The Manchester United Thread

Not going to win a trophy? Not so bad. Transition season.
Not going to qualify for Champions league? Okay that's a little annoying but 1 season without it isn't going to destroy us.
Losing to fierce rival? Who cares at this stage? We've lost to them before, we'll be back to win another time.

Stop thinking that Man Utd are invincible, and that we could just swap around managers ***** nilly and still be one of the top clubs. We do not have the best squad. We have 1 world class player on his best day. Then we have 2 good players and the rest are average players or below. We need a major major overhaul and that takes time.

Give Moyes 3 years you impatient fools, not 8 months.

Not going to qualify for Champions league? Okay that's a little annoying but 1 season without it isn't going to destroy us.
Losing to fierce rival? Who cares at this stage? We've lost to them before, we'll be back to win another time.

Stop thinking that Man Utd are invincible, and that we could just swap around managers ***** nilly and still be one of the top clubs. We do not have the best squad. We have 1 world class player on his best day. Then we have 2 good players and the rest are average players or below. We need a major major overhaul and that takes time.

Our squad has potentially 5 so called 'world class players'. And I don't count Rooney there. Nani, De Gea, Vidic, RVP and Mata are all 'world class' most of the time.
It's not point in losing, it's the matter how United lose. There's no desire to win, it seems, that's the worst part. I'm very much in Moyes corner, cheering for him to succeeds, but I'm no fool, if it doesn't works, it this continues till the end of the season, then sorry, Moyes, but no, you're not the one getting us out of this trouble. Maybe some day in the future. 3 years are too much for club like United in this time.

Doesn't care if the team doesn't win anything, doesn't care if the team miss out on the most prestigious and wealthy tournament, doesn't care if the team loses to its fierce rivals and trampled all over by any club that is in top 6. Believes that his team are made up of below average players even though the very same team strolled towards the title last season.

Decent fan.

Ok seriously guys, please look at the reality of the situation. Did we stroll to the title last year? Yes. Have we played well at all over the last few years? (just look at our Europe performances to see the answer to that)

The club was/is aging, the youth aren't good enough (at least not good enough to be title winners) and this has been a problem for a while. The only thing keeping us up top was SAF and his tactics, the team has not been the best in the league for a while. SAF is gone and we're unlikely to get another manager like him in the near future, if at all.

The team needs some talented young players and the older players need to move in to tutoring roles.

I'm not saying the team is bad, nor that it deserved to be where it is, but with out current team we are not title winners. Admit that fact and save yourself some heartache. It's not a case of change the manager and we'll be fine.

You lost all credibility with that statement. He is world class at his best, unfortunately you will see that maybe two games a season if he is playing the majority of games.
Check his statistic. When fit, he's probably 'world class'. Too bad he's so injury prone.

Ok seriously guys, please look at the reality of the situation. Did we stroll to the title last year? Yes. Have we played well at all over the last few years? (just look at our Europe performances to see the answer to that)

The club was/is aging, the youth aren't good enough (at least not good enough to be title winners) and this has been a problem for a while. The only thing keeping us up top was SAF and his tactics, the team has not been the best in the league for a while. SAF is gone and we're unlikely to get another manager like him in the near future, if at all.

The team needs some talented young players and the older players need to move in to tutoring roles.

I'm not saying the team is bad, nor that it deserved to be where it is, but with out current team we are not title winners. Admit that fact and save yourself some heartache. It's not a case of change the manager and we'll be fine.
I don't expect us to be title winners though. I don't even expect us to get top 4 anymore. All I want is us putting up a decent performance at home against our bitter rivals. I don't even care about the result, I just want a performance from the players and manager that shows me they are trying. Unfortunately that's not the case today. It hasn't been the case for a long time already.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7B...p4?versionId=zFTIexZg7llA.QwQaLAQ5NDo4QDxG5gk

And look at this. I can't believe all the pundits and media in England thinks that Sturridge did not dive. If this was a non-English player he would be crucified and hanged.

I don't expect us to be title winners though. I don't even expect us to get top 4 anymore. All I want is us putting up a decent performance at home against our bitter rivals. I don't even care about the result, I just want a performance from the players and manager that shows me they are trying. Unfortunately that's not the case today. It hasn't been the case for a long time already.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7B...p4?versionId=zFTIexZg7llA.QwQaLAQ5NDo4QDxG5gk

And look at this. I can't believe all the pundits and media in England thinks that Sturridge did not dive. If this was a non-English player he would be crucified and hanged.

God if that was Suarez, the media would be stomping all over him.

Doesn't care if the team doesn't win anything, doesn't care if the team miss out on the most prestigious and wealthy tournament, doesn't care if the team loses to its fierce rivals and trampled all over by any club that is in top 6. Believes that his team are made up of below average players even though the very same team strolled towards the title last season.

Decent fan.

And yet people calling for our new manager, who has only been in the job for 8 months, to be sacked are better fans?
Please.

For the record, I never said I didn't care, just said it wasn't as bad. It could be a lot worse.

Seems to work for Chelsea.

Along with ?500 million.

It's not the fact we lost, it's the way we lost.

Sure, the way we lost was horrible. But at this stage of the season with whats happened, it should just be swept under the rug.

I've not seen one say he didn't...

For the record, I never said I didn't care, just said it wasn't as bad. It could be a lot worse.

"It could be worse" should be a mantra for clubs with Sam Allardyce as manager, not Manchester United.

"@OliverKayTimes: #MUFC have won as many points at home as Norwich this season (21), one more than Palace. They've scored as many goals at home (18) as Fulham."

"It could be worse" should be a mantra for clubs with Sam Allardyce as manager, not Manchester United.

There is a base level he still had to reach, even with lots of support and time. And he is falling way past them. He is falling past his own standards at Everton. I think if we fail to get beat the Greeks, he is a goner.

Back