The Manchester United Thread

If we qualify for the last 8 then we will get proper hiding once again. All the teams looks so strong and with Moyes in charge it will be another day in the office, a big loss. I just hope if we qualify we draw against Chelsea, Dortmund or Atletico.

If we qualify for the last 8 then we will get proper hiding once again. All the teams looks so strong and with Moyes in charge it will be another day in the office, a big loss. I just hope if we qualify we draw against Chelsea, Dortmund or Atletico.

You dont want Athletico, well unless the board wanna groom him and sound him out while hes at OT for a few days, but they are being underestimated at the min, playing really well, and kinda solid hard working hussling side.

You dont want Athletico, well unless the board wanna groom him and sound him out while hes at OT for a few days, but they are being underestimated at the min, playing really well, and kinda solid hard working hussling side.

I think the reason he's saying Atletico is that our squad, individually, is more talented and thus we'd still have a chance if we played well.

Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG are the teams that would rape us home and away. Only reason I said Chelsea, Dortmund and Atletico is because at least we can save some face while losing the tie. The other 4 teams are just superior to us in every dept and by long long way.

I think the reason he's saying Atletico is that our squad, individually, is more talented and thus we'd still have a chance if we played well.

Partly yes but the main reason I said Atletico is they are not at the level of other 4 teams and I'm sure we will lose but maybe with some respect.

Individually we have better player then Olympiacos, but look what happen there.

Disagree ... Just because the players are behind Giggs, if they are at all, doesn't mean he will necessarily do better. Remember that the players were behind Moyes from the start as well. Look I really don't have any qualms about sacking Moyes but their needs to be a high probability that his replacement will improve the situation rather than asking someone like Giggs to warm the seat just for the sake of getting rid of Moyes

You can disagree, but its not set in stone either way. That's the whole point.

You can disagree, but its not set in stone either way. That's the whole point.

I think some are underestimating what change of manager does, even though the replacement is not as good as the first one. Best example is Spurs. Sherwood is not as good as AVB but some players played better than they did for AVB.

I think some are underestimating what change of manager does, even though the replacement is not as good as the first one. Best example is Spurs. Sherwood is not as good as AVB but some players played better than they did for AVB.
For every Sherwood there's at least 10 Shearers ( or how ever you spell that ****** name).

For every Sherwood there's at least 10 Shearers ( or how ever you spell that ****** name).

Or a Di Matteo, Rafael Benitez, Strama who all done well after taking over mid season.

Not sure what's so hard to understand. We are ****** and we have nothing to play for. If at all board wants to sack Moyes then it doesn't matter if we do it now or at the end of the season as we are out of everything.

If at all Van Gaal is available then we can let some staff or Giggsy to take over till the end of the season and Van Gaal can plan for the squad much earlier.

I have a feeling that we can pull something off tonight. But then again it is probably because I am in a good mood. I think tonight can be one for the history books. I mean Moyes has broken all the other BAD records, so he can at least break the 1984 record. And wait for it.....kick start your season!!! hahahaha Maybe a very much to late, but **** he is not a bad of a manager, as he was this season.

1.Olympiacos really believe they ll do it. They ve been building up towards it for days now. But they are NOT that great so we could do something today at least in 120 mins. But do we want to? I see the point of people saying we should lose if it means Moyes leaving (**** I was the first to say it in this forum) but as I said then I DONT like losing to the Mickeys under any circumstances (and Sunday really HURT). I also am loathe to want to lose cup games cos there's always the chance to win them (does anybody remember how **** the Mickeys were the last season they won it?!) tho again I do understand the fear of being raped by, say REAL next round.

But, since top 4 is long gone AND to kill two birds with one stone (ensuring Moyes leaves before he destroys us fully AND ensuring the Mickeys wont win the EPL) I am prepared to accept losing to ****** (I ll far from love it but the end justifies the means) and even to West Ham.

Its far stupider to want to win a couple of games when you know that MOYES will be gone by next Xmas at the latest anyway cos he's completely out of his depth ....

But would you take couple players performing better over results? Saw somewhere that they have now less goals scored per game, more conceded and less points per game than with AVB.

But would you take couple players performing better over results? Saw somewhere that they have now less goals scored per game, more conceded and less points per game than with AVB.

What results? If we are talking about ManUtd then doesn't matter as we hardly got any results.

If about Spurs then IIRC Sherwood averages 2.2 points per game in league and much better goals for per game than AVB. Sherwood's league form is much better than AVB's but overall there isn't much I guess.

1.Olympiacos really believe they ll do it. They ve been building up towards it for days now. But they are NOT that great so we could do something today at least in 120 mins. But do we want to? I see the point of people saying we should lose if it means Moyes leaving (**** I was the first to say it in this forum) but as I said then I DONT like losing to the Mickeys under any circumstances (and Sunday really HURT). I also am loathe to want to lose cup games cos there's always the chance to win them (does anybody remember how **** the Mickeys were the last season they won it?!) tho again I do understand the fear of being raped by, say REAL next round.

But, since top 4 is long gone AND to kill two birds with one stone (ensuring Moyes leaves before he destroys us fully AND ensuring the Mickeys wont win the EPL) I am prepared to accept losing to ****** (I ll far from love it but the end justifies the means) and even to West Ham.

Its far stupider to want to win a couple of games when you know that MOYES will be gone by next Xmas at the latest anyway cos he's completely out of his depth ....

soory but thats a disgrace. If you ever want to see the team lose, that's a disgrace.

Of course we want to win. I dont care how long you say you support the club. That's a **** attitude. Period.

Destroying us? What **** is this. You lose all credibility when you hugely exaggerate and say this.

We're seventh for crying out loud, not staring relegation and financial oblivion in the face like Leeds United.

Because no one at the club, whether they back Moyes or not, wants to see the club fail at any point. You can come up with flimisy justification you want. BUt you should never ever accept a loss that hurts the club.

If Moyes is getting sacked, Moyes is getting sacked. Winning a game here or there wont save him. So there is no justification for ever accepting see the side lose.

Last edited:
What results? If we are talking about ManUtd then doesn't matter as we hardly got any results.

If about Spurs then IIRC Sherwood averages 2.2 points per game in league and much better goals for per game than AVB. Sherwood's league form is much better than AVB's but overall there isn't much I guess.

Tim Sherwood's Spurs have won less, scored fewer goals and have a leakier defence than under AVB | Mail Online

Was speaking overally. I think better for the reputation to stick with Moyes until end of season and then part ways.

Tim Sherwood's Spurs have won less, scored fewer goals and have a leakier defence than under AVB | Mail Online

Was speaking overally. I think better for the reputation to stick with Moyes until end of season and then part ways.

I think short of a consistent run of good results AND performances he will leave at the end of season. He might go earlier if there really is a major internal fallout. But wont sack him unless they are ready for the next step (transfers etc). Which makes me think he will survive till the end of the season.

I think short of a consistent run of good results AND performances he will leave at the end of season. He might go earlier if there really is a major internal fallout. But wont sack him unless they are ready for the next step (transfers etc). Which makes me think he will survive till the end of the season.

Yeah no real gains to be had by sacking him now.

If Moyes wants to stay,he should know that he need to create a miracle.A win against Olympiakos won't be enough.After Olympiakos,United have 3 more games in March 2014.

A-West Ham United
H-Manchester City
H-Aston Villa

United must get 9 points in this 3 matches.And we will see what is coming from the future for Moyes.But it's hard to get 3 points against Manchester City.And it's hard to save United from their situation,and reach the top again in England.However,we talk about Moyes.And I don't believe that Moyes can do this.

Back