The Manchester United Thread

1. Based on?
2. Who knows.
3. I absolutely love how everyone suddenly claims to be a body language expert when it comes to footballers.

1. Reasonable/clever etc - have you ever seen a footballer speak?!
2. Exactly - who knows. A reason was given in a valid attempt to show that not all players will want to leave just because we have not done well for one season and I said that there can be other reasons and, well, who knows.
3. I didnt claim I was a body language expert where did I claim that? I merely said that to me it seems all is not well with RVP

1. Fergie once went 3 - THREE - seasons without winning the league. How dare we let him get away with that. 3rd would be a relatively solid season with how many new signings we need to make in the summer.
2. You mean like when they smashed our transfer record in January?
3. We're an awful lot richer and one of the best placed clubs in the world to compete in the FFP era.

1. SAF may have gone three seasons without winning the league but: FIRST- I was only being incredulous that a Man Utd fan would be satisfied by going two seasons not winning it. SECOND: It was SAF. He had won so much by then. You knew he'd steady the ship again.
2. Well, you either carefully read what people write before you reply or you miss the point entirely. I was very careful to qualify what I wrote by using the word "consistently" exactly due to the MATA transfer. Also please look at our net spend since the Americans took us over.
3. An awful lot richer? Than whom? Lfc? Well, yes but we also have more teams with a lot of money to compete with while being outside the CL positions as is likely we will be ...

Last edited:
Love how whenever I come on this forum, the only active thread is this one, with the same argument going around and round...

Also please look at our net spend since the Americans took us over.

And herein lies our current issues. They're also not idiots and know that they'll need to invest to maintain our position, and have shown every inclination so far to do it. Woodward has said as much that we're ready to spend large.

And herein lies our current issues. They're also not idiots and know that they'll need to invest to maintain our position, and have shown every inclination so far to do it. Woodward has said as much that we're ready to spend large.

I believe we will spend big. Not becaause I particularly believe Woodward, but because the manner in which he said put him on the line. He cannot afford to fail to live upto his own words again.

Yes, that is the hope. And the reasonable expectation. Its a do or die thing really ...

Yes, that is the hope. And the reasonable expectation. Its a do or die thing really ...

It always was. This season has a) made it more so b) shown up every single flaw that was papered over in last few years.

Well done Rafael, another big game where he makes big mistake. He's simply not material for these kind of games. Too much heat for him. And killed my desire to watch this game.

Wellbeck needs to be given a chance as a starter. RVP just doesn't seem to click with Mata-Rooney-Januzaj.

Betted 10 bucks on Man Utd losing 3-0 just for fun (after being dared by my friend), but now it seems rather possible. Wish I didn't make the bet because I'm quite confused as to what I want now.

Well done Rafael, another big game where he makes big mistake. He's simply not material for these kind of games. Too much heat for him. And killed my desire to watch this game.

More concerned about the total apathy shown. Moyes going to be hard pressed to finish the season if they play like that vs Olympiakos and City

Betted 10 bucks on Man Utd losing 3-0 just for fun (after being dared by my friend), but now it seems rather possible. Wish I didn't make the bet because I'm quite confused as to what I want now.

Easily fixed - if it ends up 0:3 you can give the money to me - this way you will get rid of the guilt.

More concerned about the total apathy shown. Moyes going to be hard pressed to finish the season if they play like that vs Olympiakos and City
I'm not. That's Moyes' fault. If he can't deal with it and fix it somehow, then he's not up to job. He should have time till the end of the season. If this continues, try to get replacement. This currently isn't working and he'll get a lot more people on his back after this game.

LOL.

3 Liverpool players pressing 8 United players on their on half and actually winning the ball back.

I don't even.

Gotta worry for Moyes now.. It's one thing losing, it's another losing to ******* Liverpool without showing any sort of desire or passion.

You know United are ****** when they need to turn a game on it's head and all they can do is send Tom ******* Cleverley to the pitch. Also, why take out Januzaj?

Back