The Manchester United Thread

So Daniel Taylor..

United are at least addressing the issue. This newspaper's information is that deals have already been provisionally agreed for two players in what promises to be an extensive recruitment programme over the summer. The club have deliberately tried to set up transfers six months in advance. Joel Glazer has been more hands-on than many people might realise, speaking to the executive vice chairman, Ed Woodward, three times a day on average from Florida and the club have been encouraged by the feedback from agents. Not once has there has been an indication that a player might be put off because of the prospect of playing in the Europa League next season.

That's very encouraging. Maybe Carvalho and Coentrao..

My team for tonight;
De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck.

Invention, pace and good form in all those players. Can see Giggs starting though, for one reason or another.

First derby in forever that there's no pressure on United and that we are literally playing for pride with no honours on the line for us. Hopefully that leads us to a performance where the players express themselves and play without any nervousness. Literally no expectation from the fans right now, none of us are *really* expecting us to turn City over.

So Daniel Taylor..

That's very encouraging. Maybe Carvalho and Coentrao..

Coentrao is reportedly off to Juventus according to Portuguese press recently.

@DiscoMirror reported last week that we were in advanced negotiations with Everton over Seamus Coleman. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Carvalho and Coleman that The Guardian are talking about.

2 defenders, Jones and Evans. Dont get your excuses in yet :p

I think United should have a good go, they're not expected to win (for the first time ever.. lol), with the postition and injuries, so why not, if they lose the team selection says why, and if they win, made mugs of would be champions. From a city point of view, putting a couple past a makeshift defence should go a long way for confidence on the run in, especially being at OT.

I think it evedent from the Livepool game, marking a space and movement if Fellani and Carrick be problem and with Nasri/Silva being much better at that than Sterling, that will be the worry for me from the red view.

I expect a score draw. Depending on Demichelis. :)

Should be a good game.
Looking forward to a good game too, and oh how I wish Demichelis is playing. Then at least we are certain of a goal or two.

@DMC My team for tonight;
De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck.

Invention, pace and good form in all those players. Can see Giggs starting though, for one reason or another.

Pace really, apart from Welbeck i dont any of those is regarding as 'renowned for pace".

@DMC My team for tonight;

Pace really, apart from Welbeck i dont any of those is regarding as 'renowned for pace".

Smalling is quick at CB, faster than any of our others. Rooney and Welbeck are quick enough to stretch a defence containing Kompany and Demichelis who aren't renowned for their pace. Rafael and Evra are quick too and Jones is hardly a slouch. Kagawa also has quick bursts and isn't a slouch.

Smalling is quick at CB, faster than any of our others. Rooney and Welbeck are quick enough to stretch a defence containing Kompany and Demichelis who aren't renowned for their pace. Rafael and Evra are quick too and Jones is hardly a slouch. Kagawa also has quick bursts and isn't a slouch.

Jones Kagawa? pacey is not really the firs thought, but in comparison to the Man United squad rather than the team they are playing maybe. That's the only thing with Rooney and Welbeck against Demi, i'm not looking forward to, not too worried about Kompany he's as quick as Rooney, and Fernandinho will prob pick him up most of the time, I doubt Fellani and Carrick will be bursting past Yaya in a flash.

Coentrao is reportedly off to Juventus according to Portuguese press recently.

@DiscoMirror reported last week that we were in advanced negotiations with Everton over Seamus Coleman. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Carvalho and Coleman that The Guardian are talking about.

Coleman? He is having excellent season but IMO it would be better to spend money elsewhere as Rafael is excellent and I don't think either would be happy to be back up. Also we should really looking to promote Varela.

img20140325125212.jpg

Getting things ready for tonight...

Didnt Pogba pretty much make his mind up to leave over the Raphael incident?

There's a whole bunch of reasons, but chief amongst everything was because of his agent wanting more money and poisoning Pogba's mind in order to get it.

img20140325125212.jpg

Getting things ready for tonight...

Might need something a little harder than grape juice mate. :P

You're not ready at all. I'm sorry but wine just doesn't fit with football. Its like mixing sushi and chocolate cookies, it just doesn't work.

lol, that's not grape juice, not even wine. Thats schweppes ginger :3

It's rakija ( or rakia for you guys). It's 60% alcohol, good enough to erase any memory. I do this often this season.

If City fans drank rakija(rakia), they would forget that they won the tittle in 2012, it's that strong.

That's similar to what they call moonshine in dixieland, if I'm not mistaken. Mostly home-made, lots and lots of alcohol, and mostly illegal (at least in the states). Would need confirmation from an American, though.

lol, that's not grape juice, not even wine. Thats schweppes ginger :3

It's rakija ( or rakia for you guys). It's 60% alcohol, good enough to erase any memory. I do this often this season.

That **** is strong. I hate it.

Back