The Manchester United Thread

What? He's been easily amongst the best players these last couple of weeks when he healed his injury.

Think that says rather more about the quality of United's midfield than it does Fellaini's, tbh.

So a team that won the league last year needs an excellent new CM, left back, right back and winger to achieve top 4? I'm not talking about who we need to sign or where we need to strengthen, but the fact that Moyes had been given the financial support to invest into the squad and yet the team seemed to have declined drastically and not even anywhere close to the bear minimum that one should expect from a manager of a top club.

I'm getting tired of this notion that our current squad is horrendous and are right where they belong. We do not have the best squad, but it is a squad that is more than capable of achieving top 4, especially after a 67 million investment.

Missing the point entirely. No one said it was horrendous. Moving on.

As for the 67m investment. Fellaini has been injured most of the season, and Mata has been here since Jan.

Last edited:
Think that says rather more about the quality of United's midfield than it does Fellaini's, tbh.

Quite. Been papering over the cracks for some time, testament to Ferguson. And lets not forget that Liverpool have massively improved. We should be much closer to them, but still facing a fight.

Assuming that's true, things are even worse - I would wary from giving 200m warchest to manager who brings 30m players that aren't even nearing word class.

But I think Fellaini will be a success at United...eventually.

Assuming that's true, things are even worse - I would wary from giving 200m warchest to manager who brings 30m players that aren't even nearing word class.

Easy for us to say now! Hindsight is 20/20, etc.

We played well, we were unlucky, we created so many chances.

I have a 6 year contract.

moyes_zps0ff5d0e1.jpg
There's that ****** smile again. What a plonker. We played quite well (grin), created slot of chances (grin) and I thought we where the better team (grin).

I'm sure giggs isn't the only one who'd want the United job.

Like in the immediate sense, Van Gaal is still managing Holland. AVB has just gotten a new job. Can't think of any competent manager who is readily available. So you literally will have to cede control to Giggs for the rest of the season which might push United even lower. Better to sack Moyes in the summer if that's what the board really want to do instead of doing it now and pushing the season to new lows

So what? This season is gone either way. Its not exactly unusual to have temporary manager finish the season. You of all people should know.

And ensure that United sink to new lows this season making them even more of an unattractive option come the summer

What are the odds that Giggs will do a better job than Moyes has been doing so far?

Given there is apparently a internal struggle, and the players are not all apparently behind Moyes, fairly decent. We just dont know yet. That's the point.

And ensure that United sink to new lows this season making them even more of an unattractive option come the summer

What are you even talking about. The only way they could become even more unattractive then they already are, is if they fall to Championship. Otherwise I seriously doubt new players will care about Europa League or whether United finished 7 or 8th.

Last edited:
Given there is apparently a internal struggle, and the players are not all apparently behind Moyes, fairly decent. We just dont know yet. That's the point.

Disagree ... Just because the players are behind Giggs, if they are at all, doesn't mean he will necessarily do better. Remember that the players were behind Moyes from the start as well. Look I really don't have any qualms about sacking Moyes but their needs to be a high probability that his replacement will improve the situation rather than asking someone like Giggs to warm the seat just for the sake of getting rid of Moyes

What are you even talking about. The only way they could become even more unattractive then they already are, is if they fall to Championship. Otherwise I seriously doubt new players will care about Europa League or whether United finished 7 or 8th.

I am pretty sure that if the trend of poor results continue then United will become even more unattractive and this is the most likely situation if Moyes does get the sack

If Van Gaal is ready to take over after the world cup then it's simple. Sign him now and make Giggs take over till then. Even if we just avoid relegation it doesn't matter as we have manager lined up already. And also it would help in making a move in transfer market much early as Van Gaal would give his transfer targets and the staff will work on getting them.

And I don't think Giggs can do any worse than Moyes. We have hit rock bottom and I don't see any positive with Moyes staying.

I wouldn't appoint Giggs yet myself-and I stress yet. Newcastle did that with Shearer and things did get worse. Something worth bearing in mind. Obviously Man Utd aren't threatened with relegation and never will be for many years to come, but still. Not something I'd do personally.

Another way to look at the situation is this.

Taking over from a manager like Alex was going to be tough for anybody because He was so successful. Not a lot of managers would have been brave enough to do it.
Now United are in need of rescue, it would be an attractive position for a top manager to come in, bring success and stroke his ego. Following Fergie was tough, following Moyes? Well? We all know the answer to that.

Just read an article where a united fan writes that he hopes we lose tonight and against city then the board will have little choice but to sack moyes. I can see where he is coming from. We have no chance of winning champions league and no chance of finishing in top 4. So a little pain will bring a big gain I.e moyes out van gaal/klopp in.

Just read an article where a united fan writes that he hopes we lose tonight and against city then the board will have little choice but to sack moyes. I can see where he is coming from. We have no chance of winning champions league and no chance of finishing in top 4. So a little pain will bring a big gain I.e moyes out van gaal/klopp in.
We've been over this. Sorry, but wishing your club to lose is idiotic. If Moyes is going to be sack, those 2-3 games wouldn't matter. Shouldn't matter! If he's that bad, then he'll screw it up in other games. But wishing to lose to one off your rivals is stupid.

Back