The Manchester United Thread

Manchester Utd 0-3 Liverpool: Rodgers plays a diamond midfield, Liverpool win easily | Zonal Marking

The most peculiar thing was Moyes’ lack of action to fix United’s issues. He swapped Mata and Januzaj at one point, but this was the smallest tactical change possible, and did little to solve the problems. United had so many issues here – their defensive shape was poor, they weren’t competing in the centre of midfield, they didn’t have anyone to carry the ball forward on the counter-attack, the front two were contributing enough, and their movement was poor.

There were options on the bench, but Moyes waited until the 76th minute to make two (roughly) like-for-like changes, Danny Welbeck for Januzaj on the left, Tom Cleverley for Marouane Fellaini in the middle. Vidic was dismissed a minute later, and it was game over.

Manchester United's David Moyes was 'never interested in Everton youth team' | Football | theguardian.com

Interesting. I would have thought that for a club of Everton's finances, he would be more heavily involved in trying to promote players from the youth team. Seems his transfer strategy was mostly centered around finding hidden gems at dirt-cheap prices. Now he seems to swing to the other extreme considering the number of times he has been spotted scouting the likes of Pogba, Kroos and Vidal

Manchester United's David Moyes was 'never interested in Everton youth team' | Football | theguardian.com

Interesting. I would have thought that for a club of Everton's finances, he would be more heavily involved in trying to promote players from the youth team. Seems his transfer strategy was mostly centered around finding hidden gems at dirt-cheap prices. Now he seems to swing to the other extreme considering the number of times he has been spotted scouting the likes of Pogba, Kroos and Vidal

Very disappointed with Sheedy-I had him in high regard. DM position is already under great pressure, then he does this? **** move, **** move. We had to sell our prize possessions to get out of the severe debt we were in. He didn't want to but his hands were tied hence the Rooney sale, and the Rodwell debacle. The Gosling saga was a f*** up though

He also forgets half the time we had no choice but to play for draws or, like many Everton fans, does he forget about the fact half the time we were decimated by injuries.

don't be a noob Sheedy.

(I'm also hoping that only "selected" parts of comments were released aswell-we all know the press loves printing negatives)

Last edited:
Very disappointed with Sheedy-I had him in high regard. DM position is already under great pressure, then he does this? **** move, **** move. We had to sell our prize possessions to get out of the severe debt we were in. He didn't want to but his hands were tied hence the Rooney sale, and the Rodwell debacle. The Gosling saga was a f*** up though

He also forgets half the time we had no choice but to play for draws or, like many Everton fans, does he forget about the fact half the time we were decimated by injuries.

don't be a noob Sheedy.

(I'm also hoping that only "selected" parts of comments were released aswell-we all know the press loves printing negatives)

For what its worth, your club had him remove the comments.

The Giggs thing has left me feeling very uneasy. Assuming it happened: If he has done it in front of the other players, including younger ones, then I have serious issues with him on that. If its happened by behind closed doors and its been leaked then, less so. But openly undermining the manager is 100% not on. So keen to hear exactly what happened.

The Giggs thing has left me feeling very uneasy. Assuming it happened: If he has done it in front of the other players, including younger ones, then I have serious issues with him on that. If its happened by behind closed doors and its been leaked then, less so. But openly undermining the manager is 100% not on. So keen to hear exactly what happened.

Not sure where are you going with this. Assuming everything happened as its described, Giggs tried to keep things behind closed doors, but Moyes just ignores him to a point where Giggs doesn't even bother to show up for meetings.

There comes a time when the authority figure in the squad needs to step up and say what everybody thinks.

Lot of rumours going about Giggs and Moyes haven't got along well all season. Not something Moyes wants to do to endear himself to United fans. Saying that, we don't know who's in the right

Not sure where are you going with this. Assuming everything happened as its described, Giggs tried to keep things behind closed doors, but Moyes just ignores him to a point where Giggs doesn't even bother to show up for meetings.

There comes a time when the authority figure in the squad needs to step up and say what everybody thinks.

I'm talking about how it got into the press.

Lot of rumours going about Giggs and Moyes haven't got along well all season. Not something Moyes wants to do to endear himself to United fans. Saying that, we don't know who's in the right

It's weird. He puts Giggs on the staff (he is officially a player coach), and yet Giggs has disappeared from both on the pitch (expected) and off the pitch (not at all expected)

It's weird. He puts Giggs on the staff (he is officially a player coach), and yet Giggs has disappeared from both on the pitch (expected) and off the pitch (not at all expected)

Sounds like exactly what would happen if they did fall out. Giggs gets offered a coaching role at the start of the season, gladly accepts it, then gets frozen out on all levels as he gets more and more disillusioned and frustrated.

Sounds like exactly what would happen if they did fall out. Giggs gets offered a coaching role at the start of the season, gladly accepts it, then gets frozen out on all levels as he gets more and more disillusioned and frustrated.

If anything having someone like Giggs at his side would help him in terms of face. It's all getting very very ugly.

If anything having someone like Giggs at his side would help him in terms of face. It's all getting very very ugly.

It certainly is!

qfP8S.jpg

It's sad to see a person who worked with Moyes trying to destabilize his current position, which is already so bad.

Makes you wonder if Moyes brought the rest of his staff along just to shut them up.

God I hope moyes goes. Never thought he was the right man for the job. United is a monster and he hasn't got the tactacle capability to lead this team. And every interview he gives he ****** me off with that little smirk of a smile he gives,if he's watching the same game as the rest of us he should realise there nothing to smile about.

Moyes needs to be given another season. Let's just be honest here, do you guys really think changing the manager will fix all our problems? The problems in the team are deeper than just the manager, we need a team, like almost a whole team. We have a first team that will just about cut it, if they are all fit, and even then most of them are closer to retirement than their best days. Don't even get me started on our bench, it's pathetic for a team like United. We have no depth, and barely enough quality in the first team. SAF worked miracles with this team, miracles are not consistent. If ferguson thought he could do better, he would come out of retirement, but will he? No. He knows the problems in the team and he knows it's not a quick fix and if we're all honest, so do we.

We all want to win, and return to glory days, but let's not rush it. I'd rather build a team over three or four years and have a long period of winning than buying a team in a season or two and get an initial win before returning back to where we currently are. Let's do it properly and give Moyes time, it's a joint effort from Moyes, from the players and from us.

Back