The Manchester United Thread

Seen his some quotes from his presser what a f*****g joke! The worst one is we are creating a lot of opportunities but just not putting them away. WTF we struggle to get any shots on target most games and so non exsistent as an attacking force, what a load of tosh. Then all he can say I have 6 yr contract with big grin on his face.

Seen his some quotes from his presser what a f*****g joke! The worst one is we are creating a lot of opportunities but just not putting them away. WTF we struggle to get any shots on target most games and so non exsistent as an attacking force, what a load of tosh. Then all he can say I have 6 yr contract with big grin on his face.
I realy do hate his Cheshire Cat grin. We create chances but fail to put them away, pull the other one moyes unless you consider 80+ crosses as a chance then yeah, things are tip top. If he spends this ?100+ million in the summer and things don't dramatically improve then united are ****** as any new manager wouldn't have the biggest kitty to work with. This is why I say get shot of him now, line up a top replacement for the summer who will want to bring in his own type of footballer playing a decent brand of football .

And create a bigger one when you realise that you can't replace him with anybody other than Giggs
Van gaal or klopp with g. Nev or giggs as no2 would be good. You've have the experienced manager with a no2 who know united inside out and thus understands what it means to have the privilidge to wear the famous shirt and play at a stadium that been home to some of the greatest players in history.

And create a bigger one when you realise that you can't replace him with anybody other than Giggs

So what? This season is gone either way. Its not exactly unusual to have temporary manager finish the season. You of all people should know.

We played well, we were unlucky, we created so many chances.

I have a 6 year contract.

moyes_zps0ff5d0e1.jpg

Moyes needs to be given another season. Let's just be honest here, do you guys really think changing the manager will fix all our problems? The problems in the team are deeper than just the manager, we need a team, like almost a whole team. We have a first team that will just about cut it, if they are all fit, and even then most of them are closer to retirement than their best days. Don't even get me started on our bench, it's pathetic for a team like United. We have no depth, and barely enough quality in the first team. SAF worked miracles with this team, miracles are not consistent. If ferguson thought he could do better, he would come out of retirement, but will he? No. He knows the problems in the team and he knows it's not a quick fix and if we're all honest, so do we.

We all want to win, and return to glory days, but let's not rush it. I'd rather build a team over three or four years and have a long period of winning than buying a team in a season or two and get an initial win before returning back to where we currently are. Let's do it properly and give Moyes time, it's a joint effort from Moyes, from the players and from us.
Are Mata, Rooney, RVP, Kagawa, Rafael, De Gea, Vidic, Jones, Smalling, Evra, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Nani etc mid-table players? We have an aging squad, but it should still be good enough to clinch top 4, not stumbling all the way to 7th.

People keep saying how we need to change the whole of our squad and how our current squad is ****-poor and Moyes needs to rebuild, but they conveniently forget the fact that we had already invested 67 million into the squad this season, which is way more than any team in EPL except for City. Chelsea has a net spending of 53 million, Arsenal 32.5 million, Liverpool 20.3 million while Spurs and Everton even made 3.8 million and 16.5 million this season, and they are all placed comfortably above us in the league. Do you really think that the squad that won last season's title is so far behind all the other teams that even if we invested way more money than they had we are still nowhere close to them? So how much money would you give Moyes to spend? 200-300 million? Ugh.

Last edited:
Are Mata, Rooney, RVP, Kagawa, Rafael, De Gea, Vidic, Jones, Smalling, Evra, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Nani etc mid-table players? We have an aging squad, but it should still be good enough to clinch top 4, not stumbling all the way to 7th.

People keep saying how we need to change the whole of our squad and how our current squad is ****-poor and Moyes needs to rebuild, but they conveniently forget the fact that we had already invested 67 million into the squad this season, which is way more than any team in EPL except for City. Chelsea has a net spending of 53 million, Arsenal 32.5 million, Liverpool 20.3 million while Spurs and Everton even made 3.8 million and 16.5 million this season, and they are all placed comfortably above us in the league. Do you really think that the squad that won last season's title is so far behind all the other teams that even if we invested way more money than they had we are still nowhere close to them? So how much money would you give Moyes to spend? 200-300 million? Ugh.

Except they haven't conviently forgotten this (you've made that up). They just haven't forgotten that we have needed a CM/midfield for years, and a left back (possibly two), and a new winger. We also now need a right back. 3 of those need to be excellent. How much do you think that will cost?

Oh and we need a new centre back. Who needs to be at least as good as Evans, if not better.

Yes but he has shown us f all why we should trust him with our transfer business ...
That's not really my point. What he has shown us, and what he has done in the background in terms of prep are two entirely different things. Its the latter that the club will have seen and will be concerned about.

On the defender note, there's plenty of rumours going around that Benatia's snubbed a move to United, on grounds of him just having moved to Roma, playing great football and likely going to be in the CL next season.

On the defender note, there's plenty of rumours going around that Benatia's snubbed a move to United, on grounds of him just having moved to Roma, playing great football and likely going to be in the CL next season.

I'm running out of popcorn gifs. :-/

Except they haven't conviently forgotten this (you've made that up). They just haven't forgotten that we have needed a CM/midfield for years, and a left back (possibly two), and a new winger. We also now need a right back. 3 of those need to be excellent. How much do you think that will cost?
So a team that won the league last year needs an excellent new CM, left back, right back and winger to achieve top 4? I'm not talking about who we need to sign or where we need to strengthen, but the fact that Moyes had been given the financial support to invest into the squad and yet the team seemed to have declined drastically and not even anywhere close to the bear minimum that one should expect from a manager of a top club.

I'm getting tired of this notion that our current squad is horrendous and are right where they belong. We do not have the best squad, but it is a squad that is more than capable of achieving top 4, especially after a 67 million investment.

So a team that won the league last year needs an excellent new CM, left back, right back and winger to achieve top 4? I'm not talking about who we need to sign or where we need to strengthen, but the fact that Moyes had been given the financial support to invest into the squad and yet the team seemed to have declined drastically and not even anywhere close to the bear minimum that one should expect from a manager of a top club.

I'm getting tired of this notion that our current squad is horrendous and are right where they belong. We do not have the best squad, but it is a squad that is more than capable of achieving top 4, especially after a 67 million investment.

Yup. Last year's squad certainly needed some refreshment - but those already arrived in form of Fellaini and Mata. Those two would significantly strengthen almost any squad in the world, and should definitely be enough to keep Premier League champions playing on top 4 level.

Moyes has already spent heavy and there's no visible improvement.

Significantly strength any squad in the world? Fellani really? he didn't even strengthen yours that much.

Significantly strength any squad in the world? Fellani really? he didn't even strengthen yours that much.

What? He's been easily amongst the best players these last couple of weeks when he healed his injury.

Back