The Manchester United Thread

Still, I never thought I'd hear a United manager saying he wants to emulate City. Even if it's true that they're better.

"We wanna be doing what Liverpool are doing"
"I'm gonna knock them off their ******* perch"

Which sounds better?

And as Rodgers pointed out, someone like SAF would never have said that Liverpool are favourites before a derby game at OT. Although to be fair, SAF would probably never have gotten United into such a situation anyways

That's not really relevant though, if city win their games in hand they'll go top. They have set the standard, they played really well, united didn't. That's setting the standard united ought to be plsying at

But that's the problem.......nobody is trying to be realistic about this, least of all Moyes. All we need is a couple of strong reinforcements and a solid pre-season to allow them to get into the team.

Still, I never thought I'd hear a United manager saying he wants to emulate City. Even if it's true that they're better.

Which sounds better?

Second one sounds fine...for Everton's manager.

Its no wonder United had lost their trademark winning mentality if the new manager never had it in a first place.

Which sounds better?

"We will try and make game as hard as possible for West Brom" sounds better :P

Seriously this man is just taking the club to the ground. Just look at Everton (not points or goal scored) and the freedom with which they play, almost the same time as Moyes had and they play without any fear no matter what.

Hopefully Bayern game is the end of Moyes. Yes I said I would give at least a year before judging Moyes but that was if he shows anything remotely positive in the game. Everything about him sounds negative, including the reviews from his ex staff and players. Just accept that we made a mistake, just one time I would love to see ManUtd doing a Chelsea, sack the manager.

We have Rooney, Welbeck, Mata, Kagawa, Fellaini, RVP and still we couldn't score a single goal against Liverpool and City at home and apart from Mata we had almost all players (barring injuries here and there) and we are at the bottom of the table when it comes to goal scored at home, this is at the place where opposition just lost the game before they even entered the pitch.

Just 3 goals scored against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in 8 games, that's pathetic record.

And lol at Wenger for not scoring a goal against ManUtd and not even winning a single game against Moyes.

Second one sounds fine...for Everton's manager.

Its no wonder United had lost their trademark winning mentality if the new manager never had it in a first place.

I agree. Everything comes down to Manager. Team reflects exactly the mentality of Manager.

Bayern - You can see Pep all over that team. They try out new tactics and things that other teams won't even dare to dream.

Chelsea - Typical Jose, solid and hard to bear and excellent on counter attack. You can just tell with the way they are playing that that's a Jose team.

Everton - They play without fear and go for a win. May not be a big name but it's like Wigan but with better players. They play without fear, with Wigan he lost because of lesser quality players but at Everton they are playing well.

City - Attack no matter what and play at higher tempo.

Liverpool - May not be a typical Rodgers style as he was more possession oriented coach but it's clear that he has new ideas and wants to play attacking football which reflects in the way Liverpool play.

Dortmund - Higher tempo, press higher up and counter attack.

Atletico - Players will rather die than no trying. The way they work as a team is just amazing.

Madrid- Not a typical Ancelotti style as he prefers Diamond but when it doesn't work he is never afraid to try out what's best for his players, something he did at Chelsea and now at Madrid and no wonder they did and are doing very well.

ManUtd - No tempo, no hope, cowardly performance, afraid to attack in numbers, midtable mentality. Players are not playing with any freedom at all. Last few games changed a bit but we play half decent team we just go back to typical Moyes team.

Oh and list is endless. You can add teams like Southampton, Juventus, Napoli, Fiorentina, Ajax. They may not be winning all games or cups but you can clearly see what they are trying to do on pitch.

It's amazing to see the difference 5/6 years back......we didn't have a completely talented squad, we had an extremely hardworking one (Neville, O'Shea, Park) and their work rate and determination was the main reason any team was afraid to come to Old Trafford....
Now we've become the **** of all jokes because we have 4 attackers who refuse to acknowledge each other's presence on the pitch and a manager who refuses to try anything new - and let's not forget about our non-existent midfield.

I agree. Everything comes down to Manager. Team reflects exactly the mentality of Manager.

City - Attack no matter what and play at higher tempo.

Pelle learnt quickly that might doesnt always work, early in the season we attack attacked and played fast counter to great effect, but on the road the team have learnt to control the ball and the game more when they have it, rather than CHAARRRGEEEE!!! :)

I thought once the first goal went in we never looked like losing and had another gear, in the 2nd when Mata slotted in behind Rooney, you started picking up the tempo and getting somewhere, then the 2nd went in and it was over. City seemed happy to take that, when earlier in the season, they'd have put the foot down (but didnt go for it or take the risk, or so it seemed to me, other may disagree).

and for those watching Scholes was spefically on about the first window, in regards to te he backing, i think that was a fall down on timing or reluctance of someone to say to Moyes before the contract was signed (but know it was).. so hyperthetically if you were Man U manager next year who do you want? rather than waiting till July 1st, the letting him have a good work with the squad and then say oh we need.. **** it August already. Any mug could have told you to buy 2 CMs before Moyes arrived.

****, jsut seen the quote from Scholes "Rio has to retire" , he's right but ****, "oi mate, your ****, give it up".

lovely bit of honest punidtry for once.

****, jsut seen the quote from Scholes "Rio has to retire" , he's right but ****, "oi mate, your ****, give it up".

lovely bit of honest punidtry for once.

some 1 had to say it last few games games he look like some 1 who has never seen a football game let alone played in 1 he has been gr8 but i think its time to give it up

some 1 had to say it last few games games he look like some 1 who has never seen a football game let alone played in 1 he has been gr8 but i think its time to give it up

Just surprised me coming from Scholes of all people.

It seems to me Moyes lost his ground in second half. Ah well, not to dishearten with this defeat, at least it means Liverpool is one step further from title... god **** I hate myself now :(

[TABLE="width: 620"]
[TR="bgcolor: #ff3322"]
[TD="align: center"]MOYES'S UNWANTED RECORDS AT MAN UTD[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 620"]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]United are guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]United's worst home league form for over a decade[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]First ever home defeat to Swansea this term[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]First home defeat to West Brom since 1978[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]First league defeat to Stoke since 1984[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
g1big.gif
[/TD]
[TD]First time United have conceded a first minute goal at home in the Premier League[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

First season in Premier league where Giggs might not score.

Maybe first season in PL with bottom of the table when it comes to goals scored at home.

Maybe first season is PL with GD 0 at home

First time in PL where we finished below Everton and finished outside top 3.

First team in PL where a clueless manager is in charge of ManUtd

1. Seriously how can a man so woefully out of his depth still have a job after yet another shocking performance (one of many btw - somebody handily a few posts previously pasted a nice box highlighting all the records he has broken). A man whose tactics consist of safely passing it till half way in the opposition half then wide and hoofing it into the box time and time again .. and who responds by going 2-0 down by dropping Rooney (who had an off day but was still potentially our most dangerous player) into the middle so he can put Antonio f**king Valencia on. 20 mins to go, 2-0 down and you put your world class striker to centre midfield. Absolutely shocking.

It pained me to feel that since he's well on the way of destroying us irreperably I would be prepared to swallow the hurt of losing badly to ****** etc (not to LFC I can never accept losing to that lot) IF IT MEANT he would be sacked and thereby precluded from destroying my beloved UTD but at the same time I also said that come what may he wouldnt be sacked and be given the chance to fck up next season as well. Last night had a cumulative effect on me and ACTUALLY MAKE ME FEEL SORRY FOR "US".

2. I said it from the very sad day that SAF retired that Moyes had nothing to commend him for the job and time and time again he has proved me right, I am genuinely puzzled as to how he is a football manager to begin with as he is by far the most cowardly individual I have had the misfortune of seeing sat in a dug out.

3. We ve really got two rivals in the EPL and he allowed us to lose both of them at home within 15 days with barely a whimper. He has taken a team of champions, a problematic squad yes but a team of champions and much better than most people think and drained it of its confidence, imagination, intensity and penetration.

4. WTF starting lineup was that? Cleverley on the flipping wing ?! Fellaini allover the place?!. The team started with no balance at all. We desperately needed Fellaini or Cleverly to be replaced by Valencia (or even Nani) from the get go, the teamsheet was glaringly bad straight from the off. After 11 minutes when Valencia emerged on the touchline I thought "fair play Moyes, got it horribly wrong but you're correcting it early". Then he bottled the change. Did fck all for ages and ages.

5. Whats the point of utilising notionally 3 cms if you are not going to press the middle and control the mf?

6. I liked Fellaini, I wanted him to come. But he is slow and just trots about fouling people. Compare him to Yaya Toure, both big players...that's where the similarities end.

7. People say Giggs gives the ball away a lot, but finally the correct view is being made from Neville that Giggs isn't afraid to give the ball away. He looks for those killer passes, and when they come off they lead to chances. Thats MOYES' main fault imho. He has no balls and is scared to play adventurously How many chances did we make last night from safe passes in front of the defence?

8. Moyes has to go. I don't care if we beat a crappy Greek team and the mighty West Ham. He hasn't got a clue and I'm sick of the sight of his sheepish face walking down toward the tunnel. Sick of having to hear him talking in a way that makes me realise he has not GRASPED THAT HE WORKS FOR THE TOP CLUB IN UK FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS AND ONE OF THE TOP CLUBS IN THE WORLD:

(a) We must aspire to be like City?! wtf? If I was a UTD player and he told me that Id really spit in his face.
(b) I dont know what to do to win?! (post Stoke).
(c) What we must do at the very least is keep it compact and score at least once in the 90 minutes so that we can do something in extra time?! (pre Sunderland second leg)

There were much more such pearls of wisdom from him.

9. The fans who once again sang for the team all the way through the match deserve MUCH better.

10. Next up: Bayern. Bring em on!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 word KLOPP throw cash at the guy but get him and get him NOW i wanted moyes to work but this takes the **** hes not up to we need to be more like city for the love of god we are UTD this **** need to end now

1 word KLOPP throw cash at the guy but get him and get him NOW i wanted moyes to work but this takes the **** hes not up to we need to be more like city for the love of god we are UTD this **** need to end now
Dont think anyone got anything against Moyes working in football, but maybe City, Liverpool or Chelsea. hahaha! Just not UTD.

Maybe first season in PL with bottom of the table when it comes to goals scored at home.

Maybe first season is PL with GD 0 at home

The 2nd record is sad considering we're top of the table away from home...

I can't get over the fact that we were given a false hope at the start of the season (Wigan & Swansea), and that Mourinho tried to play defensively against us at Old Trafford, and now Moyes goes and says we have to aspire to be like our rivals......
No wonder that fan tried to attack him - he was sitting like there like a f**king log!

Last edited:
Dont think anyone got anything against Moyes working in football, but maybe City, Liverpool or Chelsea. hahaha! Just not UTD.

i like the guy i do and i wanted him to work and i thought he would but hes like a lost boy out there its not real

Back