The Manchester United Thread

From Champions by double digits, to apsiring to be more like your local rivals, in one year.

and dont compare Fellani to Toure ever, **** of an insult, for the Juggernaut! .. :p

Said it when he was linked and still think it now, Fellani isnt needed and wasnt needed, i just see the thinking on bringing him in, and pay over the odds for him. Uniteds best player Rooney, his best postition no 10.

Signings Mata, Fellani, Kagawa,, best position no 10. of all em. as well as Janauz.

Last edited:
If Moyes was a foreign manager he wouldn't have got the job IMO. He got it because he was Scottish and maybe people just assumed he is like Ferguson (maybe great man himself assumed it that all Scottish managers have a winning mentality in their blood).

And now suddenly my long rants from a while ago seem justified? :D

Moyes is never a United manager. Some of the things he has said alone proves that. We aspire to be like City hahaha.

This man is a tool, tear that ******* banner down, take Fergie and Bobby for a good old meal with a bit of wine and tell them we have appreciated what they have done but they have no say on who manages us now.

Times have changed... we're keeping Moyes for no reason whatsoever... there is now no expectation suddenly. It's pathetic, worst of all giving this man a 6 year contract.

Think it's the way he handles the media that ****** me off as well. His pathetic grins and the way he tries to act like a chief in the press conference at times by attacking the media. Then he goes and says dumb things like how United should emulate City. Jesus ******* Christ ... If Ancelloti had said that Madrid should emulate Barcelona, he would have been sacked the next day. Moyes is just paralyzed at the prospect of managing a big club and dealing with the expectations that surround them

Oh and Moyes also took a genuinely world class player in Mata and is actively driving him into the ground. The way things are going, Mata would have had a better chance of making the Spanish WC squad by warming his **** on the Chelsea bench rather than playing for that Scottish idiot

And now suddenly my long rants from a while ago seem justified? :D

Moyes is never a United manager. Some of the things he has said alone proves that. We aspire to be like City hahaha.

This man is a tool, tear that ******* banner down, take Fergie and Bobby for a good old meal with a bit of wine and tell them we have appreciated what they have done but they have no say on who manages us now.

Times have changed... we're keeping Moyes for no reason whatsoever... there is now no expectation suddenly. It's pathetic, worst of all giving this man a 6 year contract.

You seem happy for Moyes not doing well? Congrats, proper fan.

You seem happy for Moyes not doing well? Congrats, proper fan.

Yeh and I said I was happy about it.. didn't I? Stop making assumptions. Although lets face it, everyone else is finding it comical with Moyes, so right now it is hard not to laugh at just how bad it can get before he goes.

Yeh and I said I was happy about it.. didn't I? Stop making assumptions. Although lets face it, everyone else is finding it comical with Moyes, so right now it is hard not to laugh at just how bad it can get before he goes.
It surely looks that way...

It surely looks that way...

WTF mate?! I was sure that people would reply the way you did and, predictably enough, I was right.

People who choose to misread stuff I also write have accused me of the same thing! How can we be happy when our team which we supported all our life is doing as badly as we are?!

Its one thing to be proven right and another to be happy!!

I am a Newcastle United fan so my opinion might not be too wanted but... i can't help but agree with everything your all saying about Moyes. Never have i seen a team become so poor after a summer break, i often wondered was Ferguson as good as what the players made him look and i think it has now been proven, YES he was.

I had to laugh when he signed Fellaini because it was a pitty sigining, the reason he never went to a bigger club is because they seen he was only a 'decent' player not a world class player.

Think Ally Mcoist could be in with a shout? ha ha

Garcia at Roma, Poyet at Sunderland, Mourinho going back to Chelsea. Martino at Barcelona, Pellegrini at City, Pep at Bayern, Martinez at Everton. Rafa at Napoli.

All them didn't need time to put their stamp at the club... but Moyes deserves more? Am I missing something here.

I have not watched Utd for 90 minutes much this season but i did last night and i was gobsmacked! So many problems at the club at the moment its going to take a lot to get this back on track but it can be done. Many problems i saw last night was Moyes putting square pegs in round holes, Fellaini not Utd standard (which is something i said when a lot of Chelsea fans wanted us to sign him last summer), no pace, no one running in behind, Cleverley, Evra, Ferdinand, Fergie staring down on the action, and the biggest problem for me right now is Moyes.

So many players right now just are no-where near Utd quality, Moyes gave Nani a new contract and has hardly used him, be lucky to get 10million for him this summer. I thought Fergie retired to spend more time with his other half, he also has many other interests i.e horse racing maybe going to watch his son. Why retire if you are still going to attend every match? The signing of Mata made no sense what so ever as i also stated at the time unless you were going to change formation massively. Personally think it was a bit of an Arsenal "panic quick lets show we can still sign the very best players" decision, Utd had problems elsewhere.

I was in the "Moyes needs time" camp and not for the obvious Utd doing poorly reason but because he needed to find his feet. But as the season has gone on i think he has proven time and time again he is not a big enough manager for this job (which is something else i said when many Chelsea fans wanted him to take that job). Personally i'd throw all the money you can at Klopp this summer, Dortmund have absolutely nothing to play for anymore they had their amazing period but now your top players are going to Bayern what else is there to do? He is a manager who built from the ground up and improves players immensely.

I was in the "Moyes needs time" camp and not for the obvious Utd doing poorly reason but because he needed to find his feet. But as the season has gone on i think he has proven time and time again he is not a big enough manager for this job (which is something else i said when many Chelsea fans wanted him to take that job). Personally i'd throw all the money you can at Klopp this summer, Dortmund have absolutely nothing to play for anymore they had their amazing period but now your top players are going to Bayern what else is there to do? He is a manager who built from the ground up and improves players immensely.

Cant agree more with that!

Think it's the way he handles the media that ****** me off as well. His pathetic grins and the way he tries to act like a chief in the press conference at times by attacking the media. Then he goes and says dumb things like how United should emulate City. Jesus ******* Christ ... If Ancelloti had said that Madrid should emulate Barcelona, he would have been sacked the next day. Moyes is just paralyzed at the prospect of managing a big club and dealing with the expectations that surround them

Jesus, of all the things that people criticized Moyes for this has to be the dumbest one. Pathetic grins? WTF, I want him gone as well but some of the nit picking is lol worthy.

If that ****** you off then you should be hating the sight of Jose.

WTF mate?! I was sure that people would reply the way you did and, predictably enough, I was right.

People who choose to misread stuff I also write have accused me of the same thing! How can we be happy when our team which we supported all our life is doing as badly as we are?!

Its one thing to be proven right and another to be happy!!

I don't know.

Knee jerk reactions are bad and patience is good in principle. Also the UTD board backing Moyes to the hilt (a point I made a few posts ago) was the CORRECT thing. Its stupid appointing somebody as your manager and then not to let him manage the way he sees fit by eg bringing his own people in. You appoint him cos you trust him and, logically, he will be ultimately judged by his acts and omissions once at the job. And the latter is whats happening with Moyes now.

But back to my point: I have ALWAYS maintained on this site and elsewhere that giving a manager time is the most reasonable thing and should go without saying. But he must also earn it. Bearing in mind that he hardly had an illustrious career previously (Ill only mention his never to date managing to beat a top 4 team away) he had to show once at Utd and sharpish that he deserved to be given time - by showing a clear purpose and philosophy (tactical or otherwise) and by giving glimpses at least in matches that he is the man to lead the team to further glory eventually. And thats where he has gloriously failed and thats why we want him gone before he can cause irreperable damage. Thats why people mistake our attitude as "happiness" that he failed.

We are not happy he failed cos UTD is being destroyed by the day under him and we LOVE Utd. But he has not earned the time and he should be resigning ...

But he WONT resign or be sacked as Ive been saying. He will be given more time and he will balls up next season before being sacked by this coming December.

Back