The Manchester United Thread

Jesus, of all the things that people criticized Moyes for this has to be the dumbest one. Pathetic grins? WTF, I want him gone as well but some of the nit picking is lol worthy.

If that ****** you off then you should be hating the sight of Jose.

Hahahaha.

1. When somebody is destroying one of the things you love the most then he quickly gets annoying to the point you cant stand him. So yes I cant stand his pathetic grins/mannerisms/tone of voice/**** he spouts. I cant stand the sight of him.
2. Mourinho is god. Dont talk about him in comparison with Moyes. He's the best manager in the world and a real character/NEVER boring. Id sell my grandmother to have him as our manager right now ...

Hahahaha.

1. When somebody is destroying one of the things you love the most then he quickly gets annoying to the point you cant stand him. So yes I cant stand his pathetic grins/mannerisms/tone of voice/**** he spouts. I cant stand the sight of him.
2. Mourinho is god. Dont talk about him in comparison with Moyes. He's the best manager in the world and a real character/NEVER boring. Id sell my grandmother to have him as our manager right now ...

That's not the point.

Jesus, of all the things that people criticized Moyes for this has to be the dumbest one. Pathetic grins? WTF, I want him gone as well but some of the nit picking is lol worthy.

If that ****** you off then you should be hating the sight of Jose.

Isn't only me ... Has ****** off other United fans as well. And trust me I couldn't care less about what Moyes does to United, I hope he stays for a long time and drives you further into the ground. So i celebrate all his otjer flaws such as his tactical naivety in big games. What ****** me off is that whenever a reporter asks him a question on whether he fears losing his job ... His response is basically 'I have a 6 year contract' *grins*. Then he goes further and starts bringing out statistics to attack the media and say that the job he has done is not so bad (Check his last presser before the City game). He really is one deluded idiot

Oh and no it doesn't **** me off when Jose does it because unlike Moyes, he can back it up. He has won more trophies than Moyes can win in ten lifetimes

Last edited:
Really enjoying this thread at the moment. Remember clearly that some of you were the very people who used to smugly post on how 'Managers need time to be successful' etc. whenever Chelsea sacked a manager and now are the same people who are actively calling for the sacking of Moyes. Nothing wrong with that mind ... I anyways always felt that managerial stability is slightly overrated. Look at Arsenal and how many trophies they won and compare it to Chelsea in the last decade

Really enjoying this thread at the moment. Remember clearly that some of you were the very people who used to smugly post on how 'Managers need time to be successful' etc. whenever Chelsea sacked a manager and now are the same people who are actively calling for the sacking of Moyes. Nothing wrong with that mind ... I anyways always felt that managerial stability is slightly overrated. Look at Arsenal and how many trophies they won and compare it to Chelsea in the last decade

To be fair, that's probably slightly more to do with the fact that Chelsea have invested ridiculous sums of money to get the best players over that same time period.

You do realise the single biggest point about that was the lack of backing Chelsea used to give their managers. That was kind of the point. No one can say moyes hasn't been back to the hilt. I doubt he will survive the start of the next season

It is one thing to be sacking a manager that did nothing but dragged a title winning squad to seventh place and look absolutely hopeless and clueless, and another when you sack a manager that had just won you a double the season before (Ancelotti) or a manager that had just won you your first ever CL (Di Matteo)... I would definitely give Moyes more time if he had won something for us before, but right now he is just dragging us down into the drain.

It is one thing to be sacking a manager that did nothing but dragged a title winning squad to seventh place and look absolutely hopeless and clueless, and another when you sack a manager that had just won you a double the season before (Ancelotti) or a manager that had just won you your first ever CL (Di Matteo)... I would definitely give Moyes more time if he had won something for us before, but right now he is just dragging us down into the drain.
Yeah the comparisons aren't even close, because unlike those managers, moyes is being given all the support possible. The whole point was that Chelsea should back them (which they tended not to do)

What I find interesting, is the growing number of people now turning on SAF. Some of the twitter comments were quite an eye opener

What I find interesting, is the growing number of people now turning on SAF. Some of the twitter comments were quite an eye opener
Dont know why they turn on him? He did very well with (as very one know is saying) a average team. Winning the league by 11 points. So maybe he did a little mistake by appointing Moyes but **** I dont think anyone could have seen that one coming.

Ungrateful c**ts. He was not faultless when manager but he did so much good for us and gave us so much. So he got MOYES wrong so flippin what.

And our squad is NOT AVERAGE. Only two teams have better squads than us today. Chelsea and City.

Last edited:
Ungrateful c**ts. He was not faultless when manager but he did so much good for us and gave us so much. So he got MOYES wrong so flippin what.

And our squad is NOT AVERAGE. Only two teams have better squads than us today. Chelsea and City.
I dont and wont ever say that we have an average team, because that is not true. But other people on this forum and many pundits say it is a aging, average team.

Turning on him for what? He's done nothing wrong, unless you mean turning on him for retiring which seems incredibly harsh.

It's a sad day when a tweet from a nobody becomes newsworthy.

Turning on him for what? He's done nothing wrong, unless you mean turning on him for retiring which seems incredibly harsh.

It's a sad day when a tweet from a nobody becomes newsworthy.

Turned because he appointed Moyes, and for leaving an "average" squad. But this is twitter-it is normally full of interesting specimens of pond life

I have not watched Utd for 90 minutes much this season but i did last night and i was gobsmacked! So many problems at the club at the moment its going to take a lot to get this back on track but it can be done. Many problems i saw last night was Moyes putting square pegs in round holes, Fellaini not Utd standard (which is something i said when a lot of Chelsea fans wanted us to sign him last summer), no pace, no one running in behind, Cleverley, Evra, Ferdinand, Fergie staring down on the action, and the biggest problem for me right now is Moyes.

So many players right now just are no-where near Utd quality, Moyes gave Nani a new contract and has hardly used him, be lucky to get 10million for him this summer. I thought Fergie retired to spend more time with his other half, he also has many other interests i.e horse racing maybe going to watch his son. Why retire if you are still going to attend every match? The signing of Mata made no sense what so ever as i also stated at the time unless you were going to change formation massively. Personally think it was a bit of an Arsenal "panic quick lets show we can still sign the very best players" decision, Utd had problems elsewhere.

I was in the "Moyes needs time" camp and not for the obvious Utd doing poorly reason but because he needed to find his feet. But as the season has gone on i think he has proven time and time again he is not a big enough manager for this job (which is something else i said when many Chelsea fans wanted him to take that job). Personally i'd throw all the money you can at Klopp this summer, Dortmund have absolutely nothing to play for anymore they had their amazing period but now your top players are going to Bayern what else is there to do? He is a manager who built from the ground up and improves players immensely.
You realise that managing a club involves much more than just going to matches, right? He may have retired so he doesn't have to go to training every morning or spend all his free time mulling over his tactics, so he can spend more time with his family. The matches don't last that long, so it's not surprising he's watching the club he loves every week.

Isn't only me ... Has ****** off other United fans as well. And trust me I couldn't care less about what Moyes does to United, I hope he stays for a long time and drives you further into the ground. So i celebrate all his otjer flaws such as his tactical naivety in big games. What ****** me off is that whenever a reporter asks him a question on whether he fears losing his job ... His response is basically 'I have a 6 year contract' *grins*. Then he goes further and starts bringing out statistics to attack the media and say that the job he has done is not so bad (Check his last presser before the City game). He really is one deluded idiot

Oh and no it doesn't **** me off when Jose does it because unlike Moyes, he can back it up. He has won more trophies than Moyes can win in ten lifetimes
So when someone's successful, it doesn't matter if he's a ****? Wow. By the way, before anyone slates me, I'd like to point out that I don't think Mourinho's actually a ****, but just that this is serious double standards.

So when someone's successful, it doesn't matter if he's a ****? Wow. By the way, before anyone slates me, I'd like to point out that I don't think Mourinho's actually a ****, but just that this is serious double standards.

Did you even read what I said? I said that it ****** me off that Moyes tries to act big in presses and interviews even though he can't back it up unlike Jose. Although to be fair to him, he finally took responsibility and said that it was his fault after the city game before going on to say how united should emulate city

Back