The Manchester United Thread

You do realise the single biggest point about that was the lack of backing Chelsea used to give their managers. That was kind of the point. No one can say moyes hasn't been back to the hilt. I doubt he will survive the start of the next season

Scholes just said that he hasn't and he probably knows more than the average United fan

Did you even read what I said? I said that it ****** me off that Moyes tries to act big in presses and interviews even though he can't back it up unlike Jose. Although to be fair to him, he finally took responsibility and said that it was his fault after the city game before going on to say how united should emulate city

How on Earth do you figure he acts big? If anything he's completely the opposite.

Garcia at Roma, Poyet at Sunderland, Mourinho going back to Chelsea. Martino at Barcelona, Pellegrini at City, Pep at Bayern, Martinez at Everton. Rafa at Napoli.

All them didn't need time to put their stamp at the club... but players like Neville and Scholes are saying Moyes deserves more? Am I missing something here. Someone enlighten me.

How on Earth do you figure he acts big? If anything he's completely the opposite.

Have you seen his press conferences? His stupid grins whenever he is asked whether his job is under threat. His prickly and combative attitude towards journalists

Have you seen his press conferences? His stupid grins whenever he is asked whether his job is under threat. His prickly and combative attitude towards journalists

I'm not gonna criticise a man for smiling and being scottish.

That's horrifying. One of those journalists should make a stand and poke him in the eye.

That's horrifying. One of those journalists should make a stand and poke him in the eye.

Never said that is his worst flaw. Simply said that it's one of the many annoying things about him

Isn't only me ... Has ****** off other United fans as well. And trust me I couldn't care less about what Moyes does to United, I hope he stays for a long time and drives you further into the ground. So i celebrate all his otjer flaws such as his tactical naivety in big games. What ****** me off is that whenever a reporter asks him a question on whether he fears losing his job ... His response is basically 'I have a 6 year contract' *grins*. Then he goes further and starts bringing out statistics to attack the media and say that the job he has done is not so bad (Check his last presser before the City game). He really is one deluded idiot

Oh and no it doesn't **** me off when Jose does it because unlike Moyes, he can back it up. He has won more trophies than Moyes can win in ten lifetimes

Looking at some of your posts it looks you really do care and you sound like a ManUtd fan with posts like "I won't give him time, I will give him time" and all that.

Oh and comparing it to Chelsea, well done. Chelsea sacked double winning manager Carlo, Manager who won league titles Jose, Manager who was very much in contention for 4th place AVB (which turned out for best), Manager who was in 3rd place I believe (Scolari). There is no comparison at all. ManUtd haven't sacked manager for 1 season even though he took champions to 7th place and might end up even low.

Oh Jose won more trophies so he can do whatever he wants in the press conference.. phew..

On one side we ManUtd fans are annoyed with Moyes because of he handles press conference, always looks defeated even before the game is started and how he is low on confidence and on the other hand we have a Chelsea fan saying how Moyes is annoying in the press as if he is some chief. lol. Just post anything to go with the herd when everyone is against Moyes.

I really was one who supported Moyes, even before the January transfer window. Yes, results are bad, and we're playing worse, but even then, somehow trusting the wisdom of Sir Alex, I would've been ok with Moyes continuing on for a year more, probably. Just that.. His two recent comments have irritated me to the core..

I'm just not sure our team should have a manager who admits he wants to emulate City, and that Liverpool are favourites. Sorry. I'd rather have a manager who would 'knock them off their ******* perch' than one who would want to emulate them :\ Those two comments regarding Liverpool and City irritated me to no end.

Mourinho plays mind games;; Even if Moyes wanted to emulate him, it is NOT United style. United should be swaggering with panache like kings and have that little bit of arrogance (a la Ferguson). Not trying to play mind games which are not working :\ If the players had that exhibited from their behavior, it'd be less worrying than now, when looking at them, they're not all that confident at all.

I really was one who supported Moyes, even before the January transfer window. Yes, results are bad, and we're playing worse, but even then, somehow trusting the wisdom of Sir Alex, I would've been ok with Moyes continuing on for a year more, probably. Just that.. His two recent comments have irritated me to the core..

I'm just not sure our team should have a manager who admits he wants to emulate City, and that Liverpool are favourites. Sorry. I'd rather have a manager who would 'knock them off their ******* perch' than one who would want to emulate them :\ Those two comments regarding Liverpool and City irritated me to no end.

Mourinho plays mind games;; Even if Moyes wanted to emulate him, it is NOT United style. United should be swaggering with panache like kings and have that little bit of arrogance (a la Ferguson). Not trying to play mind games which are not working :\ If the players had that exhibited from their behavior, it'd be less worrying than now, when looking at them, they're not all that confident at all.

Something we lack big time and IMO that's all to do with Manager. We play like cowards on the pitch, not sure how he can turn this.

How great it would be if we have someone like him in our midfield.

845631406.gif

All this has to do with Moyes not being as intimidating as Fergie, and the media are taking advantage of this fact. Up until last season, everybody in the game would be wetting their pants at the sight of the United manager - rivals, players, officials, journalists. Even Mourinho, after the Real Madrid game, was in awe of Fergie.

And now, look at Moyes - everybody's laughing at him, even he himself. I pity the man, he's out of his depth here.

You realise that managing a club involves much more than just going to matches, right? He may have retired so he doesn't have to go to training every morning or spend all his free time mulling over his tactics, so he can spend more time with his family. The matches don't last that long, so it's not surprising he's watching the club he loves every week.

Well it's common knowledge that Fergie had little input in the training anyway. I'm just saying i think someone as big as him should either stay or walk away for good. I said it would never work with Dalglish/Hodgson at Liverpool and i think the same here too.

Well it's common knowledge that Fergie had little input in the training anyway. I'm just saying i think someone as big as him should either stay or walk away for good. I said it would never work with Dalglish/Hodgson at Liverpool and i think the same here too.

Fergie attending games has no impact whatsoever on Moyes and the team playing on the field. Fergie is a free man and can do whatever he wants. He is not entering dressing room, not in training. He just watches the games and the club he spent 27 years to build. There is nothing wrong with that and if anyone really finds that an excuse (even 1%) for the team's form and position then they are doing it wrong big time.

Sir Matt Busby attended games and it had no impact back then on Fergie. Only when Matt Busby involved in training sessions or started giving some instructions to manager it became a problem in late 60s.

Btw, Madrid lost again and now are in 3rd position. There is every change Anelotti might get sack if they don't win CL or La Liga. Would be fantastic if can sign him.

Btw, Madrid lost again and now are in 3rd position. There is every change Anelotti might get sack if they don't win CL or La Liga. Would be fantastic if can sign him.

They're only 3 points behind.....unfortunately, the pressure is on atletico at the moment to disturb the balance in spain. I'd be happier if we could convince simeone (unrealistic, i know) to come to united.

There were rumours that Atletico were already preparing for the eventual loss of Simeone.. Probably just wild speculation.. Still, I'm not sure who is more realistic, Simeone or Klopp. van Gaal sounds more realistic than both of them, I guess..

They're only 3 points behind.....unfortunately, the pressure is on atletico at the moment to disturb the balance in spain. I'd be happier if we could convince simeone (unrealistic, i know) to come to united.

They are 3 points behind but with worse head to head record, so that's 4 points worse.

Atletico Vs Barca, last game of the season should be a cracker.

Back