, so I don't think they will be interested to spend 30-40 Million for a CB.

Alex will be off sooner rather than later, and Mangala would be a good option to replace him.

Back