The Manchester United Thread

Moyes (and we the poor supporters for having to endure stuff like Lfc -LFC ffs!!- coming to OT playing not particularly well and strolling to a 3-0 win, after enduring mostly gormless and directionless dross for a whole depressing season) should be put out of his misery asap and while we can still salvage NEXT season.

We should sack him and bring a caretaker in Queiroz/Meulensteen whoever I dont care but somebody who knows us. At the same time we should identify somebody to take over us from this coming June and start courting him. We are supposed to have available dosh. A lot should be waved in this guy's direction.

I dont like Van Gaal and I think De Boer is too much of a risk. What we need is a real kick up the back side.

The ideal would be to play dirty and try to get Mourinho but after overlooking him last season etc thats not realistic. In my mind there's only two other real candidates: KLOPP and SIMEONE. The latter is untested and would represent a risk but not a bigger one than appointing Moyes in the first place. Plus as I say above we really need a kick up the backside and SIMEONE is deranged/wild enough to administer it. Or go for KLOPP who's a more rounded option but still not in SAF'S/MOU'S/PEPE'S league).

Oh come on, we lost 3-0, don't rub salt and remind us that our best CB is leaving us :(

That chant is stupid. Sing about your club ffs. But at least fans are sticking together and actually making some noise.

Full credit to the United fans who kept singing at the end. Thought it'd be the final straw for a lot of fans with a loss to Liverpool.

Moyes (and we the poor supporters for having to endure stuff like Lfc -LFC ffs!!- coming to OT playing not particularly well and strolling to a 3-0 win, after enduring mostly gormless and directionless dross for a whole depressing season) should be put out of his misery asap and while we can still salvage NEXT season.

We should sack him and bring a caretaker in Queiroz/Meulensteen whoever I dont care but somebody who knows us. At the same time we should identify somebody to take over us from this coming June and start courting him. We are supposed to have available dosh. A lot should be waved in this guy's direction.

I dont like Van Gaal and I think De Boer is too much of a risk. What we need is a real kick up the back side.

The ideal would be to play dirty and try to get Mourinho but after overlooking him last season etc thats not realistic. In my mind there's only two other real candidates: KLOPP and SIMEONE. The latter is untested and would represent a risk but not a bigger one than appointing Moyes in the first place. Plus as I say above we really need a kick up the backside and SIMEONE is deranged/wild enough to administer it. Or go for KLOPP who's a more rounded option but still not in SAF'S/MOU'S/PEPE'S league).

Hiring Meulensteen would be even worse. Sacking Moyes without having someone lined up is pointless.

Full credit to the United fans who kept singing at the end. Thought it'd be the final straw for a lot of fans with a loss to Liverpool.

Stretford End are ******* fantastic. If the players and Moyes had shown even a quarter of their defiance it would been much closer.

We should sack him and bring a caretaker in Queiroz/Meulensteen

13928321523.gif

Let this happen. Please Santa let this happen. Oh baby...

Hiring Meulensteen would be even worse. Sacking Moyes without having someone lined up is pointless.

I mean come the **** on. Rene Meulensteen was pretty overrated by clueless United fans before, but even now, when he's utterly failed at Fulham to the point where he was even worse than his predecessor, he's STILL getting touted as a manager who can succeed right off the bat at this level? It's ******* laughable.

Please understand what Im saying. Im not saying that Meulensteen/Queiroz/**** even Mickey Phelan would be an improvement. What Im saying is that we need to identify who we want and then start seriously courting him over a period of time. And we cant court anyone while we have a manager. Theisseason is dead. Even if we overcome Olympiacos the other teams still in the CL have the capacity to really ridicule us. So what Im saying is get in somebody in for a couple of months so that we can court the one we identify and be able to get him in as soon as the season finishes so that we dont have a repetition of last season's summer tranny window.

Please understand what Im saying. Im not saying that Meulensteen/Queiroz/**** even Mickey Phelan would be an improvement. What Im saying is that we need to identify who we want and then start seriously courting him over a period of time. And we cant court anyone while we have a manager. Theisseason is dead. Even if we overcome Olympiacos the other teams still in the CL have the capacity to really ridicule us. So what Im saying is get in somebody in for a couple of months so that we can court the one we identify and be able to get him in as soon as the season finishes so that we dont have a repetition of last season's summer tranny window.

That's crazy. You can totally court someone while you have a manager. What WOULD make it harder is if United finish 9th or something due to inept management by the likes of Carlos ******* Queiroz.

I seriously doubt if its the right move to bring yet another 'prospect' unproven at the top level. Clearly this concept has backfired horribly with Moyes. Need a seasoned manager familiar with working at the best clubs who will right the ship for a few years and then you can experiment with Simeones and De Boers of the world. Van Gaal is definitely not the worst idea, although he is a bit of a slow starter so the club would have to accepted yet another fruitless season.

Should have probably gone for Benitez last summer. He would ruthlessly offload all the deadwood, steer the club through transition, and then you could fire him so you don't have to look at his goatee.

Last edited:
Don't see De Boer at the moment. Van Gaal is the only realistic one there. I'd like to see that, just to annoy Spurs fans.

They're making some noise FOR UNITED FANS. ;)

Lots of people in this thread aren't understanding this. Moyes isn't being protected here from anything other than the most ridiculous criticism. Past that he deserves everything he gets.

Not sure he had enough to begin with.

Yep, United fans were quiet for long period. Don't know why. If I can guess, they simply didn't care because Untied was winning.

I mean come the **** on. Rene Meulensteen was pretty overrated by clueless United fans before, but even now, when he's utterly failed at Fulham to the point where he was even worse than his predecessor, he's STILL getting touted as a manager who can succeed right off the bat at this level? It's ******* laughable.

FFS!!! You are really apt to jumping to ridiculous conclusions. Please afford us the same benefit of doubt (ie common sense) that we afford you!

OBVIOUSLY hiring Meulensteen (or Queiroz or whoever) permanently would be RIDICULOUS!!!! Thats not what I said and to even imagine that thats what I meant wanted (and calling me clueless in the process) is flipping annoying! I mean PURLEEEAAAAASEE!!!

That's crazy. You can totally court someone while you have a manager. What WOULD make it harder is if United finish 9th or something due to inept management by the likes of Carlos ******* Queiroz.

1. No you cant!! Its not proper and wouldnt have the necessary freedom.
2. Erm HELLLOOOOO? Sorry to wake you up from your slumber but we WILL anyway finisH "9th or something" DUE TO INEPT MANAGEMENT BY DAVID MOYES!!!!

Yep, United fans were quiet for long period. Don't know why. If I can guess, they simply didn't care because Untied was winning.

When a big club like United starts to lose, the real fans come to the fore, rather than the fair weather ones.

FFS!!! You are really apt to jumping to ridiculous conclusions. Please afford us the same benefit of doubt (ie common sense) that we afford you!

OBVIOUSLY hiring Meulensteen (or Queiroz or whoever) permanently would be RIDICULOUS!!!! Thats not what I said and to even imagine that thats what I meant wanted (and calling me clueless in the process) is flipping annoying! I mean PURLEEEAAAAASEE!!!

It's still ridiculous whether it's permanent or not.

1. No you cant!! Its not proper and wouldnt have the necessary freedom.
2. Erm HELLLOOOOO? Sorry to wake you up from your slumber but we WILL anyway finisH "9th or something" DUE TO INEPT MANAGEMENT BY DAVID MOYES!!!!

Yes you can, as evidenced by the fact that all clubs do it all the ******* time.

You might, but then what's the difference? Appointing Rene or Quieroz as managers won't actually help at all on the pitch, and off it all it'll do is make you look like you're a managerial merry go round, which would absolutely destroy you in the eyes of someone like Klopp, who values loyalty.

Yes you can, as evidenced by the fact that all clubs do it all the ******* time.

So you see no problem with keeping your supposedly long term manager in the job while at the same time courting somebody else like Klopp or whoever?!

If so, then nothing anybody says will make a difference innit?

Back