The Manchester United Thread

Good to see that last week's win and Moyes' praise was just an intermission for us non United fans to get another drink, refresh our popcorn and prepare for the rest of the show. Excellent.

well it does make a change from you lot being the show

Beating average teams such as W Ham and Olympiacos has always been our manager's forte.

Beating records also. He just managed to beat new one: First time we suffer 10 losses in a season since EPL's inception.

The fans who once again were singing through the whole match do NOT deserve this. If he has an iota of decency and shame he should put us all out of our misery by resigning.

Whoops sorry yes, they didnt let him sack all the staff he wanted and bring in his own people (who btw are obviously doing brilliantly), didnt give him a 6 year contract thereby ensuring he (or even the players) does not feel any pressure, did not allow him to fully **** up summer transfer window, did not let him bring in a player he had at Everton, did not break our transfer record to bring Mata, havent given him a ******** yet to the best of my knowledge ...

Whoops sorry yes, they didnt let him sack all the staff he wanted and bring in his own people (who btw are obviously doing brilliantly), didnt give him a 6 year contract thereby ensuring he (or even the players) does not feel any pressure, did not allow him to fully **** up summer transfer window, did not let him bring in a player he had at Everton, did not break our transfer record to bring Mata, havent given him a ******** yet to the best of my knowledge ...
Maybe that will be in the front pages tomorrow ;)

I hate to agree with you, but I do.

The board have backed Moyes to the hilt.

I hate to agree with you, but I do.

The board have backed Moyes to the hilt.
On the surface I totally agree. But scholes isn't one to play the politics game, so I wonder if he is saying something we don't know. But on the surface he's been backed to the hilt. Although anyone hammering him for bringing in his own staff is an idiot. Especially since he wanted to keep one (Rene) and one is actually ex united (Neville)

Remaining seven league games:

Aston Villa (home)
Newcastle United (away)
Everton (away)
Norwich City (home)
Sunderland (home)
Hull City (home)
Southampton (away)

5 out of 7 wins, two defeats/draws? Need to rely on other results go our way of course.

Scholes saying the club have not backed Moyes enough, I tend to agree.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. If this were any other club he would be fired 3 times over by now. They backed him up on transfer market, they backed him by keeping him on the job, and previous manager is at arms lengths if he ever needs advice.

Manager's job doesn't get more comfortable then that.

The one time I want you to win, United. And you go play like that. Centre mid constantly cut open, always pushed up high, and left Toure/Silva with a free roam ahead of Evans and Ferdinand.

Moyes saying City have set the standard.....where was he hiding the last 20 years?

Moyes saying City have set the standard.....where was he hiding the last 20 years?

That's not really relevant though, if city win their games in hand they'll go top. They have set the standard, they played really well, united didn't. That's setting the standard united ought to be plsying at

The one time I want you to win, United. And you go play like that. Centre mid constantly cut open, always pushed up high, and left Toure/Silva with a free roam ahead of Evans and Ferdinand.

Not a bad day's work by recent standards at home.

I guess you can hand some credit to Moyes in being more aggressive at half-time with the way that we had ended the first, taking off Cleverley and bringing on Kagawa. Particularly after conceding so deplorably. The change inadvertently opened up our midfield even more, but nevertheless it can't be said that he didn't go for it. He tried.

Although this, why Kagawa instead of Valencia, or Young, I'm not too sure.

That's not really relevant though, if city win their games in hand they'll go top. They have set the standard, they played really well, united didn't. That's setting the standard united ought to be plsying at

Still, I never thought I'd hear a United manager saying he wants to emulate City. Even if it's true that they're better.

"We wanna be doing what Liverpool are doing"
"I'm gonna knock them off their ******* perch"

Which sounds better?

Last edited:
Back